ANYONE have good results from the Steed Speed Manifolds yet?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I will be on my way to Performance Diesel in about 10 minutes to see if we can find another tube.

e.nickkk

Reaction score
thats just a little to far to drive but if you need it I can ship one out in the am if it helps

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Ok so we got the ebp tube put on and took it for a ride. I am NOT IMPRESSED. I honestly am disappointed with the setup. On the street it just takes more pedal to do what it did before with the stock manifolds. We did not dyno yet but I can say what Mike D said as well, spool up is down as well as overall power. It is not as strong on the street forsure. We are not going to dyno today because the owner of Performance Diesel had plans and just had enough time to get my truck out of the shop after putting in the ebp tube.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
That's some interesting info I'll be curious to.see what the dyno says but if you can feel it then it's probably 10% or.better

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Like I said the power is just not there with these manifolds and up pipes. Feels like I switched to a lower tune to be honest although I haven't. Truck is noticeably slower no doubt.

great450

Reaction score
Since y'all were taking about temperature differences between the before and after dynos, maybe he was referring to be able to adjust for the temp difference on the after dyno. Instead of the mentioned "wait till the next morning when the temp is the same" idea.

Maybe i'm wrong, but that's what it looks like.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
You are 100 percent correct. I did not think you twist the numbers around, or where lying. I just wanted to know the type of dyno and can you make adjustments for weatheror ...

capt dong

Reaction score
this is not good news. wonder what the difference is with the trucks that claim more power, better spool, etc... unless people dont know better or its just false.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
this is not good news. wonder what the difference is with the trucks that claim more power, better spool, etc... unless people dont know better or its just false.

I'll take the latter. This is 2 back to back tests , even though e still hasn't dyno'd he said it was instantly obvious.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
which brings up the question....

when the steed speeds were first talked about, everyone raved about what leen has done on other platforms, and about his knowledge of, to lump it all together, "airflow".

so how does a guy with the credentials he supposedly has, make a product that falls this far short?

there were alot of "big name, highly knowledgeable" people/sponsers on this forum, who were syked about it, because they had heard he was making a manifold for the 6.4, which i think sold alot of these before there were actually "proven."

does anyone know where it went, or what went, wrong?? ya, ya ya, i get it, released before totally tested, we already accomplished that. im talking from a design standpoint. is the 2.5" outlet that big of a deal, or is there something else wrong with it?

leen, care to speculate on what you might/will change goin forward? or what you changed from the "original batch" to these, that you think is making the difference you feel is there?

and bigr, even though it lost power in the end, what did it do to the shape of your graph, out of curiousity. if you already posted, i apologize, but its somewhere in these 317 posts, and thats alot to try to sift through.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Not only that, but is it just the manifolds, or the up pipes, or both combined. Do the elite up pipes neck down from 2.5" at all? Anyone else have an uppipe witha different design made for these manifolds?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
which brings up the question....

when the steed speeds were first talked about, everyone raved about what leen has done on other platforms, and about his knowledge of, to lump it all together, "airflow".

so how does a guy with the credentials he supposedly has, make a product that falls this far short?

there were alot of "big name, highly knowledgeable" people/sponsers on this forum, who were syked about it, because they had heard he was making a manifold for the 6.4, which i think sold alot of these before there were actually "proven."

does anyone know where it went, or what went, wrong?? ya, ya ya, i get it, released before totally tested, we already accomplished that. im talking from a design standpoint. is the 2.5" outlet that big of a deal, or is there something else wrong with it?

leen, care to speculate on what you might/will change goin forward? or what you changed from the "original batch" to these, that you think is making the difference you feel is there?

and bigr, even though it lost power in the end, what did it do to the shape of your graph, out of curiousity. if you already posted, i apologize, but its somewhere in these 317 posts, and thats alot to try to sift through.

All it did to the graph was make it start later the graph was similar in.shape as far as how the power carried out... It just didn't make.power as soon in the curve

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.