94-97 tuning thread.

purpleheart350

Reaction score
Ok so I have a TS 6 w/ stock, 60 dd, 80 extreme, high idle, smoke :doh: , and anit-theft. I would like to get it reburned to stock (even though it never sees the stock setting), 60 dd, 80 dd, something in the 100 hp, high idle, and anti theft. I dont tow very much so that aint an issue right now. Is having something in the 100's going to make a difference in my truck at all, I want some power when I want it but still have good mpg which is why I wanna change my 80 to a dd tune. So is there a big difference between 80 extreme and dd

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Ok so I have a TS 6 w/ stock, 60 dd, 80 extreme, high idle, smoke :doh: , and anit-theft. I would like to get it reburned to stock (even though it never sees the stock setting), 60 dd, 80 dd, something in the 100 hp, high idle, and anti theft. I dont tow very much so that aint an issue right now. Is having something in the 100's going to make a difference in my truck at all, I want some power when I want it but still have good mpg which is why I wanna change my 80 to a dd tune. So is there a big difference between 80 extreme and dd

If your going from the canned TS tunes to someones custom tunes (TW, PHP, DP, Beans, swamps etc...) Then yes you will notice a difference.

Going from the 80 to the 100 of the same tuner, very little difference with your stock injectors. Maybe no difference other than puff of black smoke

purpleheart350

Reaction score
If your going from the canned TS tunes to someones custom tunes (TW, PHP, DP, Beans, swamps etc...) Then yes you will notice a difference.

Going from the 80 to the 100 of the same tuner, very little difference with your stock injectors. Maybe no difference other than puff of black smoke

yea it already smokes too much as it is in the 80 extreme. so what would be a good tune then instead of the hundo? I am going to look at some tunes just not sure what else would be good.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
yea it already smokes too much as it is in the 80 extreme. so what would be a good tune then instead of the hundo? I am going to look at some tunes just not sure what else would be good.

You have stock injectors and it already smokes too much? I dont think ive ever been a round stock injectors that would do more than puff.

But who's tunes do you have now? If you dont have custom tunes, i would look into those

purpleheart350

Reaction score
You have stock injectors and it already smokes too much? I dont think ive ever been a round stock injectors that would do more than puff.

But who's tunes do you have now? If you dont have custom tunes, i would look into those

Not exactly sure, it might be canned TS tunes but I got it from KT Performance. Trust me its more than just a puff. When I get a good run it will smoke from the time I take off until I let go of the pedal.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Not exactly sure, it might be canned TS tunes but I got it from KT Performance. Trust me its more than just a puff. When I get a good run it will smoke from the time I take off until I let go of the pedal.

Something is wrong.

I have multiple trucks around me running stage 1s on the stock turbo... they will only smoke under like 10psi, once the turbo spools its a VERY faint haze.

Either youve got boost/exhaust leaks or youve got bad tuning

Clouse2411

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I called up PHP to talk to them about my lope tune not working. I got a very stupid answer and dont even understand it. They said its hard to write a tune for a lope tune. I could send the chip back atleast 15 times and have them burn a different one everytime and they couldnt garentte it to work. What gives with all the other tuners writing lope tunes that work the first time?

purpleheart350

Reaction score
it isnt to bad with my 60, it just in the 80 extreme, I will try to get a vid of it tomorrow on my way to school, I have plenty of straight shots to get a good vid

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I called up PHP to talk to them about my lope tune not working. I got a very stupid answer and dont even understand it. They said its hard to write a tune for a lope tune. I could send the chip back atleast 15 times and have them burn a different one everytime and they couldnt garentte it to work. What gives with all the other tuners writing lope tunes that work the first time?

Because they are correct. I've seen "lope tunes" from all the tuners that are either really lopey or just rougher then stock.

Clouse2411

Reaction score
I would love a lope tune that lopes like a 12v, where timming is the same as it revvs up. Something about a nasty 12v revving up makes me want one. hahaha

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online