Billet WWII into BW S366?

JCart

Reaction score
Not fully verses in all the turbos out there did a search and found nothing. Will the Borg Warner S366 support the billet 66 mm WWII has anyone tried this? Just wondering and thinking ahead to potentially use in '97 sig truck with 175/80's and T500 (soon as I get over this flu).... Was thinking in terms of quick low end spool up say 1400-1500 rpm. And for those that have/are using the S366 (OBS) what A/R exhaust would you recommend for DD, tows occasionally, live/drive at 1100-4500 ft ASL?
Thanks suggestions welcome and appreciated.
jrc

Bair

Reaction score
I'm running a 366/74/1.00 on my obs with 3.55 gears. And I'm pretty sure I would like a tighter housing. As far as injectors I ran this turbos with 275/100's and now with stock injectors. Even with the bigger injectors I was wishing for the tighter housing for quicker spool. But I think it's just because of the gears.

96 CCLB
08 RCLB 2wd 6sp
08 ECLB 2wd for sale

Swaan

Reaction score
I've got a lasb. It's a 64 with the 68/74 exaust wheel. And it's also a .91 ex housing.

Spools fast and works great with my stg1 injectors.
I will be upgrading to Tim's 175-80 at end of the month. Well see if it can keep up. LOL

JCart

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys,

Cloverleaffarm are you towing with your set up? For me where I live, work, play I am in/close to mountainous terrain, so can be sustained grades 6-8% for 5 miles, poor road alignment (meaning vertical and horizontal) few passing lanes and slow (relative to you guys) speed limits (read 50-60 miles per hour). Translates for me a rig that is quick off the line, can tow (5r guessing 8K lbs new to us have to weigh it) and of course use as a DD work rig.

Swaan will be interesting to see how you make out with your set up are you using a bigger HPOP? Joey just sent my T500 out on Thursday.... so looking forward to trying that out.

Bair I understand, with 97 sig truck I went to a 1.0 (from the stock 1.15) and it was a significant upgrade performance wise. At the time I was able to test it with an auto and then the ZF and because of gearing and 35" tires was always under the turbo smoking away (because of terrain etc as noted above). The 1.0 made it into a fun truck to drive, thats why I was thinking of the .91 housing. Other option was also thinking of BW's think its a S362 but there does not seem to be a host of info on it.

And finally the notion of the billet WW2 wheel in this turbo was to see if there was a noticeable increase in lower RPM performance.

Finally feeling somewhat normal (after 3 weeks of crud) have had one hell of a flu bug, so tomorrow the plan is to pull the last injectors out of the 97 and get them off to Tim at P.I.S next week.

thanks again,

jrc

Last edited:

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys,

Cloverleaffarm are you towing with your set up? For me where I live, work, play I am in/close to mountainous terrain, so can be sustained grades 6-8% for 5 miles, poor road alignment (meaning vertical and horizontal) few passing lanes and slow (relative to you guys) speed limits (read 50-60 miles per hour). Translates for me a rig that is quick off the line, can tow (5r guessing 8K lbs new to us have to weigh it) and of course use as a DD work rig.
jrc

Yes i do tow with the setup. Its a farm truck thats hooked to gooseneck. Illinois is mistly flat but its a great tow setup

2000wa250

Reaction score
The WWII is meant for the 38r I believe. If that's the wheel you're talking about then it wouldn't work on a 366 seeing as they rotate in opposite directions

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JCart

Reaction score
The WWII is meant for the 38r I believe. If that's the wheel you're talking about then it wouldn't work on a 366 seeing as they rotate in opposite directions

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hahaha... yes you are correct....No really.... was a test to see who was paying attention..... Ding Ding Ding.... YOU are the Man 2000wa250....

man oh man.... Keeeerap....:eek::eek:... neeeeuuwb or what...fawk....:eek:

Thanks for the clarification.... kay was WAY over thinking this....hahahaha,

The funny thing I was on BW's website looking at the various versions of S300's and did't clue in..... about the reverse rotation and was wondering if the WWII would fit... good god...

jrc

Last edited:

JDub

Reaction score
s367.7fmw/74/.91 should work really well on a 7.3

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reaction score
s367.7fmw/74/.91 should work really well on a 7.3

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

This just blew my mind hole. I didn't know HTT had 67.7 FMW wheels in the S300 platform until now when I had to search for that turbo combination. That makes life difficult for me now when it comes to deciding on a turbo. LOL That should be an awesome turbo for the 160/100-250/100 injector crowd that is doing a lot of towing..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Cory@RPHC

Reaction score
As a matter of fact I will.....I just picked up a 366 and plan on doing a few runs with stock 66 and then the ww2 66. If these wheels do as well as in the other turbos it will probably stay with the ww2 66

JCart

Reaction score
Good to know Cory thanks and let us know how you make out. Will be checkin out this billet wheel and thinking the S366 twin scroll and .91 A/R exhaust, when the time comes. Now to get my 'jectors to the couriers and off to Tim!

Thanks again,

jrc

Cory@RPHC

Reaction score
Yep I bought the twins scroll 66/74/.91 with the weldable marmon flange for $600 brand new

jwlandry

Reaction score
OP your wanting to do the exact setup i have. All i run is an out of the box s366 and its an awesome setup. Spool up is super quick and towing is cool as can be. I am finally pleased with my setup after multiple changes.

I would like to hear some feed back on the WW2 for the s366 though. Im not going to willingly just try one bc i like my setup too much now. but if the gains are there then id pull the trigger on one.

JCart

Reaction score
OP your wanting to do the exact setup i have. All i run is an out of the box s366 and its an awesome setup. Spool up is super quick and towing is cool as can be. I am finally pleased with my setup after multiple changes.

I would like to hear some feed back on the WW2 for the s366 though. Im not going to willingly just try one bc i like my setup too much now. but if the gains are there then id pull the trigger on one.

What size exhaust housing .91 A/R? Good to hear you're pleased with it!

jrc

Latest posts

Members online