B code v.s. Hybrid

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Yay, so i have the best thanks.

I say that because most of yours post are aimed at others and not actual info that i can learn from. I know chuck is doing the same but he has some info that i can read and help me understand the differences. Like HRT's post, i learned a thing or two. If your a genius with this, then shed some light on the topic and stop calling others out. Thanks

I am not a genius, I am a simpleton, common sense tells me that if I put one foot in front of the other I go forward, if I put it back wards I go???

I have ACTUALLY, as installed in lottsa of trucks both hybrids and B codes to see how they ACTUALLY work IN the truck in real everyday driving, which is what we well most of us do with our trucks.

People on a budget that can't afford big oil, I sell hybrids too, people that can afford big oil and the supporting mods generally get B codes.

For most people that think they know what performance is either injector will work, for some of us that want our cake and eat too, we have that option as well. The only thing learned in this thread is that most people including Charles have no idea how things work together for a common purpose.

It takes all the pieces in a crossword puzzle that fit together to make a nice picture.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Ok Lott thats great. And im glad you have experience but why cant you put that into something we can learn from.

Thats all im asking. I have hybrids right now in my dd/sled pull a few times. I will be building a Play truck for sled pulling and drag racing so i want to make a choice as to which will be better for what im building it for.

Explain your posts, im glad you do that everyday, wish i could but how does that info help me in any way other then give you your credit for doing it. Teach us what that common purpose of these working things are and whats your option for getting cake and eating it too. Im all ears and very curious.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
It takes all the pieces in a crossword puzzle that fit together to make a nice picture.

LMFAO. You are worse then Greg Houge.

I'll put it simple, Mr. Simpleton.... Highest fuel only number you have ever put down on a b-code, single turbo? Pretty sure Brian's little truck with the "wrong" injectors blows ANYTHING you've done out of the water.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Can anyone (maybe Jacob himself) tell me exactly what Jacob was running when he did just shy of 1000hp in his 7.3?
Heard rumors it was a 248cc B code with a large nozzle, potentially some oil side mods?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
To many things come in to play to make a statement like that. Stick to fuel
Only numbers for the truest comparison

I own hybrids, so im obviously not just a B code groupie. But it seems like you need fuel there to burn, would a 250cc hybrid have enough fuel to go 1000hp on the bottle? I guess its possible that it would, but it just hasnt been done yet.

1000hp is amazing on 248cc's of fuel, flat out amazing.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
That is exactly what Jacob did.

Yeah with a B code, that is whats amazing to me.

But no hybrid of that size has even come close to my knowledge, maybe it has and i never heard.

I have zero complaints with my hybrids on the road and doing what i do, but looking at what other people have done B codes impress me!

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
That is exactly what Jacob did.

Yup. WOP's nitrous system is just flat out perfect. I hope to get my truck on the same dyno Jacob ran on this fall. Finally see the actual HP difference between the two trucks, all things the same except injectors.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Yup. WOP's nitrous system is just flat out perfect. I hope to get my truck on the same dyno Jacob ran on this fall. Finally see the actual HP difference between the two trucks, all things the same except injectors.

That would be a good comparison! One that hasnt really happened yet.

Who currently has the top 3 highest HP trucks on fuel. I heard a lot of people say they should be there but they just havent dyno'd yet. Im wondering because would be nice to know what injector they are all running.
Fuel only numbers are my friend since ill never have nitrous.

907DAVE

Reaction score
LMFAO. You are worse then Greg Houge.

I'll put it simple, Mr. Simpleton.... Highest fuel only number you have ever put down on a b-code, single turbo? Pretty sure Brian's little truck with the "wrong" injectors blows ANYTHING you've done out of the water.

Hey now, just have a little faith...........:lookaround:

:angel:

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Ok Lott thats great. And im glad you have experience but why cant you put that into something we can learn from.

Thats all im asking. I have hybrids right now in my dd/sled pull a few times. I will be building a Play truck for sled pulling and drag racing so i want to make a choice as to which will be better for what im building it for.

Explain your posts, im glad you do that everyday, wish i could but how does that info help me in any way other then give you your credit for doing it. Teach us what that common purpose of these working things are and whats your option for getting cake and eating it too. Im all ears and very curious.

I dont know how many times its been said by multiple people. A hybrid works better in the higher rpms than a b code. Which makes a hybrid better for competition purposes over a b code. Read the first 12 pages. Its been stated in a few peoples opinions.

Can anyone (maybe Jacob himself) tell me exactly what Jacob was running when he did just shy of 1000hp in his 7.3?
Heard rumors it was a 248cc B code with a large nozzle, potentially some oil side mods?

I thought they were "stock" B's........?

Maybe that is true! I dont really know, but stock B's would be an impressive sign to me.

It takes 400cc's of fuel to accomplish the same thing as 248cc of fuel if we are comparing dyno numbers and not anything specific

I own hybrids, so im obviously not just a B code groupie. But it seems like you need fuel there to burn, would a 250cc hybrid have enough fuel to go 1000hp on the bottle? I guess its possible that it would, but it just hasnt been done yet.

1000hp is amazing on 248cc's of fuel, flat out amazing.

I am almost positive it was a stock 248cc b code. However WOPs nitrous system is flat out amazing, which could be the difference.

On top I believe Jacob did 938hp where as Brian did 1069. So there is a difference with the more cc's

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
B-code chart...
798.jpg

Sorry, should have specified fuel only.

I think it's a pretty universal understanding that B codes are a best all-around for DD and some competition. The sides start being taken when it comes to overall output and high horsepower.

But, nobody is acknowledging that a hybrid can be tuned to run with a Bcode down low. More aggressively ramped ICP.

A chitload of nitrous.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
I would like to see cc vs cc, fuel only between the two injectors and really see what happens. forget the giggle juice. You throw enough at it at the right time, you will get the power. Remember, Jacob was doing very high 400s with his Stock BCodes. then ramped up the giggle juice.

Latest posts

Members online