ANYONE have good results from the Steed Speed Manifolds yet?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

If I'm understanding this correctly , this guy is saying the Dyno is/was manipulated to show numbers/losses which would imply fraud. Not only that, captain obvious has no clue that dynojet chassis Dyno's don't have that ability, like a superflow or mustang. On top of that he didn't read enough to figure out if it was an engine or chassis Dyno .. LOL

But he gained 20mpg from his testing.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
If I'm understanding this correctly , this guy is saying the Dyno is/was manipulated to show numbers/losses which would imply fraud. Not only that, captain obvious has no clue that dynojet chassis Dyno's don't have that ability, like a superflow or mustang. On top of that he didn't read enough to figure out if it was an engine or chassis Dyno .. LOL

Yuppers. I've read some pretty stellar posts from him. That one deserves respect on a special level lol

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
Since y'all were taking about temperature differences between the before and after dynos, maybe he was referring to be able to adjust for the temp difference on the after dyno. Instead of the mentioned "wait till the next morning when the temp is the same" idea.

Maybe i'm wrong, but that's what it looks like.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Since y'all were taking about temperature differences between the before and after dynos, maybe he was referring to be able to adjust for the temp difference on the after dyno. Instead of the mentioned "wait till the next morning when the temp is the same" idea.

Maybe i'm wrong, but that's what it looks like.

That's what built in correction factor does for you. My test was done SAE corrected.

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
That's what built in correction factor does for you. My test was done SAE corrected.

I thought he was talking about 08bigrigs after dyno, but he didn't quote so it leaves it open to interpretation.

If he its referring to your dyno test than that is a different story.

Back in my hole I go... LOL

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I thought he was talking about 08bigrigs after dyno, but he didn't quote so it leaves it open to interpretation.

If he its referring to your dyno test than that is a different story.

Back in my hole I go... LOL

I think the point is that he really shouldn't be even speaking on this subject because he is clearly far from an expert. Look at the data he's provided, "Truck feels good on the street".... Oh ok, I'll go off that then LOL

Jerry's test will be a good one to see. It'll have actual data gathered from equipment, not somebody's keister

great450

Reaction score

THANK TOU FOR TELLING ME WHAT TYPE OF DYNO YOU ARE USING. THE DYNO THAT I AM USE TO YOU CAN MAKE ADJUSTMENTS. BUT THAT'S ON REAL RACE ENGINES!

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that we had two guys working on this pretty much all day and at times had a third. Used the torch a few times to loosen some bolts up as well as cut off some bolt heads that rounded off. The driver side manifold and up pipe come out pretty easy once you get all the bolts out of the turbo. The pipe that also comes down the drivers side that hooked to the egr cooler has to come out the passenger side once you get the passenger side up pipe out. Passenger side up pipe slides out the bottom as well on the passenger side. When installing the new manifolds, you are going to want to put the manifolds up near the block first. On drivers side you want to slide the manifold past the place it bolts up to be able to fit the up pipe i. Yes it is that tight in there and you will not get it in without doing this. Also before you tighten the manifold check that your up pipe fits. Mine did not and was hitting on the firewall by about a half an inch. We had to take a sludge hammer and beat the cab in pretty much to get it to fit on the drivers side. Even doing that, I still have a pretty bad rub when the engine torques. It is really load in the cab when the pipe rubs. I will get some pictures today for you to see what I mean. This is not a job that can be done in your driveway on a weekend unless you have all the tools and machines that a shop would have. One example of this is the ac recovery machine to drain the ac lines.

Hopefully we can find a ebp tube today and get a dyno run.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
THANK TOU FOR TELLING ME WHAT TYPE OF DYNO YOU ARE USING. THE DYNO THAT I AM USE TO YOU CAN MAKE ADJUSTMENTS. BUT THAT'S ON REAL RACE ENGINES!

First you need to turn your caps lock off.

Second real.race engines should not need adjustments to.make power. Dyno jets have no adjustments, the power it was it is, no tweaking information to.get better numbers.

Jerry who's uppipes are you running

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Wonder why they hit the cab? That blows man but at least you got them on. I have an ebp tune sitting here but it does you no good lol. Keep us posted

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Just waiting on a call to see if I can get my hands on a ebp tube today.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
This will not work for me. The part that is broke is the tube that the ebp sensor is mounted in. The fitting broke. We will have it fixed either later today after the Packer game or tommarow if we cant find another ebp tube from another motor in the back. I want results just as bad as anyone right now.

BFT

Reaction score
The one in the EGR up-pipe? Why not just ditch that pipe and use the plate on the tube that branches off the passenger side up-pipe

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
No gate for the test, but the egr up pipe is not the problem. It is the very small pipe (about the size of a pencil) that has the broken fitting.

Latest posts

Members online