Bad turbo???

bdm1981

Reaction score
Hey guys I need some input here. I know the 11- 14 model trucks are prone to turbo failures. I was looking to upgrade the turbo in my 14 model but wanted to hold off till spring. What I would like to know is what are signs of the turbo starting to go bad? I have 12000 miles on the truck and been d-leted since 3000 mile mark. I have noticed lately that the turbo is starting to whine more and has been getting louder especially when its been cold. After I let it warm up it quietens down a little. The truck is still pretty responsive and I don't notice any driveability issues. My main concern is it having a come apart going to and from work and leaving me stranded. Not only that but possibly causing engine damage. What were some of the symptoms you guys experienced with those turbos? Should I pull the trigger now or is it something I shouldn't be concerned about right now?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Sounds like its about to go kaboom, they will start to have almost a loud "supercharger" whine to them before they say good bye.

jcain

Reaction score
Where you at in Missouri? I'm in the KC area. Hit me up if you need help.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm located in Salem. About 30 miles south of Rolla. About a 5 hour drive from where you're at. Thanks for the offer bud.

let me know if i can hlp you out once you figure out the real issue. good luck buddy .

*BigBlack*

Reaction score
My brother is going to school in Rolla so I swing by there. I am getting my 15 turbo this week and will have my stocker for replacement. Let me know if you want it. I am also out of KC.

bdm1981

Reaction score
Thanks man. Let me know when you will be in the area. I'm thinking of tearing into tomorrow morning before I go to work. See if the turbo has any play in it. Hopefully it's not too bad...

bdm1981

Reaction score
Well took the intake off this morning and inspected the turbo. So far it has stayed together and no visible damage. Called Mike at No Limit to see what options I have and answer all the questions I had. Hopefully the turbo will last till next spring then I'll switch it out. Appreciate the input and offers for help guys. Thank you Mike for taking the time out of your busy schedule to answer all my questions.

Latest posts

Members online