6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

Dan

Reaction score
Was the air to water just not performing well enough or was it purely the fitment issues?

Under normal heavy acceleration the system would become head soaked and boil over pushing all the coolant out of the secondary cooling system. Expecially after doing all those doughnuts... So yeah that frozen boost was putting too much load on the secondary cooling system... Air to air is the only logical way to cool my intake air temps

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I may be wrong... But it seems like the passenger side of the motor will be getting no air at all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcain

Reaction score
Both sides of the motor are plumbed in, albeit not the smoothest transition to the passenger side. Pressurized system don't care.

Isobaric

Reaction score
Both sides of the motor are plumbed in, albeit not the smoothest transition to the passenger side. Pressurized system don't care.
Navier-stokes would disagree with that statement....

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Isobaric

Reaction score
Not saying it won't work for a temporary solution...just wouldn't run it like that indefinitely. Especially with the power you are pushing. Air temps aside I've seen some nasty chit happen when cylinders aren't breathing equally.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Is this big enough?
374bd56b4ea2fac13582a8502eaa9f91.jpg

Dan

Reaction score
Is this big enough?
374bd56b4ea2fac13582a8502eaa9f91.jpg

Mpds "prototype" if you wanna call it that, air to air setup is on the table... Just waiting to hear back from Craig on cost and time frame...

I was also approached by a long lost friend about a twin mishimotto/ custom rad setup which I am strongly considering...

That one in particular mike looks like 5.9 Cummings and if I remember correctly it's not the factory rad being used... (Likely a good thing due to failure rate)

TRUBBS

Reaction score
Mpds "prototype" if you wanna call it that, air to air setup is on the table... Just waiting to hear back from Craig on cost and time frame...

I was also approached by a long lost friend about a twin mishimotto/ custom rad setup which I am strongly considering...

That one in particular mike looks like 5.9 Cummings and if I remember correctly it's not the factory rad being used... (Likely a good thing due to failure rate)

i think its an HTT polished 3rd gen if memory serves me correct

Latest posts

Members online