body shop hurt my engine.....

Diezel_Dawg

Reaction score
Thanks bro.

last few lines from my original post....

"what in the hell is wrong with my truck now? I just want it running... I checked all plugs, removed and replaced the Cam sensor (what a pain in the azz....) and I have zero chance of swapping out the crank sensor (as I am not double or triple jointed)

Anyone ever seen this? Anyone know what in the hell could be the culprit? Is my engine most likely shot? Or is this a quick easy fix (not likely, as I am not that lucky....)"

Anyone who knows me, KNOWS that sympathy is not ever what I'm after... He is just trolling now. Fvck that dude. Hope we can get back on the subject now.

No problem brother.

You have been thru and seen more sh#t than probably all of us combined and never asked for sympathy, I don't know why fvxk stick thinks you'd start now.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CurtisF

Reaction score
If that's all it takes to muck up a thread and get everyone's panties in a bunch, then you guys are more than a bit sensitive.

But whatever, I'll back out. This is my last post in this thread.

Regardless, I do sincerely hope you get your truck running.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
If that's all it takes to muck up a thread and get everyone's panties in a bunch, then you guys are more than a bit sensitive.

it's not about being sensitive. you're just a dik .

i'll give you credit , at least you did say something nice, for once .

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score

I got your "bit sensitive" hanging, you fvck stick. Go be a beotch someplace else. Fvcking troll.

BTW I'll bet you anything that I own, that you'd NEVER say any of the bull chit that you've tried to stir up, face to face. Think about how that makes you look. "Oh look, Corb always resorts to violence..." Fvcking duh, I am a violent person. A trait that helped me to excel in my line of work. However, not many on here have ever seen that side of me, but you bring it out with your middle school crap. Go be a self entitled, self righteous, keyboard warrior in P&R, where your google searching crap leads some to believe that you are worth half of a fvck. Call it your safe space, or whatever. Bye.

And, thank you for your sincerity in my truck getting up and running. Bye.

Last edited:

Diezel_Dawg

Reaction score
I got your "bit sensitive" hanging, you fvck stick. Go be a beotch someplace else. Fvcking troll.

BTW I'll bet you anything that I own, that you'd NEVER say any of the bull chit that you've tried to stir up, face to face. Think about how that makes you look. "Oh look, Corb always resorts to violence..." Fvcking duh, I am a violent person. A trait that helped me to excel in my line of work. However, not many on here have ever seen that side of me, but you bring it out with your middle school crap. Go be a self entitled, self righteous, keyboard warrior in P&R, where your google searching crap leads some to believe that you are worth half of a fvck. Call it your safe space, or whatever. Bye.

OWNED!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Wayne

Reaction score
UPDATE:

The ford truck center that has it, is now taking instructions from FORD, and is about to take the passenger side head off of the engine, to check timing?

I have no idea how to check timing on this thing, but I would imagine that there is a simpler way... Maybe, due to the possibility that the crank gear moved, that going from the front of the engine is not going to yield accurate feedback?

But, Ford is leaning towards this thing needing a new engine, at this point, the bill from Ford is over $6,200... So I have no earthly idea how this is going to go from here...
That approach makes no sense at all to me. Does it have cam and crank timing synchronization? If so, the cam and crank relationship is fine. I could see pulling the #1 injector, and putting in a depth gauge to find tdc, then comparing it with the cam timing if that is a problem. The head would not need to come off for this. I'd start with a relative compression test. If that's messed up in any way, or the engine rolls over too freely, then on to mechanical compression check. That's a very non-intrusive test, and only takes 3 billable hours. If you have a compression problem on any cylinder, you pull said valve cover, and inspect for visible valve train damage. If none is found, you do a leak down test. If that fails, then you pull a head and see.

