Biggest Injector On PMR's

juniort444e

Reaction score
David, how did you pull. Meaning what gear did you put it in, 4lo 4high, od off or on. Last year i pulled in 4lo od off and in drive. Not sure if thatll work with more power or i should stick to that.

David N

Reaction score
Just like you said. 4Lo with the overdrive off. Not that I think it would go into overdrive, but ya never know. And Im not sure if its the tuning or not, but at the end I have to manually shift it down to 2nd. For some reason my stock tranny wont downshift automatically. :doh: It never has. But I don't quite have enough power to keep the tires spinning at he end in 3rd.

And thanks for the compliments.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Yea thats what im worried about. I know going up a hill with slow traffic in front of me mine wont kick down until 25mph. Sucks. So im thinking it will act the same pulling.

David N

Reaction score
Oh mine does fine on the street. Im just talking about when Im pulling right at the end of the track when the weight comes down and everything is binded up tight. lol

juniort444e

Reaction score
I knew what you were talking about. I was just stating how mine acts on the road. So im a little scared to see how much worse it is on the track.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Well, i finally got the pyro gauge to work yay. But the bad news is going up any kind of grade from 40 to 70 im staying at 1000 1200 and just trying really hard at 55 i can keep it around 700+. Im sure the new tunes will help once i get them but damn its crazy. Oh and i hit 1600 twice while messing around in the 80econ tune. Scares me.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Well, i finally got the pyro gauge to work yay. But the bad news is going up any kind of grade from 40 to 70 im staying at 1000 1200 and just trying really hard at 55 i can keep it around 700+. Im sure the new tunes will help once i get them but damn its crazy. Oh and i hit 1600 twice while messing around in the 80econ tune. Scares me.
Tuning is a huge part...but so is the turbo and oil!

May be that its not spooling enough to keep the temps low with added fuel.

1200 is high for cruising but 1000 is not, you can EASILY hit 1000 on a grade if your accelerating. Youve got lots of fuel and lots of turbo, see what happens going up those hills with say 20psi of boost, bet its much nicer

Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
Thats tuning and with that turbo as you know by now is everything to getting it to behave nicely on the street. Right now you have too much fuel or it coming in in a less than ideal rate. You really need live tuning to get things right but I am sure you can get very close but it will just take a good bit of back and forth.

Charles

Reaction score
When you're cruising on flat ground at say 50mph, what is your icp, pulsewidth and timing?

If the ratio between pw and ICP just stays offset in the direction of pw then you can never get out from under the 8 ball, and it will just keep smoking and running hot. The difference between smokey, hot pig and crisp, clean truck is often times a few tenths of a millisecond worth of pulsewidth, and/or a couple hundred pounds of ICP. Seriously.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.