Best way to clean No- Limit AFE filter

WHY NOT

Reaction score
What is the best way to clean the No Limit AFE air filter. I have a proguard 7 and pulling the other day my truck was really chugging and laying out way more smoke than normal, also was getting terrible millage. Thinking the filter may need a good cleaning.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
What is the best way to clean the No Limit AFE air filter. I have a proguard 7 and pulling the other day my truck was really chugging and laying out way more smoke than normal, also was getting terrible millage. Thinking the filter may need a good cleaning.

We carry the Cleaning kits , just give us a call.

JRLott

Reaction score
Pressure washer, blow that sum beech dry with yer air compressor, and soak her with marvel mystery oil.

Yer welkom

bluedge8

Reaction score
I just read up on cleaning it on my 7.3 and AFE says not to use pressure washer or compressed air,,,,,,,,,,,,

JRLott

Reaction score

Egg Zachary! Do not under any circumstances do any of the above. Do give Mike a call for the cleaning kit. Usually a bit of low pressure running water, the cleaner, more running water, let it drip dry perhaps with a fan on it, and then reoil. Just enough to cover it, but not so much it'll get sucked into the intake. That's the basics for K&N and Air Raid, I haven't had my AFE hanging on the end of Mike's aluminum tube long enough to require cleaning.

I gotta stop thinking sarcasm is so easily conveyed in written form, especially when drinking.

Black AOD

Reaction score

Tannerite. Vaporize it. Buy a new AFE PG7 from Mike LOL

cappa

Reaction score
I agree on the buying another filter. I like to have 2 so I have a clean one on hand to just put a little oil on and install. Then I have months to clean the other one.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree on the buying another filter. I like to have 2 so I have a clean one on hand to just put a little oil on and install. Then I have months to clean the other one.

while that's totally rational and makes the most sense, i do approve of said tannerite attacks .

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Tannerite. Vaporize it. Buy a new AFE PG7 from Mike LOL

Why must every suggestion I get is to blow it up with tannerite LOL

Just got the cleaning kit all ordered. I got a spare truck to drive while the filter drives no need for the extra filter

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
go to your local Vato-Zone, O'Reallys, etc.

grab an aerosol can of K&N filter oil and a spray bottle of Simple Green, Purple Power, or similar degreaser/cleaner

Spray down the filter heavily with degreaser and let it soak in. Rinse it clean in a big sink or with the garden hose. You don't want high pressure to prevent damaging/stretching the fibers.

Once it's rinsed clean, I usually go back to my pizza parlor days and throw/spin it in the air to sling off most of the water and then set it in the sun for an hour or two to dry. And/or I'll set it on top of a squirrel cage fan for an hour or few.

Once it's dry, hit it with the filter oil making sure you get every pleat. Over-oiling is better than under-oiling, but if you over-oil, it's best to let it sit overnight or longer for the excess oil to run off.

I have an extra filter that I have ready to go whenever it's time to clean. Then I can leisurely clean the filter and have it ready to go when it's time to clean again.

HTH

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
go to your local Vato-Zone, O'Reallys, etc.

grab an aerosol can of K&N filter oil and a spray bottle of Simple Green, Purple Power, or similar degreaser/cleaner

Spray down the filter heavily with degreaser and let it soak in. Rinse it clean in a big sink or with the garden hose. You don't want high pressure to prevent damaging/stretching the fibers.

Once it's rinsed clean, I usually go back to my pizza parlor days and throw/spin it in the air to sling off most of the water and then set it in the sun for an hour or two to dry. And/or I'll set it on top of a squirrel cage fan for an hour or few.

Once it's dry, hit it with the filter oil making sure you get every pleat. Over-oiling is better than under-oiling, but if you over-oil, it's best to let it sit overnight or longer for the excess oil to run off.

I have an extra filter that I have ready to go whenever it's time to clean. Then I can leisurely clean the filter and have it ready to go when it's time to clean again.

HTH

he has a pg7 filter , i certainly wouldn't use that k&n junk on it. it rquires the gold aerosol.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
filter oil is filter oil

I've been using K&N oil on my AFE's for over a decade now with zero issue

on my Proguard 7 , i prefer to re-oil it with the oil it came with . that gold oil is part of the makeup of it's micron rating , i prefer for $8 extra to use the right stuff. some people cut corners, some people dont .

Latest posts

Members online