Billet Converter Install

zabeard

Reaction score
thats a real good price. how much would they charge if you just dropped off the torque converter?

superstroked

Reaction score
If you are talking to me, I think the converter rebuild with billet replacement cover and new clutches is like $350-$400

eric.davis

Reaction score
If you are talking to me, I think the converter rebuild with billet replacement cover and new clutches is like $350-$400

Thats extremely cheap. Depending on what their warranty is someone could buy 4 TCs for the price of one TC from SunCoast and never have any real down time if anything did happen to them

zabeard

Reaction score

I was sorry. lol

Id like to just replace my converter because I feel like the rest of the transmission is fine right now.

Stout

Reaction score
Id like to just replace my converter because I feel like the rest of the transmission is fine right now.

i was gonna do that too, then i saw how much of a pain it was gonna be to tear it back out again if the trans started to go. so i took a trip to the local pnc and did what i had to do :doh:

zabeard

Reaction score
really? whats so difficult or different about it? I mean its not a oil change but it shouldnt be too bad.

pog

Reaction score
im also about to tear out my tranny with a buddy to save labor charges of removing it and putting it back in. plan is to take it out remove tc, give tranny guy the tranny and let him put in the rebuild kit and then we put in new tc and put er back in. im hoping its pretty straight forward

Erikclaw

Reaction score
With two it should be easy. Was a pain for me by myself and the first time on this truck so it took a while to find everything.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Sounds a little too good to be true to me, but best of luck to both of you guys.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
My thoughts too, I would be leery of something 2/3rds the cost of a known product. Every time one fails, if they do, you want to look into the internals of the trans to make sure no metal got in there. So it isn't as easy as swapping them out and hit the road.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Got the truck back shifts like a dream smooth and firm. Updated trans line to new style with internal filter (no more 200.00 retarded filter that requires special tools) and PML deep sump pan. For all the work including shift kit, alto red eagle clutch packs, kolene steels, billet triple disk converter, billet imput shaft and all labor out the door with a 12 month warranty (upgradable to 3 year for 1000.00 before 12 months is up) for 3764.00, not to bad. I'm going to test that warranty though lol.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Damn that is a crazy price for all that. I hope it holds up.

Its all the same stuff that suncoast uses so it should, they get it from the same place. You'd chit a brick if you saw the prices there supplier sold the parts for vs what some other's selling the same stuff do. But really the price wasnt the factor it was that they are down the road from me, stand behind there work, and use what other builders are useing. Also a buddy has the same thing in his 6.4 but I added a few tweeks to mine, his has been holding up great and he tows a hell of a lot more than I do and much heavier.

HD F250

Reaction score
Subscribed....Keep me posted on this because that would be worth a drive to Texas when I get back stateside. I can always go visit my rental in Corpus Christi and write the trip off too:)

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
No problem bro, corpus is about 6-1/2 hours away though. I have an extra room if you need it. Their pretty fast, could be done in three days if they had time to order the parts first. They accually drove to LA to get some of the parts faster.

HD F250

Reaction score
Sweet, I might take you up on it once I get back. I would gladly do a parts pre-order to minimize downtime. Sounds like a great shop. I hope the tranny holds up as advertised.

Latest posts

Members online