7.3 with m444e injectors

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
Mercruiser made them. From what I researched on them. They are similar to the 444e but not exact. If your looking for more power and reliability from a bigger hp injector go with alliant power ac codes .. They are a 160/0 used in the high tq high hp 444e

In want that road 1... I'm a dealer for them and I got them cheap and 2.. If I'm ever on the road and one breaks.. You can go to any international dealer and get 1. Plus the warranty is easier to deal with then other inj builders.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
and Plus the warranty is easier to deal with then other inj builders.

That is simply not true. We have sold tons of these over the years. And when we have had issues it is simply faster/better for the customer for us to simply fix the issue out of our pocket than trying to deal with a warranty repair/replace. And yes brand new Allaint injectors can have issues, ask all the builders.

mandkole

Reaction score
Can I get away with stock hpop, tranny, turbo and php tunes on those 160's or do they need to be upped?

Keep in mind with 160s, you are increasing your power output by approx. 50% over stock. You can get by with many old stock parts, but you will not get away with an old trans for long. A chip will tear up an old auto trans. Provided that there is nothing wrong with it ,and has been well maintained, many have just used a good triple disk converter and valve body upgrade. If its tired, those parts wont save it.

A decent trans rebuild will be $3500 unless you have a good buddy in the business.

dmd

Reaction score
As for the exhaust, if you just replace the stock muffler with a good straight through
muffler you will get most all of what a 4-in will give you in your power range. Some
say that exhaust doesn't matter, in my case there was a very noticeable change
in power.

Reaction score
Mercruiser made them. From what I researched on them. They are similar to the 444e but not exact. If your looking for more power and reliability from a bigger hp injector go with alliant power ac codes .. They are a 160/0 used in the high tq high hp 444e

In want that road 1... I'm a dealer for them and I got them cheap and 2.. If I'm ever on the road and one breaks.. You can go to any international dealer and get 1. Plus the warranty is easier to deal with then other inj builders.

if i remember correctly the high TQ is still less HP the stock 7.3...our high TQ role back is only 195 hp but has plenty of TQ with the 6 speed spicer behind it...

Reaction score
My truck's an '01 with 244k km's (152.5k miles) on it. Only had it chipped for maybe 3k now. Previous just pulled his camper with it so the transmission should still be solid (feels solid). When you say 160cc injectors will get you 50% more power then stock injectors, are these numbers against the 215+/- rwhp it makes without tunes or the upward as 300+/- hp guys can do with tuning? Also, would the stock hpop have enough psi to run the 160's? From what i read I don't think I'd get anymore then what I currently have with the chip from the stock hpop.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
A healthy factory hpop would support 160cc injectors because they are single shots where stock injectors are split shots but if your hpop is weak you won't see the full potential of the injectors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
That is simply not true. We have sold tons of these over the years. And when we have had issues it is simply faster/better for the customer for us to simply fix the issue out of our pocket than trying to deal with a warranty repair/replace. And yes brand new Allaint injectors can have issues, ask all the builders.

I have yet to see a company other then Warren Just ship out a warranty inj.. All others you need to send them in.. Wait to hear back.. Next day air of your in a jam..Then half the time the. Failure is your fault not theirs . at least with alliant powers you can be up and running again in a day ..

I will not disclose this company but on of my customers got 160/30's 1 was stuck open over fueling smoking etc. ( had to mail it out.. He had to buy another one ) did not get reenbust the injectors were 5 months old.. 2k on them fresh oil change and fuel filters. 6 months after that New injector we got went bad.. He gave up sent them in as cores and bought some one else's. Burnt a hole in the top of the piston and cracked it.

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
Tim it's not a stab at you. I know your product is top notch.. I haven't dealt with you guys personally but I have customers and friend who have and it's nothing but good stories .. Aren't you guys in fl?

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Yes we are. Thanks for the kind words we work extra hard for that.

I'm really just curious how you can get Alliant to get you back running next day. We have to flow test every Allaint straight out of the box because of issues in the past. I did have a cistomer years ago complain about his from the moment he installed them. They chased everything else because he bought new so they couldn't be the problem. We had to send them to alliant for warranty. Took a week to get there, a week to get checked out and a week back. Alliant said no issue. We flowed them before they went back to the customer and they were all over the place. I sent the customer another set off the shelf and had to fix these myself. So Alliant, I have not had a good warranty experience with.

Over the years I found it easier and faster to fix the issues I find out of the box.

And on your other comment, we do get a lot of work from people that some still have existing warranties that get no help from the company that built them. It takes a lot of work to (in my mind) properly setup and remanufacture an injector. I do not believe in using the shims you can buy on eBay to "repair" an injector. Many people do not know this but a lot of companies use these in their "rebuilding" process.
It is cheaper and faster than what I feel is a necessary procedure. All I have ever seen this do is speed up delivery dates and increase profit margins.

Last edited:

mandkole

Reaction score
I do not believe in using the shims you can buy on eBay to "repair" an injector. Many people do not know this but a lot of companies use these in their "rebuilding" process.

how many of those do you see that have the backside of the solenoid hammered? Do you shave the armature or just throw away the valve body away if there's too much poppet seat recession?

Latest posts

Members online