Any 2wd trucks running 5.4 springs in their 99-07?

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Looking at it more, it doesn't look that bad really... If there was a 1/4 coil more cut off, it wouldn't be nearly as noticable.

RedSmokey

Reaction score
hmmmm. I might just go pick up some 6.4 springs and see for myself then LOL. I just want to make sure it is secure as I do want to get up to some higher speeds with this truck

Trapn 6.0

Reaction score
Rides a helluva lot better than stock. Feels like it absorbs the shock more vs making the truck feel like it has no shock absorbers on it. If you can imagine that.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
2012-03-15_10-42-29_147.jpg

2012-03-15_10-42-18_27.jpg

2012-03-15_10-42-00_360.jpg

2012-03-15_10-41-52_66.jpg

Took some referance pictures today. Hopefully the '12 setup is the same as 99-04.

Jeff

Reaction score
I know djm is pricey but why not do it the right way. That kit really dont give it the slammed look. Wish it did cause thats what I want for my truck. All that was done to my truck was 1 leaf taken outta the rear and the rest de arced. The front springs are stock I believe. I wanna do the 3/5 drop or maybe a 4 link air ride in the rear with djm's front dream beams. Heres a couple pics of what it looks like now.
100_0048.jpg

100_0047.jpg

000_1929.jpg

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I'm confused by your post Jeff. What exactly are we looking at in that picture? Are you running a or isDJM kit or is that stock with the leaves removed?

RedSmokey

Reaction score
I don't want a full 3" drop in the front is why i'm not going with DJM beams. I am going with the DJM drop in the rear though. I have a certain look I am after, and I think going that low will be to much for it. Worst case is I decide I want to go lower and buy the beams. And as stated, your truck is beautiful Jeff

Jeff

Reaction score
I don't want a full 3" drop in the front is why i'm not going with DJM beams. I am going with the DJM drop in the rear though. I have a certain look I am after, and I think going that low will be to much for it. Worst case is I decide I want to go lower and buy the beams. And as stated, your truck is beautiful Jeff

Thanks RedSmokey. Well if you do cut the springs let me know how it works out. I may have to go that route too cause I may not have enough clearance for djm's kit.
Jap, I just wanted to show him the stance of my truck with just the rear lowered to give him an idea.

Tug

Reaction score
Ok question, I have a 95 dually extended cab. I wanna drop it also.I'm just gonna do a flip kit on a rear axle and gasser springs on the front.....any idea what springs I should run on the front of it.....by the way great conversation

RedSmokey

Reaction score
Thanks RedSmokey. Well if you do cut the springs let me know how it works out. I may have to go that route too cause I may not have enough clearance for djm's kit.
Jap, I just wanted to show him the stance of my truck with just the rear lowered to give him an idea.

No problem, that is a clean regular cab short bed. I'm jealous LOL. And I will take pictures of everything I do when I go to do the springs.

Latest posts

Members online