Big single or dual pumps

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I would hope. Either way, I was not impressed. Bob worked with me on taking the pump back and is definitely easy and friendly to deal with. The pump just didn't do anything in my truck.

Not that this was the case... but there is always the chance for one to be installed wrong, IPR tables in the tune to be not adjusted correctly, an IPR problem, ICP sensor problem, injector problem ect...

Just too many variables to make accusations on a product after only 1 vehicle didn't respond well.

I will be done playing Devil's advocate now haha:D

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Not that this was the case... but there is always the chance for one to be installed wrong, IPR tables in the tune to be not adjusted correctly, an IPR problem, ICP sensor problem, injector problem ect...

Just too many variables to make accusations on a product after only 1 vehicle didn't respond well.

I will be done playing Devil's advocate now haha:D

New ipr, icp, injectors fresh off the flowbench at mpd, built from new, live tuning.... I'm just going to stop now before this gets bad.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
New ipr, icp, injectors fresh off the flowbench at mpd, built from new, live tuning.... I'm just going to stop now before this gets bad.

I am in no way an advocate for Adrenaline pumps... but I have also heard of similar failures on thumper pumps. Just saying that either one can have a couple of failed pumps.

What I would like to see is more data from guys who had good working stock pumps and could not hold ICP with larger injectors... and then switched to either (thumper or adrenaline) and monitored ICP levels before and after.

The reason I say that is most guys I know either had bad stock pumps, don't monitor ICP, or did a huge build all at once and attributed it to the pump without any real data.

Not hating or bashing... but I have seen many mixed review from both pumps

Dieselsite

Reaction score
Hate to break it, but I went from a stock pump to an adrenaline and lost power.... It never held icp in my truck

Josh,

You were a beta tester- you paid 1/2 price for the pump. The pump did not perform properly, but by the time you called, we knew the issue. The pump gear was slipping. We took it back and permanently addressed issue in all pumps (that's the point of beta testers). you never reinstalled fixed pump.

Every word of this was explained in depth to you up front, during your testing, and when we told you that you were welcome to return it, as you were not wishing to be a beta tester any longer.

You returned the pump - we credited you in full.

On edit: We had a long list of people that wanted to take advantage of the BETA program. You were picked because Mike D asked me personally and vouched for you.

Let's be upfront in our postings so customers can get relevant data.

The Adrenaline is flat out a fantastic pump!

Bob Riley

Last edited:

smokedout250

Reaction score
FOR REAL. I don't even know why I posted here... Bryan, you know what you need, stop questioning it and do it. No offense, but your truck is making the same power as a STOCK truck that is tuned. Get a damn hpop already and be done with it. I told you how the dieselsite pump worked, many here will tell you how the thumper 2 works.... If you want to make more than 450hp you should probably just get a thumper pump

You have to remember I've been burnt on parts a lot, I'm trying to find what's going to handle what I need the best. My biggest concern is if I go over a 225/100 some day I'll have to get another pump. I can order a thumper today if I want but it's making sure I get the part that fits my needs before I just spend money

Definitely go with a single. Adrenaline or thumper will do what you need to do.

With the amount of time and effort you have into that truck, being sub 500hp has got to be a let down. A pump is all that is stopping you from full potential!

It's been a pain for me lately.... It's just hard to pick a part that is going to do what I need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokedout250

Reaction score
I am in no way an advocate for Adrenaline pumps... but I have also heard of similar failures on thumper pumps. Just saying that either one can have a couple of failed pumps.

What I would like to see is more data from guys who had good working stock pumps and could not hold ICP with larger injectors... and then switched to either (thumper or adrenaline) and monitored ICP levels before and after.

The reason I say that is most guys I know either had bad stock pumps, don't monitor ICP, or did a huge build all at once and attributed it to the pump without any real data.

Not hating or bashing... but I have seen many mixed review from both pumps

I'm actually monitoring all my stuff right now, so swapping to an aftermarket setup I will be able to show improvements... Once I decide what to buy

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Josh,

You were a beta tester- you paid 1/2 price for the pump. The pump did not perform properly, but by the time you called, we knew the issue. The pump gear was slipping. We took it back and permanently addressed issue in all pumps (that's the point of beta testers). you never reinstalled fixed pump.

Every word of this was explained in depth to you up front, during your testing, and when we told you that you were welcome to return it, as you were not wishing to be a beta tester any longer.

You returned the pump - we credited you in full.

On edit: We had a long list of people that wanted to take advantage of the BETA program. You were picked because Mike D asked me personally and vouched for you.

Let's be upfront in our postings so customers can get relevant data.

The Adrenaline is flat out a fantastic pump!

Bob Riley

Bob,

I was highly appreciative of the opportunity to be a beta tester. The funny thing is, is that the issue of the gear spinning was something that I heard from another beta tester. When I called to ask about the issue with the pump I was told that it needed to be sent back right away. I would have thought that you would have called me to explain the issue, not me having to call you because of something I heard... Either way, when I got the pump back, it came with a banged up gear that was unusable. I was then told to just use the gear off of my stock pump, which was not an option. Then I was told another gear would be sent. Guess what, it never got sent. After all of that, is when I decided to talk to you about you taking the pump back. Would it have worked better after the update? That I cannot answer. We all know you put out quality products, and that is why I so eagerly called you when I heard about the opportunity to test the pump. It didn't work out, and you were more than helpful and easy to work with on getting it back and refunding me for it. I appreciate that. I'm looking forward to seeing results that people are having with the updated pumps.

