Absolute Performance 6.0 Delta kit and Coolant Filter setup

imelmo

Reaction score
Just to clarify, since I've taken Merle off the front of the truck my deltas and temps are even better. Apparently he was taking up more air space than I thought, lol. Cruising at 80ish mph in ZMBYKLR, my temps are about 192*. And by temps, I mean the coolant and oil temps are usually the same or sometimes the oil is a degree cooler.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Can someone Tell me why this is beneficial versus the stock setup? Why didnt the factory do this to begin with? Does it alter the flow path?

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Can someone Tell me why this is beneficial versus the stock setup? Why didnt the factory do this to begin with? Does it alter the flow path?

It is extremely simple if you think about it. The oil cooler coolant outlet used to flow to the egr cooler. Now it is rerouted to the heater hose where it has a far less restricted flow path.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
So it doesnt interfere with the normal oil cooler flow? Also this pretty much deletes the EGR delete setups right?

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
/\ Just found the thread under Absolutes forum...

I have a question though... If you're having high deltas and you have a new cooler right... Then why is it when you go to this kit your deltas go wAY down? If the oil cooler isn't clogged then there is a bottle neck somewhere else, right?

You will say yeah, the coolant isnt leaving the oil cooler fast enough/efficiently. With that said then why do I have a decently low delta at around 7deg? There isnt a bottle neck in my coolant system, at least that would leave me to believe there isn't.

Not pushing buttons here, just confused on that part.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Steve can you pm a price on the new delta piece

Hey Steve I'm ready for that kit. PM me when you get a chance sir.

Steve I think a delta kit would be a great addition for me, PM when you get a chance.

Whats the word on the fittings? are we getting closer to having them ready for sale?

If I missed your guys posts, I apologize. Everybody should have a PM.

Fittings *should* be ready next week. I'll release pricing and options some time this week. I may do a introductory group sale on them, still haven't decided. Regardless, stay tuned!

bootcamp

Reaction score
Thanks for the words fellas! I put a lot of time into the coolant filter kits and I'm super glad that people are happy with them. As always, Garrett's truck makes our stuff look right at home under the hood :)

I'll let Danny comment on this^^ lol

Also want to give a huge shout out to Jason (G Racing) at Gardner Racing for knocking out some very trick, custom billet oil cooler fittings for our delta kit:
6a2yhyze.jpg

Look for these available here very, very soon!

Thanks again, Jason...... And Garrett for handing Jason tools lol
Does anyone know where Steve is, trying to find out the eta on these fittings. He hasn't been responding to txt or PM's. It might just be me, he isn't responding to cause I have been pestering the crap out of him over this oil cooler fitting.

boboznutz

Reaction score
Does anyone know where Steve is, trying to find out the eta on these fittings. He hasn't been responding to txt or PM's. It might just be me, he isn't responding to cause I have been pestering the crap out of him over this oil cooler fitting.

This is a great question... I have messaged, emailed, facebook messaged, and left a voicemail for him.

All I need to know is if the delta kit works on a stock truck with egr system intact, wish he would respond!!!!!

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Sorry about the lack of response fellas. It's been hectic and I am trying to get to everybody as soon as possible.

The kit doesn't work with a stock truck. The cooler would need to be modified and/or removed for it to work.

Pre-orders are shipping out today!

Latest posts

Members online