Biggest Injector On PMR's

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
SO that was an all out program with no smoke control. Thats not bad with big 400%

So what level of smoke do we call that when he starts and then again as he passes the camera? Haze, Light, Medium, Heavy, or Blacked out the Sun
When he starts off its heavy, at times its a haze and at times its light smoke. I don't think it is ever smoke free or blocking out the sun

V-Ref

Reaction score
I don't have any video of the 200's, but here's my 400/400's flat to the floor at a dyno verified 628rwhp uncorrected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eET7VsH6cOQ

I didn't roll on or anything like that. Just flat-footed it at idle. Pretty much worst-case scenario possible.

Still not that bad IMO. And I wasn't in any way trying to control smoke with that program.

That truck hauls ass. :gethim: Got to be fun to drive.:redspotdance:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Well guys got my truck all buttoned up. 72mm turbo and joeys pumps.

Man o man what a difference, much less smoke, very quick spool up and just all around fun to drive! I cant wait to try tunes hotter than the economy ones

TARM

Reaction score
Have someone video even if its off a phone and get pictures for sure. Make sure to get the print out so you can scan it in and post it up. Please add a update in this thread.

Good Luck!!

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Well guys sort of a disappointing day in my books. Ran on the Jefferson state Diesel dynojet, its a inertia dyno and seems to be a pretty stingy but probably accurate one.
did 495/885 with lots of black all the way through the run.

Then went out to the track about 3-4 hours later and got probably 6-7 passes in, which is where i really got upset. Best time was:
14.1 @ 101 with a 2.7 60'

Ask me how that happens... well, my BTS transmission is having issues. Possibly shifting into 2nd and locking up before i even launch (as im creeping forward building boost). So i leave the line and cant spool till what feels like half way down the track. Get to the end of the track and on the drive back to the pits it wants to just bang through the gears and dont care what speed im going, think it hit 3rd locked up at like 15-20mph.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Well guys sort of a disappointing day in my books. Ran on the Jefferson state Diesel dynojet, its a inertia dyno and seems to be a pretty stingy but probably accurate one.
did 495/885 with lots of black all the way through the run.

Then went out to the track about 3-4 hours later and got probably 6-7 passes in, which is where i really got upset. Best time was:
14.1 @ 101 with a 2.7 60'

Ask me how that happens... well, my BTS transmission is having issues. Possibly shifting into 2nd and locking up before i even launch (as im creeping forward building boost). So i leave the line and cant spool till what feels like half way down the track. Get to the end of the track and on the drive back to the pits it wants to just bang through the gears and dont care what speed im going, think it hit 3rd locked up at like 15-20mph.

Those look like real respectable numbers made with what sounds like potential tranny or tuning issues detracting from the full potential of the truck. What were you hoping to see on the dyno/track? How heavy is your truck?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Those look like real respectable numbers made with what sounds like potential tranny or tuning issues detracting from the full potential of the truck. What were you hoping to see on the dyno/track? How heavy is your truck?

Its a crew cab long bed with a toolbox/chairs/and a cooler in it when i raced. 35" mud terrains for tires.

Judging by internet claims and what people say they make with 250/200s I think I have the right combination of parts to be 550+ on fuel.

My MPH indicate those runs should have been low 13s or possibly high 12s with perfect shifting. My 60' time is killing me because the BTS is locking up super early and shifting pretty terrible.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Its a crew cab long bed with a toolbox/chairs/and a cooler in it when i raced. 35" mud terrains for tires.

If I can be picky...I was after the mass of your truck in pounds.

Judging by internet claims and what people say they make with 250/200s I think I have the right combination of parts to be 550+ on fuel.

I think you do to. However getting actually achieving a dyno sheet/track time of those numbers, might prove to be more difficult.

You said your exhaust was black during the run....was it more or less smokey as compared to when you raced it down the track?

Was it one or several dyno runs? Your highest hp tune may not be your most powerful tune if the rest of the combo (oil, air, tranny) can't do there part.

My MPH indicate those runs should have been low 13s or possibly high 12s with perfect shifting. My 60' time is killing me because the BTS is locking up super early and shifting pretty terrible.

Did it just start doing this, or could this be a tuning issue?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
If I can be picky...I was after the mass of your truck in pounds.

I think you do to. However getting actually achieving a dyno sheet/track time of those numbers, might prove to be more difficult.

