7.3 powerstroke batmowheels

TyCorr

Reaction score
Its probably not on the radar as far as priority goes. Im of the OPINION that it might just have a different map than the stock wheels. In the case of the garrett bb charger, its pretty hard to best its performance. In other words, I have decided the batmo isnt going to do me a bit.of.good.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Its probably not on the radar as far as priority goes. Im of the OPINION that it might just have a different map than the stock wheels. In the case of the garrett bb charger, its pretty hard to best its performance. In other words, I have decided the batmo isnt going to do me a bit.of.good.

Im starting to think the same thing. Time will tell.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Im starting to think the same thing. Time will tell.

Id.probably do it if I wasnt ultimately planning to add an atmospheric charger to the 38r. It literally is unnecessary in a set of.compounds however as you'll never even reach high boost levels on a towing/street set of compounds. It all depends on your goals. I would agree with silver truck guy up there, ^, that there is too much wring with the ztock charger to begin with. Much less to throw a $400 wheel on it. Stock with just a chip, the stock charger is fine,imo. Aaaand its cheaply rebuilt. On the other hand, a 38r is such a perfect match Id not want anything else for a single on a 7.3. I just hope they can do some amazing things in the r code charger paired with hybrids utilizing the batmowheel.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Id.probably do it if I wasnt ultimately planning to add an atmospheric charger to the 38r. It literally is unnecessary in a set of.compounds however as you'll never even reach high boost levels on a towing/street set of compounds. It all depends on your goals. I would agree with silver truck guy up there, ^, that there is too much wring with the ztock charger to begin with. Much less to throw a $400 wheel on it. Stock with just a chip, the stock charger is fine,imo. Aaaand its cheaply rebuilt. On the other hand, a 38r is such a perfect match Id not want anything else for a single on a 7.3. I just hope they can do some amazing things in the r code charger paired with hybrids utilizing the batmowheel.

I agree. I have a hard time tellin myself that I would buy a $400 wheel for my stock charger. Specially when I have plans here soon to be running a 2.6 S400. So ity would be pointless to for me to spend that kind of money. BUT, I am still VERY interested in the results of the stock replacement Batmo.

Homesteader

Reaction score
So this Batmowheel is for a 38r or stock turbo? Sorry didnt have time to read the whole thread.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
So this Batmowheel is for a 38r or stock turbo? Sorry didnt have time to read the whole thread.

Theres 2 different threads...I dont know why cuz it makes it confusing but hey, what can ya do. Theres a 38r batmo thread and a stock 7.3 batmo thread(this one). All three turbos(early "OBS" turbo, late "SD" turbo, and the 38r) Are sapposed to be getting batmos made and tested. Keep in mind the OBS style and the SD style turbos on the 7.3's, thier wheels can be interchanged. So one Batmo wheel should fit both of those turbos. And I THINK the 38r wheel is the same wheel as the D66(super66) as well.

Homesteader

Reaction score
Theres 2 different threads...I dont know why cuz it makes it confusing but hey, what can ya do. Theres a 38r batmo thread and a stock 7.3 batmo thread(this one). All three turbos(early "OBS" turbo, late "SD" turbo, and the 38r) Are sapposed to be getting batmos made and tested. Keep in mind the OBS style and the SD style turbos on the 7.3's, thier wheels can be interchanged. So one Batmo wheel should fit both of those turbos. And I THINK the 38r wheel is the same wheel as the D66(super66) as well.

So what does this wheel have over the wicked wheel? What is to be expected of this wheel?

Lowdown89

Reaction score
we dont know. and lots, apparently...

we havent seen anything yet....

Here is bills post about my truck in the other batmo thread... He got my injectors and they are in and truck is running, must be running pretty well from how he described it lol anyway here's the latest update From bill!

"And just for reference, I meant "stupid" in a good way! Even with some off the shelf 250cc tunes, this thing was a monster. Once we get it on the dyno, we'll get the tuning dialed in and see how she does. I suspect that I may have to turn the tuning down quite a bit because I simply do not think there is enough turbo in the 38R to clear everything up adequately. I'm really hoping that the BMW is going to help in the low/mid RPM range with smoke control.

We will see! And yes, I'll be shooting videos of before and after. "

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
So what does this wheel have over the wicked wheel? What is to be expected of this wheel?

I assume you have an SD. The wicked wheel is not really a performance gain. Its to get rid of the surging problems associated with SD turbos. The "wicked wheel" is just an OBS turbo wheel. The batmo is sapposed to be a performance compressor wheel.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Here is bills post about my truck in the other batmo thread... He got my injectors and they are in and truck is running, must be running pretty well from how he described it lol anyway here's the latest update From bill!

"And just for reference, I meant "stupid" in a good way! Even with some off the shelf 250cc tunes, this thing was a monster. Once we get it on the dyno, we'll get the tuning dialed in and see how she does. I suspect that I may have to turn the tuning down quite a bit because I simply do not think there is enough turbo in the 38R to clear everything up adequately. I'm really hoping that the BMW is going to help in the low/mid RPM range with smoke control.

We will see! And yes, I'll be shooting videos of before and after. "

Is that one of the only guys testing the Batmo? and if so why the hell is it with 250 cc injectors. Alot more people have 38r's then have 250 cc injectors.

jngreen

Reaction score
Ill give you a clue guys, bullseye probably offers a BMW because its easy for them to do so.

I doubt there are too many people interested in doing some serious testing on a wheel for a stock turbo as most vendors have moved on to bigger and better things. so, crying about not seeing any results for the last 10 days or so isn't going to motivate anyone. But good luck anyways.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.