Absolute Performance 6.0 Delta kit and Coolant Filter setup

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Soon Chris. Jason and I are working on getting everything machined and finalized at the moment. Can't say for sure but there will probably be a pre-order/group buy deal, first batch. We'll keep everybody in the loop as it gets closer

Rob D

Reaction score
Looks like Garett went over the turbo - others go around the front of the engine and back up. I am guessing that helps with heat but over the turbo looks like a cleaner install. Not worried at all about the heat off the turbo?

strokin6L

Reaction score
I personally would rather route the coolant hose from the oil cooler around the front of the turbo, under the intake and to the degas. Shorter route and you won't see it as bad.

Rob D

Reaction score
Ya I was exploring options tonight on my truck. I have the turbo/pedestal and manifold off still. Hard to tell exactly what length I will need. Is it tough to get those hose and tighten the worm on the cooler with the pedestal and manifold on? I was originally thinking to install it with everything out of the way but for said reasons above I think I will put everything back on first to make sure I leave enough slack.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Rob. Sorry about not responding to your pm. I'll get Jason to chime in here since he did all the labor.

G Racing

Reaction score
Rob. Sorry about not responding to your pm. I'll get Jason to chime in here since he did all the labor.

The hose from the coolant filter and the hose from the oil cooler will go to the heater core return line under the degas tank. The other hose for the coolant filter will go in the heater core inlet hose. The new fitting helps to install the delta kit hose and keeps it away from the heat of the turbo.

imelmo

Reaction score
Stupid deltas from dumb non-working delta kit at 80mph, about 20 minutes of driving, about 60* outside:

530F382C-0B67-4887-BB97-63BB19C70B40_zpsu9xormrv.jpg

imelmo

Reaction score
awesome deltas. toasty egts for just cruising, no?

Yeah, I believe it has some boost/exhaust leaks I can't seem to find. It's going to Truck Source Diesel in a few weeks to have a bunch of stuff done so I'm sure they'll figure it out. :D

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Just a heads up, thanks to Jason at Gardner Racing we should have the new billet oil cooler fittings in stock ready for orders in a week or two

imelmo

Reaction score
Just getting everything working correctly. It has a lot of little issues, also needs the headstuds redone, and then some tuning love.

Rob D

Reaction score
The hose from the coolant filter and the hose from the oil cooler will go to the heater core return line under the degas tank. The other hose for the coolant filter will go in the heater core inlet hose. The new fitting helps to install the delta kit hose and keeps it away from the heat of the turbo.

No problem Garrett

Jason / Danny - New fitting would be nice to have but Steve didn't have any left and my truck has already been down for almost 3 weeks waiting on parts etc. so I want to get it back together this weekend. How much of a pinta would it be to get the hose on the cooler and tighten the worm without the new revised fitting? I would just cut at tee after the fact to get the proper length - but I like how Steve already has the clamps preinstalled there and would like to keep it clean like that.

G Racing

Reaction score
The hose end at the cooler or the new fitting will require a hose clamp. It's probably easier to get it on the cooler with the pedestal out, but can be done either way. The new fitting makes hose routing and installation a lot easier with the pedestal, intake and turbo installed.

Rob D

Reaction score
Yea I am leaning towards installing the hose on the cooler and once the turbo and manifold are back on figuring out the cleanest path to hide all the slack. Really do not want to fight trying to clamp on the cooler with all that in the way.

Is there anyway you kept the piece of hose you cut off and can measure it? If so the difference would be the remaining length of hose needed to route it the way you guys did and I would be able to pre-cut mine to length. If not and I end up attempting the path Jason and Garrett took in front of the turbo I will take a measurement of the hose and post it up so the next guy doesn't have to worry about it if they are installing while everything is off the top end like I am. Thanks guys.

protronics00

Reaction score
Thanks Steve for hooking me up with your EGR Delete, Coolant Filter, and Delta Kit. Your products are top notch, quality is second to none. Looking forward to that billet oil cooler fitting, put me down for one when they are ready.

Latest posts

Members online