Absolute Apex Manifold only

sootie

Reaction score
He has point.. 6.0 heads stink flow wise. If u wanna do it right than yes u have to port and polish the heads along with the Intake.. just because the Intake flows more doesn't mean the heads will magically start flowing more. You can port and polish as much as u want in the intake but at the end of the day it still has to go into the stock ports of the heads, which is a dead end so to speak.

I say all this, I have a fully ported intake, egr everything cut out and didn't notice jack except drop in egts. I'd say after doing the no limit intake- these two mods are similar gain wise(manifold a touch more drop in egts ).

the stock intake manifold does not outflow the heads-a ported one does. it also balances the airflow to each cylinder...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah that would be nice. Should help the motor live

and gains are all relative. on a 6.4 its pretty substantial in driving characteristics. when bft had high powers and the elite manifold on 37's , his felt just as strong as mine lowered with same setup and no manifold. quicker spool and lower egt as well .

lenzhotrod

Reaction score
Thanks for your time and effort, I've paid a lot more for worse results! Also the higher you get on your HP scale the smaller the returns of modifications.

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
Ok guys one last post, noticed about a 100* drop in egts while towing...Difference is the load I was towing, was about 6k heavier over my normal load egts before the manifold. With an unloaded trailer weighing 1700lbs egts were the same as when the truck was empty before.

f3502wd

Reaction score
Thanks for your time and effort, I've paid a lot more for worse results! Also the higher you get on your HP scale the smaller the returns of modifications.

How is that? More power, more air, more flow:shrug:

sootie

Reaction score
How is that? More power, more air, more flow:shrug:

what he means is the higher you get in HP, the harder more HP is to get. for example-throwing a tune on a truck is the easiest HP you will ever get. once you have done turbo, injectors, intake, exhaust, tune-when you try and squeak another 1 HP out of it, it is a lot of work.

f3502wd

Reaction score
what he means is the higher you get in HP, the harder more HP is to get. for example-throwing a tune on a truck is the easiest HP you will ever get. once you have done turbo, injectors, intake, exhaust, tune-when you try and squeak another 1 HP out of it, it is a lot of work.

Same goes for an intake though. If your running an aftermarket intake on a stock 6.0 your not going to get much, but if you switch from stock on a modded truck you would see a big gain. Just playing devils advocate thats all.

SleeperDuty

Reaction score

Could always go bigger with those two

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
The more air you flow through the stock intercooler, manifold, head the bigger the restriction they become plain and simple.

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
not sure what you are getting at. im a firm believer in ported intake manifolds as you can tell.

all im saying is when you are topping out a platform for power, doller per HP gain is much more extreme.

Buellstunter

Reaction score
Been reading the intake threads and looking at pictures of the intakes. I got a question regarding the mounting bolts on the ported intakes. What grade and type of bolts are being used? Has anyone heard of a bolt head breaking off and going into the motor?

Latest posts

Members online