700 hp goal build

m j

Reaction score
Not on fuel only though. I chat with Scott on a regular basis.

But yes, there have been some very nice improvements with the ole 7.3 in the past couple years. #beers

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

you do realize that nitrous is only burning the fuel that is present, and the fuel that gets burned is put there by the injector
so that leads to the injector being able to support that hp.

hucorey

Reaction score
Yes, I do realize that. As a P pumped 7.3 has no problem putting down 1700hp on fuel only. So...that leads to the question...why don't they actually put any serious HP without the NOS? As Ty mentioned, ONLY 1 person has ever made more than 1000hp on fuel only with a HEUI 7.3.

hucorey

Reaction score
I just literally messaged Scott and he's damn close to 1000hp on fuel only, but not quite.

hucorey

Reaction score
Yes you can. Ironically Scott has hit 6500 by accident. Truck I sponsored ran 5300. It did better at lower rpm though.

cbf9703

Reaction score
Yes you can. Ironically Scott has hit 6500 by accident. Truck I sponsored ran 5300. It did better at lower rpm though.

I've seen these trucks hang to 5800 on shifts going down the track, but not sustained... always been scared of those numbers.

We've definitely come a long way from RPM box days. Lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
Track times put zack pierce at 1000 on fuel. He had bigger injectors then Scott had and that extra fuel put him right over the mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emev0l

Reaction score
Does anyone have some info or a build thread on either of the close to or just over 1,000rwhp on fuel trucks?

ja_cain

Reaction score
So it's a 7.3 and it's real fast and makes a lot of power but nobody gets to know why, cool.

Secret squirrel chit right there. Lol! That unit was definitely bad azz. Haven't made it all the way through the thread. Anyone know who built his injectors?

Last edited:

emev0l

Reaction score
Secret squirrel chit right there. Lol!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sure looks that way, great truck.

Is there anyone out there that makes that kind of power that has something to share with the 7.3 community?

gwunter

Reaction score
I remember reading most of that thread. I think I remember him changing stuff like piston bowl design, injector spray angle, playing withe injection timing, porting, etc. But it's been a while since I read it. Kudos to him!!

Latest posts

Members online