Best Price on an Adjustable track bar?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I just got done putting a 2.5" leveling kit on my truck and I need to put an adjustable track bar on it before I get it aligned so I don't have to pay to have it done twice. I would like and Icon adjustable track bar with the rod end up grade, but would consider others as well as long as quality and price are right. So where are you guys getting yours at and how much is it going to cost me?

NotStock

Reaction score
Im gonna be building up a batch of adjustable trackbars tomorrow and Wednesday. I could do one for $350 plus shipping. They will be using a QA1 heim on the frame side which is equal to or better than the "Icon upgraded rod end". If your interested in one, let me know. The price on them is introductory and will be going up in 2-4 weeks.

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
Im gonna be building up a batch of adjustable trackbars tomorrow and Wednesday. I could do one for $350 plus shipping. They will be using a QA1 heim on the frame side which is equal to or better than the "Icon upgraded rod end". If your interested in one, let me know. The price on them is introductory and will be going up in 2-4 weeks.

I'm coming to see you Thursday morning, and this on my list also. Sorry for the hijack!!!

dstryr

Reaction score
My carli bar is a nice piece. I would recommend it. Idk how the price compares to Icon though.

WHY NOT

Reaction score

You got a PM

powerlifter405

Reaction score

Trevor just made me a shorter version and hope to have it installed next week.
Will get some pics next week when I start bolting things on.

Homesteader

Reaction score

Trevor what size lift are these good for? I sent you a PM on some other stuff to!

NotStock

Reaction score
Powerlifter's was custom built for a lowered-stock application. The ones Im building today and tomorrow will be for a stock-leveled truck.

DFW64

Reaction score
The icon setup is going to be a crap shoot. I had a long discussion with Brad at Icon on Friday and he clearly stated that the upgraded rod end is a "cost effective" setup.

They now offer a rebuild kit ($20) for the rod end in the event that it develops play. I have play in the rod end and the track bar ball joint and they have right around 20K miles on them.

The rod end is not made by Icon (its made by PK Bearing) and they do not warranty the part. He told me he has seen rod ends fail before and after 20K miles. Needless to say I wasn't very impressed with his argument.

I've also had the rubber rod end from Icon and had difficulty with that one as well.

IMO, there is currently no product on the market that will provide you with a rock solid setup. Not now at least. I believe that the proper setup, for lifted applications, involves two things: a new track bar and an upgraded track bar ball joint.

I would be leery of anyone offering cheap, quick fixes and anyone who uses Icon, in this instance, as a benchmark for their product. Icon did not have your best interests in mind when creating this product. Why anyone would base their product on this is beyond me.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
IMO:

Their is nothing wrong with Icon track bars or the bushings..its people not Tqing the bolts correctly. We have done many kits in house and hundreds of our customers have done kits and if Tq'd correctly their is NO issue.

Adding a helm joint at the frame will just get you noise.

If you use a Helm-spherical style joint at the frame, there is nothing to hold the orientation of the track bar, it will flop all over the place.

Track bars are not the reason the '05 up trucks have wobble issues..unless they are worn its the lack of castor.

Use a drop Pitman arm and drop track bar bracket is going over 4" of lift..

If going over 8" of lift..good luck.

Aaron S

Reaction score
I think ive got about 20,000 miles on my icon trac bar now, maybe a few more. The truck is mainly a DD but I beat it up off road once in a while. I ran into a problem with the icon bar hitting/ scraping on the engine crossmember.This is partly because the truck is an 02 with 06 axles and the fact that the bar droops down, partly because of the bearings used and the fact that the bar is bent, like all of them for 05 up trucks.

Based on recomendations from Truck Toyz I cut up a polyurethane bushing to fit over the sleeves that fit into the frame side bearing sleeves and cleanly fit in a way that will keep the bar from drooping. For me it kept the bar off of the frame. It also keeps dirt out of the bearing, which may help it last longer.

Just for info, ive read OUO is working on an upgraded axle side trac bar balljoint.

Aaron

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I ordered a track bar from Trevor today.

If anyone one is wondering he is awesome to deal with, very nice and helpful over the phone. I will be doing more business there in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
I had a icon bar with 8 in lift it was ok i had the bolt torqued to 410 and a brand new OEM track bar ball joint and had dw. I purchased a PMF track bar no more dw and a much firmer steering wheel. Not to mention the pmf bar makes the icon bar look tiny!

NEVRNF

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the one from WC Motorsports?

Last edited by a moderator:

Aaron S

Reaction score
A parts gut where I work got the WC motorsports one because of death wobble. It fixed the death wobble for him.

I dont like the quality of it though. The spherical bearings dont seem to be teflon lined, could be wrong though. Its much smaller than my Icon bar. Also if he turns the steering wheel back and forth while the truck is not moving, the bar will jump up and down and makes a crunch/ bang sound. The fact that the axle side pivot point is changed has to cause some bump steer, although id bet 90% of the people out there wouldnt know if thier trucks had bump steer or not.

Aaron

ToMang07

Reaction score
I put one from "Zone Offroad" on mine for $115 shipped. (Ebay, from Zone)

Best deal I could find, and I am very happy with it.

LiftKitInstalled009.png

Smokyred

Reaction score
Does anyone offer an adjustable track bar for lowered trucks? I'm wanting to drop mine about 2" lower than stock.

Dave

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Powerlifter's was custom built for a lowered-stock application. The ones Im building today and tomorrow will be for a stock-leveled truck.

Does anyone offer an adjustable track bar for lowered trucks? I'm wanting to drop mine about 2" lower than stock.

Dave

There is ure answer.... call trevor @ PMF!!!

I have a Pure Performance bar on mine. Im happy with the quility but unhappy with the finish. One year on it and the rust is already starting to flake off the finish and bubble the powdercoating up. It squeeks really bad too, but just found out thath the bolt thats in it, where a greese fitting should go, is to oil the bushing with every oil change with 3n1 oil. But the new design can be adjusted on the truck so that is a plus

Latest posts

Members online