not enoughsmoke

Reaction score
Sneak peak
IMG_117701909048308_zps0aee839f.jpg

IMG_117699036211694_zpsc6df605f.jpg

IMG_117695185359872_zpsf0975947.jpg

markfuga

Reaction score
Nice build to date, but that 4 link setup is scary looking; not at all how I would go about attaching to the frame. The frame mounts should be fabricated brackets that bolt to the frame, not welded to it. The way it's setup now, those welds are holding all the dynamic loads at the lowest point of the frame where they will fatigue and fail. That peice of square tubing appears to be 1/8" wall at best which is undersized for the task. Again, the design is poor and should not use square tubing at all. The welds are poor, very ropey, cold and apprear to have little penetration on the frame side of the joint. I seriously recommend cutting those brackets off amd starting over. I can't see enough detail of the axle brackets to comment, but the one weld I can see looks cold. Safety is paramount and the suspension of a vehicle should not be taken lighlty.

not enoughsmoke

Reaction score
Nice build to date, but that 4 link setup is scary looking; not at all how I would go about attaching to the frame. The frame mounts should be fabricated brackets that bolt to the frame, not welded to it. The way it's setup now, those welds are holding all the dynamic loads at the lowest point of the frame where they will fatigue and fail. That peice of square tubing appears to be 1/8" wall at best which is undersized for the task. Again, the design is poor and should not use square tubing at all. The welds are poor, very ropey, cold and apprear to have little penetration on the frame side of the joint. I seriously recommend cutting those brackets off amd starting over. I can't see enough detail of the axle brackets to comment, but the one weld I can see looks cold. Safety is paramount and the suspension of a vehicle should not be taken lighlty.

The four Link is being done by a professional and it's not even close to being done. He is putting more gussets and more bracing. I didn't want it bolted also have you ever looked at the four link setup on the front of a dodge it's all welded and a lot cheesy

OuchThatHurt

Reaction score
Brotha! just want to say thanks for all the pics and info you have been giving us. Been thinking about a cummins swap for years.... and your just making me want to do one more and more!

not enoughsmoke

Reaction score
more of a update got the truck home and for those people who say lifted trucks cant tow Suck it lol
I then pulled the bed and started cleaning the frame up
20141121_0702311_zps3bb0e7e9.jpg

20141119_2202431_zpsd86de997.jpg

20141119_2202541_zps00f9b4cf.jpg

20141119_2203411_zps53ff0629.jpg

20141119_2204121_zpsef5cb58e.jpg

20141119_2204291_zps33033935.jpg

20141128_1343301_zps23886bcc.jpg

20141128_1350551_zps023fb133.jpg

20141128_1351061_zps30122008.jpg

not enoughsmoke

Reaction score
Where's your trac bar on that rear axle?

The rear bars are triangulate so the guy that did the work for me doesn't think I will need it.
he did build it and give it to me. After installing it if it is at ride height is sits the axle straight if it's taller or shorter it pulls the axle one way or the other so I am gonna play some more with the design. Any suggestions?

08strokin

Reaction score
The rear bars are triangulate so the guy that did the work for me doesn't think I will need it.
he did build it and give it to me. After installing it if it is at ride height is sits the axle straight if it's taller or shorter it pulls the axle one way or the other so I am gonna play some more with the design. Any suggestions?

I don't believe there is enough triangulation there. I would definitely put one on just to be safe.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score

I don't believe there is enough triangulation there. I would definitely put one on just to be safe.

This ^

I noticed they had a "triangulation" to them but it doesn't look like enough to keep everything straight running down the road in my opinion. I really have no suggestions, nor am I a suspension guru, I think I could put together my own air ride with the bit I do know but I'm probably not the guy that should be giving others suggestions. LOL
I just noticed in one of your pictures that it looked like the base of one of the bags wasn't lined up with the top from a side to side view, might just be the picture to.
Also a triangulated suspension shouldn't move the axle from side to side when the ride height is changed, but a trac bar would move the axle from side to side when the ride height is changed (If I'm remembering things correctly).

Members online

No members online now.