Another 6.4 down.

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
It's also blue smoking a little bit to but I think that's due to my hp turbo going bad about the same time this all happened.

golfer

Reaction score
unfortunately...it sounds wayyy more internal than an injector nozzle.

a nozzle hung open would be abso-fricken-lutely be blowing a *** ton of white smoke out the exhaust...and the knock would be much more sharp sounding.

that's a deep/clunking sound...if I was guessing, & knowing it's a 6.4L...it's likely the small end of the rod is clapped out.

golfer

Reaction score
So I should take it back to the dealer I bought the motor from?

The issue is they basically told me to pound sand about it.

..if your modifications in your sig are on the FoMoCo short block....there's not going to be a warranty...hopefully this isn't a surprise.

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
Yea I was expecting that although I knew the modifications wearnt the cause of this failure I was going to return the truck to stock before it went back to avoid the issue.

sootie

Reaction score
ford doesnt pay labour if they dont install the part typically. unless you have an account and buy a sh!tload of parts a month.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Good luck getting paid labour but they better warranty that motor! I would fight it tooth and nail till i got it taken care of.

78f100

Reaction score
Will they pay labor on somthing like this?

They tell me they will, thankfully I haven't had to warranty a engine yet. I will tell you when I built my motor I bought a short block from them, then swapped pistons, cam, and studded it. After it was all done I figured out my block was cracked where the stud went like several 6.4s have done. My parts manager told me he would get me another , even after I told him I swapped pistons and cam. I didn't take him up on it as I fixed it with thread sealer and never expected the motor to last this long. On a side note he was in the truck with me on the first pass the new engine made at the track...lol.

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
They tell me they will, thankfully I haven't had to warranty a engine yet. I will tell you when I built my motor I bought a short block from them, then swapped pistons, cam, and studded it. After it was all done I figured out my block was cracked where the stud went like several 6.4s have done. My parts manager told me he would get me another , even after I told him I swapped pistons and cam. I didn't take him up on it as I fixed it with thread sealer and never expected the motor to last this long. On a side note he was in the truck with me on the first pass the new engine made at the track...lol.

I figure there warranty rates will be lower than normal but I feel like they are responsible for a motor with 269 miles on it. But we will see how it plays out.

78f100

Reaction score
I'm trying to load a video of a broke rocker I'm working on now. It's not loading for me.

Latest posts

Members online