Anyone running a different S300 based turbo?

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
I'm running a 364.5 fmw on my 7.3. Spools fast. Great towing charger.
It's a 364.5/68/1.00 T4 s300. Phone works turbochargers. Talk to reed partridge. He can build you anything you want including a fmw 367. Prices are as good as anywhere.
What fuel do you have? Why the 68 wheel? Why not a little bigger?

Swaan

Reaction score
What fuel do you have? Why the 68 wheel? Why not a little bigger?

The fuel is in my sig. 175/80 pis injectors.

The wheel size in the turbine was chosen for spool. I wanted a fast spooling charger to clean up smoke between shifts as I'm running a zf5. I also tow a lot and wanted a charger that was happy at 1800-2000 rpm. It pulls good all the way to the governer too.

I've heard of guys running fmw62 s300 on there 7.3 with stock or stg1 injectors.
I'm happy with the 64.5 with my 175/80.
I personally think a lot of people buy into all the hype and go to big on turbo selection. When they would be better off with something smaller for everyday driving.

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
Do you have any videos of it? How is the smoke level? I know it cleaned up my 190/100's on my 6.0 and kept the egts wot 1250 and a light haze

Swaan

Reaction score
No vids. I'm just not that teck savvy. But it cleans up the smoke , burns clean on everything but my hottest tune. On my all out tune it's a haze.

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
No vids. I'm just not that teck savvy. But it cleans up the smoke , burns clean on everything but my hottest tune. On my all out tune it's a haze.

Did your t4 kit come with a dp? Did you have to remove your factory lift pump out of the valley?

gnxtc2

Reaction score
The Irate T4 kit only comes with the upper portion of the DP. You need to finish it. Finishing the DP is the worst part of the swap otherwise the Irate kit is a bolt on.

I posted some pics of what had to be done with truck to fit the DP. But I went slightly overboard doing it. My race car chassis guy finished the DP. I told him what I wanted.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Swaan

Reaction score
Yes the irate kit is top notch except for the dp. Not gonna sugar coat it. It's a pain in the ass

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
.. What's so bad about the dp? I have put dp's on before its easy going from the underneith lol where are the pics?

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
Whoa wait you have to cut up the floor.. Jeebus... Yeah that looks like it's a pain. Does the drain for the turbo go where the mechanical lp is? If so I'm better off doing this when I do e fuel huh?

gnxtc2

Reaction score
E-fuel is a must with the T4 conversion. Yes, the turbo drain drains where the mechanical pump was mounted.

Like I said, I went overboard with the DP. I wanted to install a 4" DP but the air box was in the way. You don't have to cut the floor.

Billy T.
[email protected]

old man dave

Reaction score
Geoff (GTS) said he installed a 4" downpipe then used a half section of 5" exhaust pipe to make a fairly smooth patch to the firewall.

Reaction score
Did he do it on a stock turbo or T4 conversion?

Billy T.
[email protected]
Yes, would be nice to know, I'm thinking of doing frame off restoration and switching to 4r100, will do a full custom interior and probably modify cab for a larger down pipe... Next question, is there really even enough benefit from going to a 4"? Seems like I remember a thread where innovative (don't quote me on who or what company, I could be completely wrong) said they actually saw improvement on lower egts with a 3.5inch dp as aposed to a 4inch, I believe they contributed it to a scavenging affect??? Again, I could be way off on what I remember
Geoff (GTS) said he installed a 4" downpipe then used a half section of 5" exhaust pipe to make a fairly smooth patch to the firewall.

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
Is that the t4 or h2e kit?

Attachments

• 100_1130.jpg
    100_1130.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 56

Latest posts

Members online