Best tire option

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
dont listen to bermans opinion on the mxt's. my 35 mxt's ride better, are quieter, and are wearing like a pig snout compared to the duratracs i ran.. i rotate religiously at 5k with my oci and they stay square and not chopped.... i have balance beads in them and love them!! cant be beat for the price imo.. they are E rated and only a 65lb tire.. i have 52psi in the fronts and 44psi in rears and they are wearing dead even across the tread blocks..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Lol it wasn't just his. Honestly the feedback both on here and people I know that have run them have been dead even between the STT PRO and the MXT. However a good friend just got back with me tonight and advised I go with the STY PRO like he has. 103k highway hauling miles on his truck and only 2 sets he has been through.

They are only $400 a tire which isn't bad and I've gotten better reviews on them than the $600 a tire brands.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Which two? The terra grapplers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The terra grapplers and the toyos I've heard were rough riding fast wearing like my MT's.

Those were awful tires I swear. Loud, rough and wore horribly and that was with 5k mile rotations.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
My mickey thompsons are awesome. Last 3 sets on my super duty have been MT baja atz and one set of baja claws.

Crazy how I hate the tire you love lol.

Even at 45psi in rear and 55 in the fronts it rode like it was on tracks.

The ONLY good thing I have to say about them is they were firm as hell in corners. Possibly why they rode like horse shoes on rough roads.

Another reason I'm going to 37's is hopefully more sidewall means a less stiff ride.

Jomax

Reaction score
The terra grapplers and the toyos I've heard were rough riding fast wearing like my MT's.

Those were awful tires I swear. Loud, rough and wore horribly and that was with 5k mile rotations.

Hmm, I have the new G2 and they have 14k on them and still look like new. Need to go in for a rotation and see the tread depth soon. But I'm shocked how well they're wearing

They are not as quiet as the stock Michelins, but that is to be expected.

They are wearing perfectly, and ride great.

That's my luck with them though. Results my very Lol

Baker42

Reaction score
If I wanted to hear from the circus, I would take my kids to Ringling Bros. P.S. Berman- You are 1 special kind of dude. And I mean it. I'm too old to explain things to a peckerhead, I coach little league as it is. lol

cbf9703

Reaction score
I liked my ATZs when I ran them, but they came on a set of wheels I bought so I only had them for maybe 10k. I have a set of Dune Grapplers on my other truck. For a set of sand tires I've been extremely happy with them and I think they ride a hell of a lot better and are so much quieter than my STTs.. now if they just didn't have the gay ass flames on the side wall I'd be happy. LOL

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Crazy how I hate the tire you love lol.

Even at 45psi in rear and 55 in the fronts it rode like it was on tracks.

The ONLY good thing I have to say about them is they were firm as hell in corners. Possibly why they rode like horse shoes on rough roads.

Another reason I'm going to 37's is hopefully more sidewall means a less stiff ride.

They arent squishy when towing. My biggest fear was always trying something new, it feels good going home from the tire shop, but you hook a trailer on and it starts doing the jello bob. Goodyears are notorious for that.

I dont know if you need mud tires or not but my dad runs cooper zeons on everything.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I liked my ATZs when I ran them, but they came on a set of wheels I bought so I only had them for maybe 10k. I have a set of Dune Grapplers on my other truck. For a set of sand tires I've been extremely happy with them and I think they ride a hell of a lot better and are so much quieter than my STTs.. now if they just didn't have the gay ass flames on the side wall I'd be happy. LOL

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Cant you flip them and the gayness would be on the inside? I thought all nittos had two different sidewalls. Maybe I'z wrong but i know the terra has a side for people questioning their manhood and another for people that want a smooth sidewall.

Besides fire tires are perfect in a twelb balb...

dsberman94

Reaction score
If I wanted to hear from the circus, I would take my kids to Ringling Bros. P.S. Berman- You are 1 special kind of dude. And I mean it. I'm too old to explain things to a peckerhead, I coach little league as it is. lol

Right, I forgot that every other tire I or anyone else has bought has done this. I mean the wheel and tire section is just full of toyos, goodyears, and coopers that have done this same exact stuff and had entire recalls on tires isn't it? Cheap china is cheap china. Doesn't matter if its a light or a tire. And when its something that spins at a high speed and flys apart, god i hope none of those little leaguers are anywhere near it when the tread separates or it shreds and blows.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/Psimpson7/D2A/IMG_5447.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/Psimpson7/D2A/IMG_5446.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0ZO2eAEI8...OlDbg/s1600/Marjorie+Kinan+Rawlings+073-1.JPG

dsberman94

Reaction score
Cant you flip them and the gayness would be on the inside? I thought all nittos had two different sidewalls. Maybe I'z wrong but i know the terra has a side for people questioning their manhood and another for people that want a smooth sidewall.

