Best EGR delete Kit?

Lassie

Reaction score
The truck has DPF delete with H&S tuner. I don't think the truck will ever be modded for any more power than a tune. He needs a kit that can be done cab on. Does he need a waste gate? Please give some recommendations as I've done very little with a 6.4.

I've already searched and found a very old thread on a kit from WOP. Found not much else after a lot of looking. Thanks

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
If he is going to do only that I would get plates that slide in between the coolers. Just leave the coolers on.

BlueOx

Reaction score
The truck has DPF delete with H&S tuner. I don't think the truck will ever be modded for any more power than a tune. He needs a kit that can be done cab on. Does he need a waste gate? Please give some recommendations as I've done very little with a 6.4.

I've already searched and found a very old thread on a kit from WOP. Found not much else after a lot of looking. Thanks

I'd recommend a Flo Pro delete kit. It removes a lot of the just that's not needed and makes for a clean install. Let me know if you'd like a price on one.

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

3brorce

Reaction score
My custom-diesel egr delete is a nice piece at a great price as well.

Lassie

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys.

What differences are there in available kits? And with a big tune and a heavy foot, do you think a wastegate is needed, or is that overkill for stock nozzles?

Feel free to shoot me prices of your kits you have.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I've always been pretty unimpressed with the quality of the EGR delete kits that you find in mass production. I've always really liked Elite's for a couple reasons. The machine work and billet aluminum is really awesome and they use factory gaskets and brand new hardware straight from ford. Not a lot of kits you can say that about.

I can help you out with one if you are interested.

one2nine

Reaction score
The egr delete kits are all the same. Find the one that's on sale. If you have no desire to take the coolers off the truck, I wouldn't even bother then. For the mod to be beneficial for reliability do a full egr and cooler delete kit to get the coolers off the truck. It can be done cab on in a few hours. You do not need a waste gate unless you start spraying, running bigger turbos, or fuel.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
The machine work and billet aluminum is really awesome and they use factory gaskets and brand new hardware straight from ford.
:whs: After installing some other EGR delete kits, I noticed they didn't use the OEM orings, manifold bolts, and exhaust gaskets like Elite does. And Elite's kit is competitively priced.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Unless they changed most are about the same when i did mine. Just remember when you install the plus and such with o rings lubricate them with either grease or oil. While you are at it change the upper hose if you have not already.

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

Reaction score
Flo-pro kit uses factory bolts. They are as nice a as any. I stock and sell them. Can't really go wrong with any, after all the are just a bunch of plates.......

You do not need a wastegate.

Cknox121

Reaction score
I used a flo pro full delete kit with new elbow. Satisfied with the product and got it at a great price.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I've always been pretty unimpressed with the quality of the EGR delete kits that you find in mass production. I've always really liked Elite's for a couple reasons. The machine work and billet aluminum is really awesome and they use factory gaskets and brand new hardware straight from ford. Not a lot of kits you can say that about.

I can help you out with one if you are interested.

Thanks, more of the info I wanted

See above

Latest posts

Members online