7.3 questions

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I thought they used AE and AF to eliminate cackle in the last 2 years.

From 2000-2003 the #8 injectors were an AE/AF injector...

There was a TSB to add them to the 99.5 as they came in for injector issues or noise issue.

Same reason why the hot side pipe has the insulation on it.

7.3 Whitey

Reaction score
Thought that's what this whole thing was about...stock injector codes. And I have heard that ao injectors have aa marked on them also. That's more of a grapevine thing though. Just curious if you wanted to school me on stock injectors.

Basically when I first posted: OBS trucks have singles and super duty trucks have splits.
I just needed to add the disclaimer of it being 49 state legal trucks.
50 state legal trucks (California) obs injectors are splits. I would say that Cali trucks are the exception not the rule.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Thought that's what this whole thing was about...stock injector codes. And I have heard that ao injectors have aa marked on them also. That's more of a grapevine thing though. Just curious if you wanted to school me on stock injectors.

Basically when I first posted: OBS trucks have singles and super duty trucks have splits.
50 state legal trucks (California) obs injectors are splits. I would say that Cali trucks are the exception not the rule.

You cant read can you?

Its ok... Lots of people cant.

Please read the VERY first post...

7.3 Whitey

Reaction score
Yes I can. And can you point out anything else I missed? Sorry to the OP for skipping over Cali trucks.
Holy crap. I guess i dont know a damn thing about a truck because I skipped a SMALL portion of trucks made. Phuck, let me make sure I have a diesel truck!!
And BTW, I pointed out we were talking about stock because out of nowhere you said you had all kinds mixed. They aren't stock!!! No sh** you can mix em when they're all aftermarket...
And to the OP, sorry for the derail.

TyCorr

Reaction score

You'd be exceptionally horrible at the R&C section of aptitude testing. Quit tripping over your dick and read. Less speak and more read....

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yes I can. And can you point out anything else I missed? Sorry to the OP for skipping over Cali trucks.
Holy crap. I guess i dont know a damn thing about a truck because I skipped a SMALL portion of trucks made. Phuck, let me make sure I have a diesel truck!!
And BTW, I pointed out we were talking about stock because out of nowhere you said you had all kinds mixed. They aren't stock!!! No sh** you can mix em when they're all aftermarket...
And to the OP, sorry for the derail.

You missed it all.

Being a spaz is not the answer. If you'd take Joes advice and read what he posted, you would know. Joe is being helpful and somewhat nice. Relax.

His comment about the code stamped on the head of the solenoid was more information to utilize not anything to prompt your anger. If thats how you took it then you really dont.have a clue. The OP brought up a 200/200 as an example. Joes comment about solenoid codes meaning jack was pertinent if for.no other reason, a set of 200/200(or any size) could be made from 8 different injectors. Im reading this laughing because you say something incorrect then get mad at him for providing correct info. What do you want people to do lie?

Coming in, post whoring, and being flashy doesnt make you anybody around here.

7.3 Whitey

Reaction score
You missed it all.

Being a spaz is not the answer. If you'd take Joes advice and read what he posted, you would know. Joe is being helpful and somewhat nice. Relax.

His comment about the code stamped on the head of the solenoid was more information to utilize not anything to prompt your anger. If thats how you took it then you really dont.have a clue. The OP brought up a 200/200 as an example. Joes comment about solenoid codes meaning jack wasIm pertinent if for.no other reason, a set of 200/200(or any size) could be made from 8 different injectors. Im reading this laughing because you say something incorrect then get mad at him for providing correct info. What do you want people to do lie?

Coming in, post whoring, and being flashy doesnt make you anybody around here.

I posted about stock injectors missed a small piece of info, and was told not to post. That's what set me off.
Of course with aftermarket injectors it doesn't matter. With stock it sure as hell does. That's pretty obvious to both of us, more of a smartass comment for him.

I'm not questioning Joe, or his knowledge. I look up posts from him for info. This had nothing to do with me. In fact he could have posted that small piece of info that was missed and let me be.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thing is YOU missed the info. I didnt read anything he missed or misrepresented.

End. Of. Story.

Really? Gotta comment on the solenoids AGAIN? I just explainec that AGAIN. My points stand.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I posted about stock injectors missed a small piece of info, and was told not to post. That's what set me off.
Of course with aftermarket injectors it doesn't matter. With stock it sure as hell does. That's pretty obvious to both of us, more of a smartass comment for him.

I'm not questioning Joe, or his knowledge. I look up posts from him for info. This had nothing to do with me. In fact he could have posted that small piece of info that was missed and let me be.

