97 7.3 is shutting down

farmin97psd

Reaction score
Truck is stalling out while under throttle, the wait to start light comes on then goes off, then truck comes back to life, any ideas?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
does it stall out or cut out? stall out means it kills the truck, or is it more of a stumble/hiccup and stays running. does it do it while cruising at idle, a set speed, wot, or just partial throttle?

live life full throttle

Binder man

Reaction score
EBP won't cause that. Is it starting back on its own it sounds like? We need some more info.

farmin97psd

Reaction score
Truck is cutting out under throttle, idles fine, just seems to do it while driving and yes it does start back on its own almost like it just comes back to life

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Cam sensor. I had the same happen in my father's obs. Full tilt boogy the.bamn nothing for a second, then rips right back into running again
sent while looking at a hole in my block

BlueBonnet

Reaction score
I just went through the same deal. Cutting out and running like crap in certain rpm ranges. Sometimes when throttling it would shut off, WTS came on and it would start up and keep rolling. I put a CPS from ford in it and it quit. Before the one from ford I put 6 from advance and it changed nothing every time. It didn't have any symptoms of a bad CPS and everyone I talked to thought I was crazy when I said I thought it was the CPS. Finally I put one in from ford and it fixed it.

Binder man

Reaction score
Will the truck crank and not start sometimes? If so does the tach move any while cranking in a no start situation?

Latest posts

Members online