Air filter help (big power)

HOSS-06

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Looking for feedback on what you guys use for high flow air filters. At the moment I have a AFE system but it does not flow enough air. Pics would be great if you have them.

Thanks guys.

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
What do you have done? Unless you got a massive yirob and quad cocaine injection then an aeg intake will do just fine. Still drunk from family holiday so if my spelling isn't the best the. Trig will know why.

kdogg85

Reaction score
Don't know your definition of big power, but my wife's truck has an afe pro guard 5. Hasn't choked out yet. The setup is just an elbow with the filter on it.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
What do you have done? Unless you got a massive yirob and quad cocaine injection then an aeg intake will do just fine. Still drunk from family holiday so if my spelling isn't the best the. Trig will know why.

LOL. Quad cocaine injection. Classic!!

I am pretty sure the after market stuff flows a lot. I have a S&B but I don't have the big power.

Big&dirty

Reaction score
Who makes quad cocaine injection for the 6.0 my truck would love that so would my track time lmfao

peixinho

Reaction score
No intake in the world is gonna make big power.

I am still running the stock dirty air filter making around 600hp

HOSS-06

Reaction score
Haha that's awesome!

Well I have 350/150 injectors, dual oil, Ported heads, ported intake manifold, 404 lift cam, shorty style header, ext. ext.. The turbo is about equivalent to a 73mm single. custom made. should flow just under 1600cfm that's the math not sure what the actual is.
All I know is at about 3/4 throttle it has to much vacuum and actually suck the factory filter minder in about 60 percent! this also causing me to pull oil through the turbo seal.

I say big power without numbers because I'm not one to toot my own horn, I'll only say an actual number after I run it on the Dino. Until then use your intuition ;-)

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Haha that's awesome!

Well I have 350/150 injectors, dual oil, Ported heads, ported intake manifold, 404 lift cam, shorty style header, ext. ext.. The turbo is about equivalent to a 73mm single. custom made. should flow just under 1600cfm that's the math not sure what the actual is.
All I know is at about 3/4 throttle it has to much vacuum and actually suck the factory filter minder in about 60 percent! this also causing me to pull oil through the turbo seal.

I say big power without numbers because I'm not one to toot my own horn, I'll only say an actual number after I run it on the Dino. Until then use your intuition ;-)

Equivalent to a 73 as in 73mm inducer? S300 or s400 base? Standard or race cover? Helps to know a little info

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Need a big AFE filter

4e6yga5a.jpg
ubutanap.jpg

Hellen Keller sent this?

HOSS-06

Reaction score
What intake are you currently running with a 5" compressor inlet?

Right now its an AFE filter and housing with a custom 5" pipe to connect to turbo. And like stated its not working properly..

Thanks guys for the feedback and some pics , right direction. Have to rectify it sooner then later.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Need a big AFE filter

4e6yga5a.jpg
ubutanap.jpg

Hellen Keller sent this?

Know the pn for that? Wouldn't mind switching to that filter.

Right now its an AFE filter and housing with a custom 5" pipe to connect to turbo. And like stated its not working properly..

Thanks guys for the feedback and some pics , right direction. Have to rectify it sooner then later.

Get in touch with Matt a Cutting-Edge for a custom stainess intake like Greg has. I run one also, super nice piece.

HOSS-06

Reaction score
Know the pn for that? Wouldn't mind switching to that filter.

Get in touch with Matt a Cutting-Edge for a custom stainess intake like Greg has. I run one also, super nice piece.

How does he do that without having the turbo and pedestal to match up to?

This is a early pic of it.
993451_10151819502220849_276021105_n.jpg

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Get a larger air filter like the one in the above post. AFE makes a Pro Guard 5 that is huge. If you have the room for a larger filter, get the largest one that you can fit and you should be good to go.

Latest posts

Members online