Dieselsite

Reaction score
Josh, you were called. You promised at least 3 times to send the pump back and promised schedules you were never able to deliver on. Sometimes as long as 3 weeks would go by without a return call. Several times we were told it was shipped when it was not. When we didn't see the pump, we had to call again. I have never had to chase down a tester for anything to make updates like I did you.

The use of your gear was an option after you wanted no more time delays. It was the only option you gave me. Things happen in shipping out of anyone's control and you wanted it fixed immediately. You didn't want to ship it back for me to fix.

Again, you fail to mention in any posts that you were a beta tester.

Bob

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
There is a reason we push the Dieselsite brand today more than ever for various parts.

We also love river city and the parts they offer.

Both companies with better than most customer service. Both have the capabilities to push the units well beyond the norm before retailing them. And both pumps have turned out great so far.

I say you should buy both of them. Then you won't have to make a choice :)

Dieselsite

Reaction score
To all:

Beta testing is sometimes a necessary process to bring a new product to market. We need to not only check the product in many applications, but also to get feedback with more than a few folks to see what we may run into in the way of tech support, etc.

In the event we need to go to outside Beta, we try to explain that this is "testing" so the customer knows this is not always 100% and may take a few back and forth.

I believe (and this may just be compliment) that folks assume that if I send it, it's gonna be perfect. We don't produce junk.

It's also a big gamble on our part on who we choose to Beta. That choice can backfire. This pump was by far the worst example of this. I got no less than 15 private messages of talking from Beta testers to outsiders during and after the process was over. There is an amount of confidentiality that needs to be maintained so the product can get a fair release.

When we released the 7.3L Adrenaline, that was the best group ever. We had 12 pumps in trucks for 6 months and no one mention or breath was posted about it till we put in on our site. A couple of guys from this group have turned out to be friends now.

I wish everyone the best in whatever pump/pumps you choose. You can be assured that if we offer it, it will be what we say it is.

Josh, I have watched you for months now. I have read the PMs (people send them to me), etc. I try to respect everyone and hated to even say anything on the forum, but you left me no choice. You have not tried my final product and you knew that as fact. You knew this and still took every chance you could to say my product (in your own words) was worse than a stock pump.

Quote:
"We all know you put out quality products, and that is why I so eagerly called you when I heard about the opportunity to test the pump. It didn't work out"

I think this is the example I spoke of. You ignored the part about "testing" and got impatient and wanted it done "now". I am truly sorry that it didn't work out. I wish you the best. All I ever hoped was the respect of confidentiality that BETA testers generally understand.

Bob

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Bryan,

I'm sorry for derailing your thread. Good luck with the truck, and hpop of your choice.

ford rules

Reaction score
Just saw on the ole facebook that ellerton put a thumper 2 into James (i think superblazin on here) truck and said it is holding 4.5v.
Maybe he will chime in here.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Just saw on the ole facebook that ellerton put a thumper 2 into James (i think superblazin on here) truck and said it is holding 4.5v.
Maybe he will chime in here.

im gona have my truck out tomorrow, il be able to give you an idea of what I can hold. Just keep in mind I did adjust my injectors a little bit as well from the last time this truck came apart

Chatham036

Reaction score
I have been changing the engine configuration in my personal truck quite considerably over the course of the last year.. A year ago I was running a stock HPOP with 190/30 injectors and holding 4.8v ICP without issue. My truck ran great.

I then got greedy and oversized the jets on my w/m system and hydrolocked cyl. 1 with a 100 rwhp shot of meth proven on the dyno. My truck was pulled off the dyno, directly onto a trailer and taken to my shop for teardown.

During the tear down / rebuild I added 225/75 injectors. With the larger injectors my ICPv would now hold at 3.6v ICP while at 96% duty cycle. I installed the HPODS system and while my throttle response, smoke output, and bottom end power greatly increased.. I still could only peak ICP at 3.6v.

Then came the Adrenaline HPOP...

This thing woke up truck up all across the board. Bottom end.. top end.. all of it. I hold 4.8v at WOT while running 60% duty cycle. For me, this pump was a HUGE improvement. I plan to continue to beat the crap out of the pump to exploit the warranty that DieselSite has. I have only had the HPOP installed for a short period of time, but it is handling every bit I am throwing at it and then some. I am extremely happy with the performance gained from the HPOP.

Take all this for what ever it is worth to you. I recommend the 05-07 HPOP to all of my customers who run big boy injectors.

ford rules

Reaction score
Your truck is a 05-07 I assume? Thanks for the feedback on the dieselsite pump!!

Reaction score
i would personally just put an RCD Thumper 2 in the truck and be done with it, have customers with Thumper 1's and 2's and have yet to hear a bad thing from any of them, the dual pump thing is cool and really bad ass but its complicated as all hell to get right and also to be a DD truck not the best idea ask me how i know lol

IMG_5862.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.