Besides fire tires are perfect in a twelb balb...

no- the dune graps have flames on both sides. that was the sole reason why the dousche manager at the place i quit got them.

Baker42

Reaction score
no- the dune graps have flames on both sides. that was the sole reason why the dousche manager at the place i quit got them.

Show me the date on the sidewall. Any tire will do that if they are old and dryrotted. I bought a used BFG MT that completely separated while towing my boat @ 75. Took it to Discount tires and they asked where I bought it, it was 10 years old. Was going to the lake and was in a pinch because my sidewall blew out after hitting a piece of road gator (part of a semi tire on the freeway). Looks like just what you just posted. I'm sure that federal just gave way because of normal wear and tear tho. Geez I knew you sold tires, .LOL

patricku47

Reaction score
Show me the date on the sidewall. Any tire will do that if they are old and dryrotted. I bought a used BFG MT that completely separated while towing my boat @ 75. Took it to Discount tires and they asked where I bought it, it was 10 years old. Was going to the lake and was in a pinch because my sidewall blew out after hitting a piece of road gator (part of a semi tire on the freeway). Looks like just what you just posted. I'm sure that federal just gave way because of normal wear and tear tho. Geez I knew you sold tires, .LOL

A friend of mine had a brand new set of the Federal M/T's on a 06 CCSB. Within 500 miles they threw large pieces of tread off of two of them. From everything I have read, that wasn't an isolated incident....

Baker42

Reaction score
A friend of mine had a brand new set of the Federal M/T's on a 06 CCSB. Within 500 miles they threw large pieces of tread off of two of them. From everything I have read, that wasn't an isolated incident....
Well thats all I needed to hear. I was going to try those new patriot tires. Guess I will give the ATZ's a run.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Right, I forgot that every other tire I or anyone else has bought has done this. I mean the wheel and tire section is just full of toyos, goodyears, and coopers that have done this same exact stuff and had entire recalls on tires isn't it? Cheap china is cheap china. Doesn't matter if its a light or a tire. And when its something that spins at a high speed and flys apart, god i hope none of those little leaguers are anywhere near it when the tread separates or it shreds and blows.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/Psimpson7/D2A/IMG_5447.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/Psimpson7/D2A/IMG_5446.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0ZO2eAEI8...OlDbg/s1600/Marjorie+Kinan+Rawlings+073-1.JPG
That tire looks like it was ran low or flat for awhile... Just judging by the looks of the sidewall...

sent from the best place on earth! TEXAS!

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Went with the STT Pro's

I didn't think 37's would be that much bigger than 35's

I'm happy so far. WAY smoother ride. Like 10x better.

A little squirmy on the back end around corners but that was the first drive home won't know more till the weekend and I get some more miles on them.

Also I can feel the truck searching for 6th gear now these things must have robbed a ton of power being 37's. Or it's just in my head.

cc6cc3bcfe9b94ba9216504c51217c47.jpg

ff265fa40f52050bf158b7113189b5f8.jpg

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Had to trim a little off the front bumper bracket and the back side of the wheel well lining but other than that no rubbing

Jomax

Reaction score
Went with the STT Pro's

I didn't think 37's would be that much bigger than 35's

I'm happy so far. WAY smoother ride. Like 10x better.

A little squirmy on the back end around corners but that was the first drive home won't know more till the weekend and I get some more miles on them.

Also I can feel the truck searching for 6th gear now these things must have robbed a ton of power being 37's. Or it's just in my head.

cc6cc3bcfe9b94ba9216504c51217c47.jpg

ff265fa40f52050bf158b7113189b5f8.jpg

Rpm is too low for 6th now. I used to turn off 6th in town.

Latest posts

Members online