Best bang for the buck traction bars?

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
You know a jeep that will out flex this truck will do the same thing at those angles correct?

You also know that the hardest of off road vehicles limit travel as there is a point where travel is useless. You do know that right?

Dude you need to work on your reading comprehension.

It's unfortunate that a conversation that was interesting and getting some good information out is going to die because your shooting off at the mouth with an obvious chip on your shoulder. Why don't you just go back to your amazing jeep forum and leave us "stupid" people to our discussions about our 1 ton trucks.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Layson

Reaction score
039ABBA2-440A-4F67-ABAA-25F9755C3F96_zpsb23b8gav.jpg

0A118999-4344-419C-A815-D814212D0E04_zpshkqc49gy.jpg

I just really enjoy these pictures. I hope everyone else does too. Thanks for posting them.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I think everyone has seen these pictures by now.

2011-04-29_12-48-24_554-1.jpg

2011-04-29_12-47-38_117-1.jpg

Legit question...I'm away from home this week by if I got back and posted the exact same pics with my own truck, would it out some of this stuff to rest?

Coueshunter

Reaction score
Travel is travel...if a stock truck comes with 10" of travel. I would like it to stay that way. Even if it is not useable in your opinion.

All we are doing is trying to make a truck not shake when it accelerates, not make it ride like **** when unloaded, be able to still tow a load, not make any noises while driving, and be able to not limit its travel. It is pretty simple.

So how much less travel then stock does that grey crew cab truck have?

I've never had a diesel shake when I accelerated (both stock and lifted on 38s, they e never ridden like ****, still tow, and don't make noises. Travel is not limited on virtually any lift.

f100cleveland

Reaction score
Is this just an illusion or does it look like the traction bar continues on after the mount on the frame. Maybe it goes all the way up to the drivers seat mount. That'd really go along with the saying, driving by the seat of your pants!!!!

IMG_2615.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

morepower02

Reaction score
So what is this pic proving excuse my ignorance on the arts of using a one ton truck as a extreme off roading machine.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Is this just an illusion or does it look like the traction bar continues on after the mount on the frame. Maybe it goes all the way up to the drivers seat mount. That'd really go along with the saying, driving by the seat of your pants!!!!

View attachment 45140

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look closely at the frame just forward of the rear of the front door and you can see where the bar attaches to the frame.

Coueshunter

Reaction score
So what is this pic proving excuse my ignorance on the arts of using a one ton truck as a extreme off roading machine.

The argument is often made that certain brand traction bars limit travel. This photo is what they are posting trying to prove that.

Fact is a stock truck with no traction bars will do this as well. Just one of those angles. Which is why I posted the jeep pics with zero flex as some angles won't produce maximum articulation..

Just like this bone stock truck

8B6C6528-8498-4C89-BDF4-12519248AC75_zpszqj00lzz.png

morepower02

Reaction score
I see. The power of the rear leaf spring on the left side I would assume is what is holding the right side up. If the left wheel tucked further the right would drop correct?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
The argument is often made that certain brand traction bars limit travel. This photo is what they are posting trying to prove that.

Fact is a stock truck with no traction bars will do this as well. Just one of those angles. Which is why I posted the jeep pics with zero flex as some angles won't produce maximum articulation..

Just like this bone stock truck

8B6C6528-8498-4C89-BDF4-12519248AC75_zpszqj00lzz.png

Those are OUO bars and ALA's in the pic Layson posted. I'm thinking he's showing how they don't limit travel.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
oh man.. the 7.3 trans threads were always brutal , as well as the drop in turbo !

Latest posts

Members online