Air deflector thingy..

6speedsd

Reaction score
Y'all know what I'm talking about...whatever the technical name is. That obnoxious shroud piece between the fan and radiator that's in the way of damn near everything. I know it was designed and engineered for a particular reason, but is that reason beneficial enough to keep the thing on the truck? I have the truck apart now, with all that off to replace a water pump, among other things. What will it hurt to toss is to the side of the garage and make life a little easier under the hood, considering how much time us 6.0 owners spend there. I mean if it really is beneficial to have it on the truck, I'll put it back on. But if people leave it off all the time with no negative effects, then sign me up as part of the crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radio

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. I'm due for a new belt so I'll be pulling that piece off again.

acf6

Reaction score
I didnt even know they had one til I saw a post a few weeks ago lol...mine hasnt had one since I bought it last feb and I haven't seen any problems...

GFDtech

Reaction score
This part ? It's the fan stator
ezegy7ev.jpg

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
I take them off of trucks I put compounds on and it doesnt cause any problems that I know of.

Edit: only the part that bolts to the motor dont take off the part that bolts to the radiator

6speedsd

Reaction score
Yea the stator. Knew it had a technical name, just kept drawing blanks last night.

No the shroud against the radiator will stay. What about the 2 studs that bolt the bottom of the stator to the motor? I noticed they had quite a bit of loctite on them...they don't go into a water passage or anything do they? Didn't want to leave those off if they were plugging a port or something along those lines.

GFDtech

Reaction score
No just the block ! How you going to support the fan wiring is your next question.

GFDtech

Reaction score
Never done it but just got the cab down on the one I'm working on and that should work.

Latest posts

Members online