Bilstein 5160s

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
How much are these 5160s running. Thought about going with pure performance shocks since they are anodized inside and out for a lasting finish. But they are 200 a pop

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Okay worth it. I do t doubt it. But needed in a truck that doesn't "off road" per say? I just take it shooting and rarely off road for fun. Would the 5100 be a smarter choice for a casual truck? My ranchos are toasted and the colder weather makes it that much worse.

Also are the mounts already included for the res's on the 5160's?

Don't mean to hijack your thread OP. Just seemed a good thread was already started and no need to start a new one.

MorganY

Reaction score
Okay worth it. I do t doubt it. But needed in a truck that doesn't "off road" per say? I just take it shooting and rarely off road for fun. Would the 5100 be a smarter choice for a casual truck? My ranchos are toasted and the colder weather makes it that much worse.

Also are the mounts already included for the res's on the 5160's?

Don't mean to hijack your thread OP. Just seemed a good thread was already started and no need to start a new one.

No worries. Mounts are included. Offroad is a little better with the resi's compared to a 6.4 with 5100s. For a street queen, other than looks, I feel no difference. If it does, certainly doesn't justify an extra $350 if it never leaves the pavement...but I am a college student on a tight budget. I do love them compared to my ranchos. Nitrogen style bodies are awesome. Wish I made the switch a long time ago. 1000lbs in the bed makes it ride like an f-150.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Resis will perform better on and offroad. They take harsher bumps and potholes a lot better than the 5100s.

This. The 5100 is a rougher shock, rebound on the shock seems to be much higher, and makes the truck ride "rougher" without weight in it.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Exactly my problem. With 5100s and progressive rate coils it takes bumps well but then can't handle the rebound and the spring throws me
Off the bump harshly

Latest posts

Members online