7.3 powerstroke batmowheels

TyCorr

Reaction score
Alright, d66 is obs turbo with a 38r compressor wheel.
Super 66 is a 1.15 non-wg exh housing with a larger wheel and the 38r compressor section.

Just so everybody is clear. Myself included.

jngreen

Reaction score
Alright, d66 is obs turbo with a 38r compressor wheel.
Super 66 is a 1.15 non-wg exh housing with a larger wheel and the 38r compressor section.

Just so everybody is clear. Myself included.

A d66 is a stock turbo with a 38r compressor wheel, superduty or obs.

A super d66 is a van turbo with a 38r compressor wheel, usually refering to a superduty turbo only. It is called a super because the van turbo has a larger exhaust wheel and housing than the stock turbo.

So, to answer the question above, a batmowheel designed to fit a 38r, should fit a d66 as well. The 38r and a d66 have the same compressor wheel.

TyCorr

Reaction score
A d66 is a stock turbo with a 38r compressor wheel, superduty or obs.

A super d66 is a van turbo with a 38r compressor wheel, usually refering to a superduty turbo only. It is called a super because the van turbo has a larger exhaust wheel and housing than the stock turbo.

So, to answer the question above, a batmowheel designed to fit a 38r, should fit a d66 as well. The 38r and a d66 have the same compressor wheel.

Right on brotha...

Buffalo444

Reaction score
Something tells me this batmowheel fell flat on it's face, because there are more problems with a 7.3 turbo than a compressor wheel can fix... looks like a 400$ billet wicked wheel.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I dont think so boys...nothing in the way of tuning has been addressed so far. The concept isnt going to work on bw s series turbos, whatever turbos a cummins uses, and also the 6l and do NOTHING for these trucks. Obviously a stock trucks fuel system, on a 7.3 doesnt leave much room to play. The inj's are the first limitation that comes to mind. With stock fueling 300-330 hp is gonna be about it. The results might not be THAT dramatic, but to say its junk isnt fair, just yet anyway, imo. When the guy with the php built motor in the black and gold dually gets his setup dynoed I expect more.dramatic.results.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I dont think so boys...nothing in the way of tuning has been addressed so far. The concept isnt going to work on bw s series turbos, whatever turbos a cummins uses, and also the 6l and do NOTHING for these trucks. Obviously a stock trucks fuel system, on a 7.3 doesnt leave much room to play. The inj's are the first limitation that comes to mind. With stock fueling 300-330 hp is gonna be about it. The results might not be THAT dramatic, but to say its junk isnt fair, just yet anyway, imo. When the guy with the php built motor in the black and gold dually gets his setup dynoed I expect more.dramatic.results.

Bill will have my batmowheel Monday and then as soon as full force gets him my injectors he is going to do before and after runs and I'm sure will post up any info y'all want good or bad... I want him to post up the results no matter what happens, if it works wonderful if it doesn't produce I will be the first one to say I guess I wasted my cash. But like Tycorr has said no reason to badmouth it with no concrete proof... The guy whom was going to teat it for mpd said he had HPOP problems and if he tested it with other issues it wouldn't put out accurate numbers so they didn't do it

TyCorr

Reaction score
I suppose the one guy above was partially correct in that he said there was more wrong with the 7.3 turbo thanthe compressor wheel. There are some issues there for sure. More.specifically the gtp 38 series. I dont see that being the batmos fault tho. Fwiw, the 38r is the smallest/cheapest turbo Id attempt this on. Although, I plan on running an atmosphere so the wheel isnt an issue really.

Buffalo444

Reaction score
Bill will have my batmowheel Monday and then as soon as full force gets him my injectors he is going to do before and after runs and I'm sure will post up any info y'all want good or bad... I want him to post up the results no matter what happens, if it works wonderful if it doesn't produce I will be the first one to say I guess I wasted my cash. But like Tycorr has said no reason to badmouth it with no concrete proof... The guy whom was going to teat it for mpd said he had HPOP problems and if he tested it with other issues it wouldn't put out accurate numbers so they didn't do it

not bad mouthing it, the stock 7.3 turbo just sucks. no way around the flaws in the CHRA and the rest. did your batmowheel and injectors show up yet?

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
NEED to see results from the batmowheel compared to stock. Before anyones OPINIONS will matter. And what I dont understand is...if one guys truck wasnt able to perform the nessessary tests with both wheels because of a lagging HPOP (which is understandable), then why dont they get someone else to do it unless the HPOP problem can be fixed fast? I doubt MPD would have a hard time finding another 7.3 (OBS and/or SD) to do these tests on...

Bigsexy

Reaction score
NEED to see results from the batmowheel compared to stock. Before anyones OPINIONS will matter. And what I dont understand is...if one guys truck wasnt able to perform the nessessary tests with both wheels because of a lagging HPOP (which is understandable), then why dont they get someone else to do it unless the HPOP problem can be fixed fast? I doubt MPD would have a hard time finding another 7.3 (OBS and/or SD) to do these tests on...

I'm with you on this one. My question is either way good or bad, don't they normally test or beta test a product before selling it to the public. Id think a dyno would be a good place to test it before releasing. I'm not sre how they usually handle it but that's how I would. Just to clarify I'm not dogging the product.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I'm with you on this one. My question is either way good or bad, don't they normally test or beta test a product before selling it to the public. Id think a dyno would be a good place to test it before releasing. I'm not sre how they usually handle it but that's how I would. Just to clarify I'm not dogging the product.

Yeah thats exacly how they are trying to do it. Just that they havent done it yet. We are all just waiting. lol

Latest posts

Members online