Airplane project inside

Snake

Reaction score
I have to give you props (pun intended again).

I started typing a big azz post with all the reasons why this wouldn't work, paused, considered the source, let out a "moooootherfugggggggger" and started laughing.

kevin

Reaction score
Ok guys, I've been taking an interest in flying lately and I really want to build a plane. I see they have a lot of kits out that don't look to terribly bad and labor intensive. Just looking for some pointers or advice from anybody with experience or info. Just looking for a cruiser to enjoy on the weekend. Engine specs I'm not 100% firm on but I was highly considering dropping a 7.3 into it to be different. Could be a cool project. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks fellas

The look on your face when the cps fails would be pricelessLOL

JDub

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one's suggested putting a 6.0 in there.

Plane with a diesel would be heavy enough, no way you could make enough power to support the extra weight of the 55-gallon drum of coolant you'd need to carry with you everywhere you go.

Charles

Reaction score
An engine like a 7.3 wouldn't make a good fit, but a diesel plane is not absurd in the least.

http://www.deltahawkengines.com/

Now if blown big block chevies were the norm for a Cessna, then it would be a completely different story for a 7.3.

Last edited:

Zmann

Reaction score
300px-DiamondDA-42TwinStarN131TSThielertEngineDetail.jpg

Thielert Centurion aircraft diesel engine.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.