American Force polish or PVD??

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
All this is true. But no matter how much u polish the polished wheels I don't think they shine quite like a nice chrome wheel. Each finish has its ups and downs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHY NOT

Reaction score
What did you use to polish them and how long did it take you to achieve that on the rim on the right? I don't plan on using them during the winter (would use my current Fuels as a winter set) so shouldn't have a SUPER amount of work to do polishing. Did you not polish them at all during the winter?

I use this kit, it works great. https://www.zephyrpro40.com/s2/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=542

I polish the wheels ever 5K miles when I rotate them. Sometimes they are worse than others, but that time there it was the whole winter w/o polishing them. I try to use some wheel protectant on them I like the poor boys world wheel sealant, but I don't keep up with it as often as I should.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
All this is true. But no matter how much u polish the polished wheels I don't think they shine quite like a nice chrome wheel. Each finish has its ups and downs

I will have to disagree with that, although it takes ALOT of work to get them that perfect up close but it can be done.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Polished and clear coated...you get the good look and none of the hard work.
Every high end billet wheel company out there offers a clear coat, I'd be really surprised if AF didn't.

JColeman7827

Reaction score
AF does offer cleared wheels. It takes all the hassle of polishing away but they don't have quite the shine of a non cleared one.

You have to pick your poison really lol. I've just gone to using colored wheels so you just have to wash them.

swinky

Reaction score
It's the type of shine you get with aluminum. It's just a deep classy shine. Chrome is shiny but it's just cheap looking most of the time. Think about a bunch of chrome parts under your hood.... it's just not going to look good.

I am EXTREMELY old school with wheel finishes though. I've been polishing my dads welds since I was like 6. Nothing beats the satisfaction after a good wheel polishing session.

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I don't think you'll go wrong with either one & it's a matter of personal choice & how much time effort you have or want to spend in upkeep,but either way their AF's & will look killer,good luck.

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
I had chrome bmf novakanes and switched to polished American forces and now just got a set of welds as well. The chrome was easy to make shine bit I never ran them in the winter. The American forces I polished last winter and did 2 coats of the wheel sealant Matt mentioned and never polished them again all year. Just washed them and wiped down with a quick detailer.
d79dcc37cd0eb8fca29ca5938806ac56.jpg

Here is some freshly polished welds I have as well.
23c6960b4aa9063da76be824ae3da99d.jpg

Latest posts

Members online