ANYONE have good results from the Steed Speed Manifolds yet?

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
2.5" opening. Not only do you lose velocity from the expansion, but you lose temp from the drop in pressure across the flange face so it a double hit.

Last edited:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
The problem is not the manifolds. It's the turbo. Different size up pipes for every different size turbo's openings. The manifolds will allways be in the same place but the turbo may not be, or different turbo height. The big problems lies in the up pipes.

Annnnnd you know this how??

e.nickkk

Reaction score
I have a question for Leen lets say everyone tests them and its a even powerloss across the board and they dont meet the power gain he states does he then refund everyones money. Lets say they make more power than what Leen states does he then raise the prices just throwing that out there.

I have a pair there not coming off unless there is huge loss over everyone that tested

Leen has answered every question I had to ask him I havent made it to the dyno to c if I lossed or gained power It does lower egts hands down

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The problem is not the manifolds. It's the turbo. Different size up pipes for every different size turbo's openings. The manifolds will allways be in the same place but the turbo may not be, or different turbo height. The big problems lies in the up pipes.

What are you talking about ? This about data , not cheer leading out purchases and padding ourselves on the back for making up pipes. If size is the issue according to you, why is the outlet 2.5" ? Let the professionals do the test then we'll know more.

Ps who says that there is it dead head'ing in the manifold itself ? Who knows?? My truck could be a fluke, never know. Please grace us with data not observation. There was a truck at fuel fest that has dyno'd over 600 , and should be at least at 600 all day long, he had them on and the truck made 540.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
What are you talking about ? This about data , not cheer leading out purchases and padding ourselves on the back for making up pipes. If size is the issue according to you, why is the outlet 2.5" ? Let the professionals do the test then we'll know more.

Ps who says that there is it dead head'ing in the manifold itself ? Who knows?? My truck could be a fluke, never know. Please grace us with data not observation.

What makes his banter so awesome is that Nathaniel built his up-pipes lol

B585Ford

Reaction score
You guys are welcome to make all the test suggestions you want, but in the end, those paying to have the tests will make the final call.

Yeah, and I do think we should be thankful for what we are getting...there are a lot of products that come to the market that never get dynoed to confirm the results so I am thankful for Elite for doing so much testing.

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
There is a lot of information here about the steed speeds, question....
what if this manifolds require additional tuning to make them work better over the 6.0 that are just bolt ons... could it be posible....

By all means i want them to work good so i can buy a set my self..

Thanks,

flame suit on....

Last edited:

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Elite is doing some testing this week it sounded like. Let's all hope they get some good numbers one way or another. Just want to see a good gain with a solid egt drop. Good luck Elite this week and please keep us posted.

steedspeed

Reaction score
Just had a customer call with some questions. He just installed the manifolds this weekend and has seen a noticeable gain in power with tires breaking loose where before they wouldn't. He has Elite up pipes without wastegate. He tells me he is about to take a trip of 700 miles so hopefully we get some mileage info too.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Yes I did, both sides were cut apart and modified to fit.

That is just so weird to me. Especially since your up-pipes fit on several different trucks and engines before they left to you. Maybe your manifolds were different lengths then the others or something.

Leen, I am super duper curious why you think the wastegates are ruining your manifolds? The testing being done by the people outside of elite is mostly weekend warrior guys who are doing several mods at one time. Pretty hard to say they work awesome when there is no constant in their experimenting. That's just me though.

steedspeed

Reaction score
Leen, I am super duper curious why you think the wastegates are ruining your manifolds? The testing being done by the people outside of elite is mostly weekend warrior guys who are doing several mods at one time. Pretty hard to say they work awesome when there is no constant in their experimenting. That's just me though.

Are the guys at MPD weekend warriors?

The gate is one of the variables that seems to be a common factor with trucks that don't perform well. It is also something that can be adjusted to completely change the way the truck spools. As it is the only piece of hardware aside from the VGT timing that can be changed then it gets my attention. If I do a test with the gate opening before the first turbo is fully spooled and then claim the manifolds are the problem am I right?

Latest posts

Members online