Billet Grills

under construction

Reaction score
I have been thinking of ditching the chrome for a black billet grill but have not made up my mine. Anyone have thoughts or pictures of one installed on their truck? I am not a huge fan of the mesh ones the bolts showing. That one of the reasons I was leaning this direction.

Here is a picture of it currently for reference:
image.jpg

Notneb

Reaction score
Here's mine, I know you don't like mesh, but there's no exposed bolt look on this one. I plan on color matching the shroud, should blend a lot better.
056_zps0xxxb2am.jpg

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Not my truck but I am running the same grille. It's a Trex billet grille.

Attachments

• IMG_20131218_143644_223_zpsac9bc6f9.jpg
    IMG_20131218_143644_223_zpsac9bc6f9.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_20131207_160859_931_zpsf2313664.jpg
    IMG_20131207_160859_931_zpsf2313664.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 233
  • imagejpeg952_2_zps5a86956a.jpg
    imagejpeg952_2_zps5a86956a.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 235

NickPic83

Reaction score
I have been thinking of ditching the chrome for a black billet grill but have not made up my mine. Anyone have thoughts or pictures of one installed on their truck? I am not a huge fan of the mesh ones the bolts showing. That one of the reasons I was leaning this direction.

Here is a picture of it currently for reference:
View attachment 41299
Honestly I think what u got right now is tits but its your truck.

My only other thought is maybe try to black out the chrome. Black and red always looks good.

trugertha

Reaction score
Here's mine, I know you don't like mesh, but there's no exposed bolt look on this one. I plan on color matching the shroud, should blend a lot better.
056_zps0xxxb2am.jpg

Who makes that grill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

under construction

Reaction score
c829b10e5f601cc362886c7e93609265.jpg

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Did you buy a plate to make your factor emblem work or did you rig something up? This is along the lines of what I have been thinking of doing. Is yours the T-Rex black Billet grill as well or is it another brand?

Not my truck but I am running the same grille. It's a Trex billet grille.

I like this! This is what I am considering.

Thanks for all the input guys. I like my setup now, I just want to get rid of the rest of the chrome and I'm not sure just painting the grill bars black is what I want.

BOHICA256

Reaction score
That looks like the t-rex black billet. And they come with the hardware to mount the emblem if that's what you want, if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Did you buy a plate to make your factor emblem work or did you rig something up? This is along the lines of what I have been thinking of doing. Is yours the T-Rex black Billet grill as well or is it another brand?

I like this! This is what I am considering.

Thanks for all the input guys. I like my setup now, I just want to get rid of the rest of the chrome and I'm not sure just painting the grill bars black is what I want.
i haven't reached baller status, so no, its no where near a t-rex grill.. its a cheapy off amazon. 90 bucks. had to cut the center of the grill out around the inside of the chrome suround in order for it to fit and screw in.. i wouldn't recommend it.. i would have saved for a nice one if i would have known all that. i ran zip ties through the rear of the ford oval and ziptied it in the center and i have a zip tie on each end around the prongs keeping it straight/level..

i wouldn't do it again..

live life full throttle

under construction

Reaction score
I could be wrong but don't you have to cut out for all of the aftermarket grills? Also I will have to check into if the T-rex has the hardware to mount the emblem or if it is sold separate.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I could be wrong but don't you have to cut out for all of the aftermarket grills? Also I will have to check into if the T-rex has the hardware to mount the emblem or if it is sold separate.
im not sure but i would buy a complete grill already done..

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online