Alradco Intercooler Testing!

madman1234509

Reaction score
I'd definitely take up Peters offer on the sensors, if you have the time. Its data and proven results like this that sell products. I wish it happened with more of the stuff we bought for our trucks. Unfortunately most other performance mods aren't quite as easy to change as the cooler.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
air temps entering and exiting the ic would be a big stat. Great testing JD, I am sure Peter is all smiles right now. Congrats bud. Ohh you missed a fire show a month ago. LOL

jdgleason

Reaction score
what was the difference in DA from the stock to alradco passes ?

I checked DA right when I swapped the IC, and all of my runs were within 2 hours or so of each other, so DA shouldn't have varied a whole lot.

Damn JD, hell of a job of testing and posting data! I can send you some modules and sensors if you want to log air temp going in and coming out of the intercooler.

Also, did you see much of an increase in coolant temps? We worked hard to come up with a design that not only performs well but doesn't hurt the cooling system of the truck. Thanks for the data and feedback!

For those interested, we will be having a BIG Black Friday sale on these. Details will be up tomorrow.

Peter

Well hell lol wish I'd have thought to ask you! But sure, let's get together and I'll do some more testing with that no problem! Thanks for all he help!

As far as coolant temps go - neither coolant nor oil changed at all.

Im pretty sure the 6.4 cooling system efficient enough not to be affected. that being said , anytime you mention big and black in the same sentence you get my attention .

LOL :whs:

jdgleason

Reaction score
I'd definitely take up Peters offer on the sensors, if you have the time. Its data and proven results like this that sell products. I wish it happened with more of the stuff we bought for our trucks. Unfortunately most other performance mods aren't quite as easy to change as the cooler.

I plan to take him up on that! I agree though... Not a ton of good data on most things for our trucks.

air temps entering and exiting the ic would be a big stat. Great testing JD, I am sure Peter is all smiles right now. Congrats bud. Ohh you missed a fire show a month ago. LOL

Coming soon sounds like lol.

Sounds like one of those things I'm not too sad I missed out on! Hope it's back together quick buddy

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
Do you have any intentions to get with the other intercooler manufacturers to do some back to back testing with their products vs the competitions?

It would be a fair assumption that you could be considered a unbiased third party, and being able to lay your hands on both your truck, which could be considered moderately to heavily modified, and Justin's which could be considered stock, or at least as close to stock as a person looking for a intercooler would have their truck, puts you in a rather unique position as a tester.

Just thinking out loud.

I don't think someone would have to twist your arm to far to get you to HAVE to go to the track. Lol. O darn, I gotta go race my truck. Lol.

BigPSD

Reaction score
Thanks for the testing! That intercooler will for sure be on the list in for the future! Just putting in my Alradco Rad now.

You guys need to check out Alradco's Instagram page. Some pretty sexy 6.4s on there... Its funny how an intercooler behind a full front end make a truck look so much meaner...

Peter, ever thought of putting Alradco across the front to show off the name like some of your competitors?

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Great testing JD! This makes me even happier that I got one of these on my truck! It really is a beautiful piece. I know that my temps drop faster after a high boost/load situation than with my stocker.

alradco

Reaction score
Thanks for the testing! That intercooler will for sure be on the list in for the future! Just putting in my Alradco Rad now.

You guys need to check out Alradco's Instagram page. Some pretty sexy 6.4s on there... Its funny how an intercooler behind a full front end make a truck look so much meaner...

Peter, ever thought of putting Alradco across the front to show off the name like some of your competitors?

We've discussed it here before and it would be cool especially since we have a pretty nice logo but if someone didn't want it it would be tough to remove. I go back and forth on the idea.

Great testing JD! This makes me even happier that I got one of these on my truck! It really is a beautiful piece. I know that my temps drop faster after a high boost/load situation than with my stocker.

You've put up some great towing info in the past as well.

Instagram pictures are sweet and
That Chrome powder is bling.

Thanks, our customers have some pretty sweet trucks. The chrome IC is :cool: and is on black Friday special too :D

JD, I'll message you about those sensors. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Love the radiator IC is on the list, just not on top but o I wish it was.

08CCSB -Rudy's delete, studs, Afe-cai, 5"MBRP, black max, 4"revtek, PMF
F/F T-bars

f3502wd

Reaction score
Hmm I would love to see one in chrome with the black letters behind the grille of my truck! Def have some nice trucks on IG but no 04-07s:D

20141118_155500.jpg

Last edited:

jdgleason

Reaction score
Seems to read about 12% lower than any dynojet around here. Justin's truck usually makes 680-690 on 3 different dynojets around here, and previously, his best pull on that dyno was 628.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.