Its not a small bit of info... Its a constant vomit of things you have read, watched on Youtube or read about in Diesel Power Mag...

Have you even changed the oil on your 7.3?

7.3 Whitey

Reaction score
Its not a small bit of info... Its a constant vomit of things you have read, watched on Youtube or read about in Diesel Power Mag...

Have you even changed the oil on your 7.3?

Yes.

Vomit, and diesel power mag are one and the same to me.
And listening to someone on YouTube about your truck is equivalent to listening to your brother's coworker's cousin's girlfriend's dad.

Last edited:

Arisley

Reaction score
Could you not take the solenoid off of any injector and throw it on any injector. That's the reason I would not trust the marking on any injector unless it was bought new. Stock or aftermarket.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Could you not take the solenoid off of any injector and throw it on any injector. That's the reason I would not trust the marking on any injector unless it was bought new. Stock or aftermarket.

Exactly. They measure everything and replace stuff thats opened up too much from wear. Then bolt it back together. Really doesnt mean anything.

Arisley

Reaction score
I know I had two injectors dead on my truck. A friend sold me two stock injectors cheap. They were early '99 injectors, but the solenoids were from different injectors.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
A 200/200 injector would be capable of 200cc per 1000 shots. The nozzle is 200% larger then the stock nozzle.

The injectors are the same as far as a modified injector, however most 94.5 to 97 truck came with AA or AO injectors (90cc per 1000) which were single shots. Quite a few 96 and 97 trucks came with AB injectors (120cc per 1000) which were split shots.

Superdutys came with AB (E99) and AD injectors (140cc per 1000 shots 99.5-2003)

Please dont post things you do not understand, or even give out the proper information...

ok before we get to the solenoids and split vs single shot let me ask this

sorry i know its probably a stupid question when you say per 1000 shots, so in my head i have the concept (yes i know its not the same) as a cummins manual pump you can turn them up to flow a certain amount of cc's, so the 7.3 injectors when its talking about cc's it just means i will flow that many cc's per 1000 shots(i imagine you can convert it to a flow rate?) so i grasp that

as far as split vs single, would that be a tuning or computer swap to make the switch between a single and split? or is it just mechanical. also the physical size of the injectors are the same correct? its the difference between the solenoid which changes the split vs single?

Arisley

Reaction score
ok before we get to the solenoids and split vs single shot let me ask this

sorry i know its probably a stupid question when you say per 1000 shots, so in my head i have the concept (yes i know its not the same) as a cummins manual pump you can turn them up to flow a certain amount of cc's, so the 7.3 injectors when its talking about cc's it just means i will flow that many cc's per 1000 shots(i imagine you can convert it to a flow rate?) so i grasp that

That is the rate they are capable of flowing. You change fuel per injection event with more or less high pressure oil, and how long the injector is turned on by the IDM. Remember the HEUI injector is a hydraulic pump.

as far as split vs single, would that be a tuning or computer swap to make the switch between a single and split? or is it just mechanical. also the physical size of the injectors are the same correct? its the difference between the solenoid which changes the split vs single?

The single vs. the split is purely a mechanical difference in the injector. They are all the same physical dimensions. Yes, you should get different tuning for singles vs. split, but the truck will run fine without it, it will just idle rough. The solenoids are exactly the same for all injectors, it is a simple electro magnet.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
got it, so which ones tends to idle ruff, also what would be the point of going with a smaller cc? i see they cost prety much the same so why not just go all out? i guess the pulse would have to be so short when ideling with the larger cc's that it would run like chit?

Arisley

Reaction score
No, when you get aftermarket injectors, get hybrids, they are single shots. You get your truck tuned for hybrids and they run smooth. Just because they can flow that much, does not mean they have to flow that much. The tuner can cut back on ICP (high pressure oil going to the injector) and cut back on fuel delivery.

Remember, the high pressure oil is being used has hydraulic fluid by the injector.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Boy, Im not sure I should even engage this debate about nozzle size but here is my understanding about them. If you want a nozzle for up to 450hp, use a 100% nozzle. Are there people.running long pw and making 500+hp smoky turds? Yes. From 450-600 use a 200% nozzle.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Boy, Im not sure I should even engage this debate about nozzle size but here is my understanding about them. If you want a nozzle for up to 450hp, use a 100% nozzle. Are there people.running long pw and making 500+hp smoky turds? Yes. From 450-600 use a 200% nozzle.

With a larger nozzle you can run shorter PW, which allows for a cleaner and sharper injection event.

A smaller nozzle requires a longer PW to make the same amount of power, meaning more smoke, more HPO use and more timing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.