60' times before and after traction bars.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i changed front shock as well but went from 1.75 to 1.68s

The thing that most people don't realize is that most "traction bars" people refer to are basically just anti-axle wrap devices, meaning the suspension stays put under a load, this allows for more consistant launches and if you do happen to spin you dont get the violent hop from the rear end in that event.

SO in all reality they dont ADD traction, they just allow you to push the limits further of your launch, in my experience the fastest launches are the ones where the tires just chirp on take off.

a true "Traction" bar is an assasin bar, or a caltrac that actually uses leverage of the axle wrap to provide downforce on the rear end to help drive it into the ground, that being said they dont seam to work as well on these heavy trucks and are much more complicated to set up and keep working correctly

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
i changed front shock as well but went from 1.75 to 1.68s

The thing that most people don't realize is that most "traction bars" people refer to are basically just anti-axle wrap devices, meaning the suspension stays put under a load, this allows for more consistant launches and if you do happen to spin you dont get the violent hop from the rear end in that event.

SO in all reality they dont ADD traction, they just allow you to push the limits further of your launch, in my experience the fastest launches are the ones where the tires just chirp on take off.

a true "Traction" bar is an assasin bar, or a caltrac that actually uses leverage of the axle wrap to provide downforce on the rear end to help drive it into the ground, that being said they dont seam to work as well on these heavy trucks and are much more complicated to set up and keep working correctly

Good info here!
I can't seem to cut under a 1.89 60' time, even with tire pressure dropped to 30 and 25. I think if I could get my 60' down, I would have much better track times.

johnp115

Reaction score
Good info here!
I can't seem to cut under a 1.89 60' time, even with tire pressure dropped to 30 and 25. I think if I could get my 60' down, I would have much better track times.

Those 35's must be killing your time then cause my 60' was 1.82 with front wheels hopping, tires at 60psi and leaving too hard. On stock fuel with only a lp batmo

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
1.71 stock tires stock everything with a tune
1.64 with 33" m/t ATZ and ouo traction bars
1.61 in my lifted ex cab with 35" toyo mt's

Kind

Reaction score
I have seen Roger Smith cut 1.5's with his silver truck and Toyo Proxies consistently with his Caltrac's and 1.4's with drag tires. Once Caltrac's are dialled they perform very well. As well I don't believe Roger crawls under his truck and adjusts them ever. As long as the "traction bar" is set up so it doesn't over squat the rear, unloading the front tires then they are a better option the an axle wrap bar for a leaf sprung drag vehicle.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
The rear is an obvious issue, but front end improvements are just as critical.
My truck was nearly useless without bars in the back. I was getting about 2.0 and 1.9 without bars. I only went once since I put my bars on, but I couldn't get better than a 1.8 without the front end going all willy nilly. I needed to lower tire pressure for sure, but some ALA's or 4 link and good shocks will help as well.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
1.74 with a leveling kit and 35" AT's with no bars. That was back in the day when my 6.4 was tune only. Then dropped it to 1.71 with Pro Comp bars and Toyo Proxes at stock height. Only improvement in mods was a built transmission. Then I lowered the truck, added ported fuel rails, an intake elbow, and CalTracs. Pulled a 1.66 and consistently pulled under 1.70.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Are ya'll pulling these times with stock front suspension? I'm going to the track for the first time Friday night and was worried about hopping the front axle but if ya'll are pulling those times then I'm not worried

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!

johnp115

Reaction score
Are ya'll pulling these times with stock front suspension? I'm going to the track for the first time Friday night and was worried about hopping the front axle but if ya'll are pulling those times then I'm not worried

If you dont leave too hard and you drop tire pressure you wont hop

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
If you dont leave too hard and you drop tire pressure you wont hop

Sounds good, guess I'll start at 1800rpm like has been said and go from there.

What should I drop my tire pressures to? It's on Michelin LTX AT2 275/65r20 and stock 20's till next week

swinky

Reaction score
This has me wanting cal tracs again. I've been talked out of them soo many times but they seem to work.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.