Big custom trucks with big lifts!

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
View attachment 18431 Yea his dumba$$ friend ran into it on a 4 wheeler. I don't know how or why he doesn't take better care of it. The driver side a pillar grip is ripped off, the last time I rode in it the check coolant light was on as was something else. He let some friends take it out one Friday night and they were at Woodlawn HS, while he was at Parkview. The rear fender flares are cracked from hitting the tires, and he broke the drive shaft. Oh and he hit a tree with it, but it didn't do much damage apparently.

This is why we (young folks) can't have nice things…

Sent from the Bayou

That's because daddy bought it he will never respect it.

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Easiest way to tell if a younger guy paid for what he has, how he takes care of it.

Sadly, that's true most of the time. I hate when kids get nice stuff and trash it like that. I do know a few ppl(myself included) that actually cherish and take pride in our chit, and ppl like that ruin it for younger ppl. I will say that he isn't a douche, which is a plus. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372293887.731952.jpg when he let a friend drive it to school. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372293946.169903.jpg you can see how big it is here, I'm 5'11"

Sent from the Bayou

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
Sadly, that's true most of the time. I hate when kids get nice stuff and trash it like that. I do know a few ppl(myself included) that actually cherish and take pride in our chit, and ppl like that ruin it for younger ppl. I will say that he isn't a douche, which is a plus. View attachment 18442 when he let a friend drive it to school. View attachment 18443 you can see how big it is here, I'm 5'11"

Sent from the Bayou

I'm young myself, have always had nice things, but I'm ANAL about how my stuff looks and is taken care of. My dad actually gets annoyed with me because of how particular about my stuff I am, plus I try to take care of his stuff like I do my own and he has to tell me to calm down. Glad to hear your friend isn't a douche, but it still makes me sick to see a vehicle in that condition being so new no matter the age of the owner.

jimmystoys

Reaction score
Hi guys. Good to see some big lifts finally (custom or not LoL!!). Are you guys concerned about fender flares, bumper heights, or headlight heights where you are........or enforcement isn't critical in your areas? Here in the North West, where it rains on occasion, flares and mud flaps are pretty important. Although mine aren't on yet, they're coming wether I like them or not!

Yourfnmother

Reaction score
Hi guys. Good to see some big lifts finally (custom or not LoL!!). Are you guys concerned about fender flares, bumper heights, or headlight heights where you are........or enforcement isn't critical in your areas? Here in the North West, where it rains on occasion, flares and mud flaps are pretty important. Although mine aren't on yet, they're coming wether I like them or not!

What kinda mpg's are you getting out of that monster? beautiful truck btw! :toast:

jimmystoys

Reaction score
Hey Yourfnmother I drive about 84 miles to work and back everyday on the freeway. At about 60-65 mph I can reach 19mpg all day long. I've gotten over 20 mpg once but I tell ya, its hard!!!! Always tempting to step into it LoL. When I tow my 5000lb rv, I get between 12-15 mpg. What truck do you have and what are you getting?

SAK

Reaction score
Hey Yourfnmother I drive about 84 miles to work and back everyday on the freeway. At about 60-65 mph I can reach 19mpg all day long. I've gotten over 20 mpg once but I tell ya, its hard!!!! Always tempting to step into it LoL. When I tow my 5000lb rv, I get between 12-15 mpg. What truck do you have and what are you getting?

I must be doing something wrong, I get 13 on the highway empty and 8 pulling my gooseneck

TripleE44

Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong, I get 13 on the highway empty and 8 pulling my gooseneck

If you're dividing the miles traveled by the gallons used, you're doing it all wrong. Common mistake. You need to read what the dash said, and add 3-5 depending on how easy you were on the truck.

Yourfnmother

Reaction score

im in a bone-stock 2013 ccsb 4x4 and im getting 18-19 on the lie-o-meter when I stay out of it (which ain't to often) I drive pretty much exactly the same distance a day as you to work and back, im guessing you are deleted and tuned?

SAK

Reaction score
If you're dividing the miles traveled by the gallons used, you're doing it all wrong. Common mistake. You need to read what the dash said, and add 3-5 depending on how easy you were on the truck.

No its actual hand calculated mileage

bricewise

Reaction score
If I got 19 on 37s.....I'd thank the lord...maybe my driving is a bit tooooo aggressive cause I average about 13-14

jimmystoys

Reaction score
Yes I am deleted and tuned! I prefer to do my two bits for the environment. I know some people may not agree with me. That's life. With my 40's going down the freeway and my 3.55 gears, at 60-65mph, my rpm's are around 12-1300! I really pay attention to how I drive. With the tuner you can burn a lot of fuel, but you can save too if you don't step into it! I've been doing it for about a year now. Tank takes @ 28 gallons (in Canada its 130 litres or just over 28 imp. gals. You will have to understand your conversions but mpg vs volume will be the same), and I can drive low 500, to mid 500's, maybe a little more, depends if its Friday or not lol. Calculate it, all comes out to just over 18-19.5 mpg. The technology is there! We can do better. I believe its all in the gearing. My trans is a 6spd. The market will come out with 8spds and better. Think I've done my math right. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Basically, if you fill your tank the same amount its pretty easy to figure out. I don't rely on the lie-o-meter, just basic math, all it takes.:D

weazel

Reaction score
I have some pics of stuff, but none of it is fords, my truck is done up on standard lift stuff but if you guys wanna see just random custom stuff, I can post it up, I have pics of custom cross overs and stuff

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

Randy_270

Reaction score
Yes I am deleted and tuned! I prefer to do my two bits for the environment. I know some people may not agree with me. That's life. With my 40's going down the freeway and my 3.55 gears, at 60-65mph, my rpm's are around 12-1300! I really pay attention to how I drive. With the tuner you can burn a lot of fuel, but you can save too if you don't step into it! I've been doing it for about a year now. Tank takes @ 28 gallons (in Canada its 130 litres or just over 28 imp. gals. You will have to understand your conversions but mpg vs volume will be the same), and I can drive low 500, to mid 500's, maybe a little more, depends if its Friday or not lol. Calculate it, all comes out to just over 18-19.5 mpg. The technology is there! We can do better. I believe its all in the gearing. My trans is a 6spd. The market will come out with 8spds and better. Think I've done my math right. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Basically, if you fill your tank the same amount its pretty easy to figure out. I don't rely on the lie-o-meter, just basic math, all it takes.:D
Not to be rude but I don't think you're getting 18-19.5 imperial mpg which is what everyone uses. If you get 550km on a 130 liter tank that's 10 imperial mpg, and if you get 550 miles on a 130 liter tank that's 16 imperial mpg. Like I said I'm not trying to be rude I just have a hard time believing people when they say they the same fuel mileage on 40s as I get on 35s when I drive 62mph on the highway haha. Oh and you have a beautiful truck!

jimmystoys

Reaction score
Hey Randy_270. Sorry took so long t get back to u. 550 miles @ 130l (which is 28.6 "imp gals" here in Canada. Don't confuse it with u.s. gals.) works out to about 19.6 mpg. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Latest posts

Members online