Blowing intercooler boots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Jakes are alot different then Riff raffs. And OSCS, I run the inserts with my setup. And am in the process of upgrading to an S475, 400/200s and Gen3. I think you will be fine. But by all means try out a set of the full plenums, you cant go wrong there.

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
I made a set of boots for mine that are around 4in long. They reach from the base of the plenums to the top of the Y. Kind of a PITA to put on, but it wont blow the boots off anymore:p

OSCS

Reaction score
Yeah man those riff raffs look awesome. I'm curious if the RR ones have a rolled edge. If they do I'll probably go that route unless someone tells me BDP or Jakes flow more

Last edited:

OSCS

Reaction score
They look rolled to me. I'm ordering a set right now, I'll get picks up when it's done and publize my results. Thanks again for all the suggestions and helpfull comments

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
i like the inserts i got with my TN T-4 kit..they fit over the plenum too keep the full 3" opening..they also have a buldge at the top to help keep the boots on..i dont know if there sold with out the kit or not..it may be worth a PM to TN.......

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good idea. I'd be buying from a shop that takes the time to supports the site, like DI, BDP, WOP, etc.,

:whs:

i could have got a turbo for 100 bucks less on ebay but bought one from a sponsor here just cause of this reason....it also amazes me that most of these sponsor here sponsor a few other sites at the same time..

Last edited:

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
You guys knock it off.

No more Riff Raff / non-sponsor links. Not fair to the guys who pay to sponsor this site. If Clay wants to sell parts here have him shoot me an email. Nothing against him just the way it is.

ToMang07

Reaction score
You guys knock it off.

No more Riff Raff / non-sponsor links. Not fair to the guys who pay to sponsor this site. If Clay wants to sell parts here have him shoot me an email. Nothing against him just the way it is.

SO... for clarification members are only allowed to discuss or recommend vendor's products now? :thumbup:

I feel like I'm back on PSO.
:flush:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
SO... for clarification members are only allowed to discuss or recommend vendor's products now? :thumbup:

I feel like I'm back on PSO.
:flush:

You can discuss is but no pumping and no links. Its simple and its like that for a reason. If you were a paying vendor you might understand.

I don't understand why it so hard for them to sponsor any way its the cheapest form of advertisement out there imho.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I dont mind helping or mentioning a vendor or their product but again, Im not gonna allow continued links to riff raff. You want to mention their product in a relevant post, thats one thing .....

ToMang07

Reaction score
Last time I checked when recommending a product it's pretty common to include a link. Just makes the whole "discussion" thing easier when all parties involved know what you're talking about. Some would say more helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

imelmo

Reaction score
Doesn't matter. The over-the-top and constant pimping of that company isn't going to fly here like it has everywhere else. And I AM singling them out. Like I said, you don't like it, feel free to go somewhere else.

Reaction score
Yeah man those riff raffs look awesome. I'm curious if the RR ones have a rolled edge. If they do I'll probably go that route unless someone tells me BDP or Jakes flow more

IMO Beans would flow better..maybe more because of the shape..it looks to me like they would even the air out across the heads..not just in the middle..with that said WOP are flat as well and they run them on there drag truck...another thing is the o ring idea..they stay dry inside and out on my truck..with the heat from the heads i think id have trouble with dry rotting orings...

Last edited:

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Ron how do you think that the beans will flow more when you haven't seen both side by side? Oh Ron you might want to tell all of the 6.0 and 6.4 boys about there intake gaskets and intake elbow's how there going to rot out. :doh:

IMO Beans would flow better..maybe more because of the shape..it looks to me like they would even the air out across the heads..not just in the middle..with that said WOP are flat as well and they run them on there drag truck...another thing is the o ring idea..they stay dry inside and out on my truck..with the heat from the heads i think id have trouble with dry rotting orings...

Reaction score
Ron how do you think that the beans will flow more when you haven't seen both side by side?
Beans are stock shaped but with class
Oh Ron you might want to tell all of the 6.0 and 6.4 boys about there intake gaskets and intake elbow's how there going to rot out. :doh:

are they bolted to a hot head going though heat cycles ???

Last edited:

OSCS

Reaction score
Sorry about the links didn't know RR wasn't a contributing member on here. Well
Honestly guys I went with the RR billet plenum setup. I prefer the finish over BDP and I figured if Completely FLAT plenums works for WOT's drag truck I can't see how an arch warrants any drastic flow numbers for BDP.. Especially with no documentation proving anything. Biggest issues I see with these style intakes are the immedate cylinders parallel to the inlets receiving more air than the rears.. Although this is a pressurized system so I'm not sure about individual cylinder numbers.

And to clarify the RR link did not sway my decition as I was the one who posted it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.