BEWARE OF LYING COMPETITOR!

imelmo

Reaction score
I've had a number of potential customers question the cost of our fuel systems and the materials that we use recently. After a bit of digging, I've been able to determine that another shop is making false statements about my products in an attempt to gain sales. I hate having to do this, but it's time to set the record straight.

I KNOW who this "so-called competitor" is, and I'm sure he will see this on one of the sites where it's posted. At this point I'm going to leave it at "shut the hell up when you don't know what you're talking about". If I continue to hear from people that he is spreading lies and false information about my company or my products in an effort to steer sales toward his own offerings, I will make a point of posting exactly who it is and what he is saying.

It seems that the biggest argument this person is making about my products is that I'm charging too much for a fuel system made from "300psi Rubber Pushlok Hose" and he is building kits from hydraulic hose. WRONG...APPARENTLY HE CAN'T READ, THE FACTS ARE CLEARLY PRINTED ON MY WEBSITE!

1. ALL of our Regulated Return Fuel Systems use U.S. Made Stainless Steel Braid over Teflon hydraulic hose rated for 4000psi. ALL of them! I have not used pushlok hose in a regulated return fuel system for about 8 years, and never built any 6.0L kits in pushlok.

2. Since I'm sure my competitor is confused by the fact that my hoses are black, and reading the information on my website is apparently too much work... The black covering over my fuel system hoses is added to protect the hose and anything near the hose. S.S. braid is VERY abrasive and will rub holes in wiring harnesses with easy. It is also conductive, and I've seen the instant destruction of a hose when a wrench shorted between a braided hose and the battery post on an alternator. We used to cover the hoses with plastic convoluted split-loom, but that didn't look as nice. We then started using a clear covering so the S.S. braid showed through, which looked great for a while but with heat and age the covering turned yellow or brown. We finally switched to a really nice black covering that we have not seen discolor in any way. The hoses are protected for a reason, and they stay looking nice at the same time.

We do use pushlok hose in under truck applications (tank to pump, pump to filter, return to tank), but that is because it's away from the engine heat and because hoses in those areas always need to be "cut to fit" due to differences in cab and bed lengths, differences in filter mounting locations, etc.

The photo below is offered for the purposes of informing both potential customers and my ill-mannered competitor. The hose and fitting on the top are "300psi Pushlok". The hose on the bottom is one of my fuel system hoses. You can clearly see the Parker hose end, which is CRIMPED onto the Braided S.S. Hose and Covered in a black sleeve. In other words, don't believe the lies being spread by someone just trying to make a sale!

If anyone has any questions about our products, particularly if you have talked to one of my competitors and that person is suggesting that what we build is inferior product at a premium price, please do not hesitate to call and ask me directly. Obviously, I would prefer that you purchase my product and I think I build the nicest kits on the market. The difference between me and competitors like the one I'm referring to above is that I generally have nothing to say about what my competition builds. I don't buy their kits, I don't compare mine to theirs, I don't care what they are building and I've got no reason to talk crap about them...so I don't. I will tell you why I believe we build the best product, I will tell you why my kit costs what it does, how much work goes into it, how many custom parts we've developed, etc. I don't need to talk about my competitors to sell my products, my products sell themselves.

Well, frack. I just ordered one of your junky regulated return kits with my studs and stuff. Is it too late to cancel now that I know they're crap? LOL :D

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
What a toolbag dennis. I think everyone here knows who it is so there's no need in hiding it. Some peoples kids.....

sent from the shop making things fly.....

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Dennis - I installed my first RR kit from you in 2005 - and I KNOW you've made a ton of improvements in them since I installed what I considered at the time to be the nicest RR kit on the market for a 7.3. I have no issues ever sending someone in your direction for one of your products.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Dennis - I installed my first RR kit from you in 2005 - and I KNOW you've made a ton of improvements in them since I installed what I considered at the time to be the nicest RR kit on the market for a 7.3. I have no issues ever sending someone in your direction for one of your products.

Right there with ya. Did mine in 2004 iirc ... Not sure why Dennis won't point the finger here though. That's doing the members more service than anything, rather than describing what to look for. Who gives a *** Dennis , I know it a sweetheart but maybe it's time to not be nice.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
You guys know its not my style to stoop to that level. I think enough people know who I'm referring to. If he's read this and shuts his hole, then enough said.

Misunderstood by my stupid smart phone!

David N

Reaction score
Right there with ya. Did mine in 2004 iirc ... Not sure why Dennis won't point the finger here though. That's doing the members more service than anything, rather than describing what to look for. Who gives a *** Dennis , I know it a sweetheart but maybe it's time to not be nice.

Damn you old ***kers! LOL

Dave

Reaction score
Wow anyone and everyone thats been in the diesel community for any length of time knows Dennis only puts out High quality product.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Wow anyone and everyone thats been in the diesel community for any length of time knows Dennis only puts out High quality product.

Not only that, but anyone that knows Dennis knows he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he was screwing customers. I've seen Dennis go out of his way, sometimes loosing money, to make sure that the customer was taken care of. I see no reason why anyone should think anything less of him or his products reputation. JJ can't compete with Dennis on more levels than one. Totally not surprised this is occurring. Anybody interested in a Douchers Diesel regulated return should check out some of the threads here on the forum about customers having to source out parts to complete VAJJ's kit, as well as a few members having to basically rebuild the kit because it is setup wrong to begin with. Cheaper is not always better. Especially from a scumbag like that guy.

Soap box: ON [OFF]

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Im glad you started this thread Dennis. I was waiting for it to come for a while, just by seeing the bull crap thats flooded on the internet from that clown. Im surprised it hasnt come sooner, but when you put someone elses product that is hands down the greatest on the market to move some hydraulic line and some crimp fittings that corrode, I guess he needs the business more than you do.. that is damn clear im my eyes. Also cheers to handling it like an adult, and not a child LOL

:jammin:

bbbxcursion

Reaction score
Some of the best fitting parts I've installed have come from Dennis. Even his instructions are great.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
hell, at least his parts come WITH instructions!! Not just a "box'o'hose" free for all.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ive ordered only some odds and ends from Dennis but they were custom parts. Initially the cost had me scratching my head. After I got the parts, I realized how much money he COULD charge. The quality of that mans work is impeccable! I was.floored by what I received. I dont ever question his prices as I know why and where his costs arrive. Top notch!

01PSD

Reaction score
:whs: JJ's kit was a huge hassle, all of the braided lines up top were seeping fuel and the stainless bends for the rear of the heads never would seal properly. Kit was pretty much scrapped all together, thank God for Parker stores...

punkrockford

Reaction score
Glad your only a 20 minute drive away. Feel lucky to have guys like you around, especially since I am driving my first diesel truck. Have been to the shop a couple times and guys were more then helpful, even when I was only looking for information.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.