86 F250 work truck LOL

genuineford

Reaction score
Nah the C6 will be fine for what I am doing. I want to plow snow with it and don't want to be shifting all the time. I take the SD when I want to get better fuel millage and comfort.

genuineford

Reaction score
Well now that the honeymoon is over I will have more time to work on this. I picked up a set of black steel rims for it for cheep that need a little paint. They have some worn out 285/75/16 BFG's on them. I threw them on the other day to see how they fit and looked on the truck. I think I will be getting 285's to put on it when I get my cash built back up. I also put my old tool box on it so I can throw a few things in there for the winter. As soon as I finish gathering up the rest of the parts I will be going rebuilding the front axle on the truck. All I need to get yet are the calipers and rotors. Here are some pictures and I will keep updating this.

Here are the current tires that are on it. 265/75/16's on stock steel wheels.

Here is the stance of the new wheels and tires.

Side view.

Crappy old tool box that will do the job for now.

genuineford

Reaction score
I am going to do some body work on it. I don't want it to rot away on me. It will not be show quality or anything like that but I want to get rid of the holes that are in it.

genuineford

Reaction score
Got a lot more done today. I have everything torn off for the most part. I got all but 2 bushings pushed out. After tearing it apart I realized I need a few more parts but nothing major. After seeing the bushing that were in there I have to say that it should ride and drive like a new truck when I am done with it. I have to work for the next 2 days so I will not be getting much done.

One side off.

Shackle bushing

Leaf spring bushing.

Before removing the other side.

All tore apart.

Pivot bushings out.

Spring bushing removed.

genuineford

Reaction score
The bushings were not too hard but they were definatly worn out.

I didn't add a photo of nothing under the front end of the truck.

genuineford

Reaction score
Pretty slow weekend working on the truck. I didn't get a chance to do anything to it until today. I got a few pieces sand blasted and painted. I picked out Rustolium hammered tone. I need to still take some stuff apart and blast and paint it.

genuineford

Reaction score
I finally got a decent amount of time to work on this today. I got all the bushings and ball joints taken out. Then all 4 leafs for the springs got sand blasted and painted. I also got one of the steering knuckles blasted and painted. All of the rest of the stuff I have to blast I can do in my blast cabinet so that will save some clean up time. The IFS arms will even fit in it.

genuineford

Reaction score
I was working on getting everything blasted so I can get it painted. I was getting pissed at the time it was taking for my air compressor to catch back up so I started looking at it as I never thought that it worked as good as it should have. I ended up finding that the head gasket is blown on it. So I am shut down again and waiting for parts. If the parts don't come this week I might go see if I can borrow my dads old air compressor just so I can get this done. I am getting close enough to being done that I can taste it and I need it finished up.

genuineford

Reaction score
Finally looks like I am making some progress on this. I got all the painting done but one piece and I will get that done tomorrow before work. Today I was able to get the springs mounted and the axle beams mounted up. I am going to work on it tomorrow before work so we will see what I get done.

Sorry webshots is not working properly so I will have to post up small thumbnails.

Latest posts

Members online