Another puke thread

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
If anybody needs some let me know. I've got several and they won't all get used, so I'd be happy to send some out if needed.

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
well Im dropping the truck off again tomorrow with the mechanic, hoping he is willing to redo the hg's without additional costs, I'll keep yall updated

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Ok the hg's are getting re-done free of charge (finally) definitely getting them magnafluxed this time anything else I should do differently so I dont go through this mess again?

Chris

Reaction score
take them to duffin engine. no matter what he says, checks out, tells you is good or no good, pick them up and take them to duffin. Tell Russell or Bob you want the treatment Truck Source uses on their 6.0 heads. magnaflux, pressure and vacuum test, and surface. They have the correct machine that feeds slow and has the tooling to cut the correct surface. Also, use the ford gaskets, no black onyx nothing. also make sure he uses the new arp lube and torque to arps specs. he also needs to be cleaning the block sufficiently, paying careful attention to the fire ring area.

This is what it takes to have it done correctly. anything else and youll be doing it again.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Yes, make sure you machine them even if you buy new heads from Ford or anyone else for that matter.

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
take them to duffin engine. no matter what he says, checks out, tells you is good or no good, pick them up and take them to duffin. Tell Russell or Bob you want the treatment Truck Source uses on their 6.0 heads. magnaflux, pressure and vacuum test, and surface. They have the correct machine that feeds slow and has the tooling to cut the correct surface. Also, use the ford gaskets, no black onyx nothing. also make sure he uses the new arp lube and torque to arps specs. he also needs to be cleaning the block sufficiently, paying careful attention to the fire ring area.

This is what it takes to have it done correctly. anything else and youll be doing it again.

Thanks for the advice chris, the mechanic called me this morning and said both gaskets were blown, I called duffin machine and I'll be taking them over there, they also said to bring the old gaskets so they could see what's going on.

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Alright the machine shop called today and there were no cracks thank god, he did mill the heads and said they were a bit out of spec but not that bad. Now I'm just trying to make sure this doesn't happen again we replaced the fan clutch and the radiator as well because it was causing the overheat issue. Also found out that the hg's I used first time were black onyx not ford :doh: so I'm wondering if the overheating/ black onyx hg's could have caused them to go again.

Latest posts

Members online