You said your exhaust was black during the run....was it more or less smokey as compared to when you raced it down the track?

Was it one or several dyno runs? Your highest hp tune may not be your most powerful tune if the rest of the combo (oil, air, tranny) can't do there part.

Did it just start doing this, or could this be a tuning issue?

I never got an actual weight of the truck, still need to do that.

I believe it was about the same, but i was running 45-47 lbs of boost down the track... no clue what my boost numbers were on the inertia dyno.

And yeah i agree with the high hp tunes, all my 3 hottest tunes ran about the same on the dyno. I actually was racing with the lower of the 3 numbers because it seemed to shift the best on the street.

I am going to take the truck out later today on a back country road and do a 4x4 launch. Talking to a buddy it seems as though if you power break too long at the beginning the TC sucks the pan dry and that causes it to lock up whether the PCM is telling it to or not (which sounds like what might of happened). So it was locked up in 1st gear even before I had a green light.

V-Ref

Reaction score
I never got an actual weight of the truck, still need to do that.

I believe it was about the same, but i was running 45-47 lbs of boost down the track... no clue what my boost numbers were on the inertia dyno.

And yeah i agree with the high hp tunes, all my 3 hottest tunes ran about the same on the dyno. I actually was racing with the lower of the 3 numbers because it seemed to shift the best on the street.

I am going to take the truck out later today on a back country road and do a 4x4 launch. Talking to a buddy it seems as though if you power break too long at the beginning the TC sucks the pan dry and that causes it to lock up whether the PCM is telling it to or not (which sounds like what might of happened). So it was locked up in 1st gear even before I had a green light.

Just a couple thoughts to ponder-

You could be way heavier than you estimate...before you spent anymore cash towards a dyno or track fee, I'd get er weighed up. This will be a useful number in the future as well, if or when you change/tweak your combo.

Inertia dyno could've very well never enabled you to achieve your "real world" boost levels.

Im ASSuming the dyno operator insisted on running the truck. My two cents is no one knows how to drive your truck like you (i.e. flatfooting a performance diesel isn't always the best technique for power) IF that's the case, in combo with the inertia dyno not potentially fully loading your motor and sacrificing peak turbo performance...might help explain some of it.

Your all over the less is sometimes more, and a balanced combo makes more power than an "extreme" one....

Don't have much to contribute on the auto trans. Is there an AE pid that you could datalog that would be of use in troubleshooting or to your tuner to change something regarding your trans tuning?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Just a couple thoughts to ponder-

You could be way heavier than you estimate...before you spent anymore cash towards a dyno or track fee, I'd get er weighed up. This will be a useful number in the future as well, if or when you change/tweak your combo.

Inertia dyno could've very well never enabled you to achieve your "real world" boost levels.

Im ASSuming the dyno operator insisted on running the truck. My two cents is no one knows how to drive your truck like you (i.e. flatfooting a performance diesel isn't always the best technique for power) IF that's the case, in combo with the inertia dyno not potentially fully loading your motor and sacrificing peak turbo performance...might help explain some of it.

Your all over the less is sometimes more, and a balanced combo makes more power than an "extreme" one....

Don't have much to contribute on the auto trans. Is there an AE pid that you could datalog that would be of use in troubleshooting or to your tuner to change something regarding your trans tuning?
i will get it weighed today hopefully, just need to find a scale now! I will post up numbers when i have them.
Your right they wanted to run it, plus it was my first rodeo so i let them. I should have rode shotgun and data logged stuff while they did it.

As far as the pid on the AE, im waiting for an answer. It would be nice if i could monitor a little bit to at least answer a couple questions. But after a good read that Dave found me over on PHP's forum it seems like my issues on launch were either the TC locking due to power breaking too long and sucking the pan dry or could be in the tuning with the VSS not knowing what to do with the extra rpm's but no speed

juniort444e

Reaction score
Nice pull david. How far did you pull. I want to pull mine so bad, but im having torque converter issues and dont know if the two wheel drive one i have sitting around is a good replacement.

David N

Reaction score
330ish. I beat more than a few Duramax and Cummins guys. It was good enough for 4th place I think. Out of probably 12-14 trucks.

I was posting more so you guys could see the smoke. Seems like alot but it ran really good last night. Im hoping this new Uppipes and fuel system will really turn the truck on now.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.