So what exactly has the dealership done for $6200? Sounds like you need to put the screws to the service manager, and hold them accountable for proper diagnostics. You might be surprised how much they'll work to resolve your concern if call ford HQ with your situation on the gross incompetence. This is, assuming you do it level headed, and present fact based concerns. They also have access to an FSE (Field service engineer) for escalated problems, where the engineer comes down to make sure things are being done right. In the dealership I work at, if you do unnecessary diagnostics because of incompetence, you don't get paid. All labor and parts need to be justified. If you want any extra help on this, pm me your number, and I'll do my best to help figure out what this needs.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
That approach makes no sense at all to me. Does it have cam and crank timing synchronization? If so, the cam and crank relationship is fine. I could see pulling the #1 injector, and putting in a depth gauge to find tdc, then comparing it with the cam timing if that is a problem. The head would not need to come off for this. I'd start with a relative compression test. If that's messed up in any way, or the engine rolls over too freely, then on to mechanical compression check. That's a very non-intrusive test, and only takes 3 billable hours. If you have a compression problem on any cylinder, you pull said valve cover, and inspect for visible valve train damage. If none is found, you do a leak down test. If that fails, then you pull a head and see.

So what exactly has the dealership done for $6200? Sounds like you need to put the screws to the service manager, and hold them accountable for proper diagnostics. You might be surprised how much they'll work to resolve your concern if call ford HQ with your situation on the gross incompetence. This is, assuming you do it level headed, and present fact based concerns. They also have access to an FSE (Field service engineer) for escalated problems, where the engineer comes down to make sure things are being done right. In the dealership I work at, if you do unnecessary diagnostics because of incompetence, you don't get paid. All labor and parts need to be justified. If you want any extra help on this, pm me your number, and I'll do my best to help figure out what this needs.

The only reason that it is there in the first place, is that my ins co, needed an "un biased, third party, diesel truck repair" shop... I was going to have it towed to VA to see Rescue 250, or Durham to Rudy's, a multitude of businesses that we deal with, that could have had this resolved... But.... Then the body shop would have a way to fight having to pay for it, as "one of my buddy's diesel shops said that it was the body shop's fault"....

So, for now, my ins co is paying for the repairs, until blame is assigned, by Ford, as to who was liable for this mess. Now, if it takes a new engine, that'll be close to 20 k, plus over 6 k for this BS.... Whereas for 15 k, or less, this could have been resolved already....

ToMang07

Reaction score

The-Rock-Clapping-Reaction-Gif_zps7tld4thu.png

Reaction score

Didn't it already pass a compression test?

Honestly this thing sounds like it's missing a ground somewhere and the circuit to fire the injectors isn't complete. If there's no codes and the ECM is saying it's commanding injectors on that's really all there is. Test light across the injector connector will prove that.

I guess they're pulling the head because Ford doesn't approve of something being stuck in the injector hold the verify TDC.

You're either at the ECM trying to fire the injectors and no signal getting there, or the ECM is seeing something or thinks it is seeing something out of time and not commanding them.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score

Honestly this thing sounds like it's missing a ground somewhere and the circuit to fire the injectors isn't complete. If there's no codes and the ECM is saying it's commanding injectors on that's really all there is. Test light across the injector connector will prove that.

I guess they're pulling the head because Ford doesn't approve of something being stuck in the injector hold the verify TDC.

You're either at the ECM trying to fire the injectors and no signal getting there, or the ECM is seeing something or thinks it is seeing something out of time and not commanding them.

Yes, both static and manual compression tests have been done, and, amazingly, its damn near stock, so no ring damage, head gasket damage, etc. Not bad for 278,000 miles... LOL

I am not sure on what their ideas are, as far as spending more money, or saving time (which no one seems interested in doing thus far....) I have no idea. But, I hope that they actually do this, and soon, so that we can move on and get my rig driving out of their door, and soon... But I am not counting on getting it back for the next several weeks....

ToMang07

Reaction score
Yes, both static and manual compression tests have been done, and, amazingly, its damn near stock, so no ring damage, head gasket damage, etc. Not bad for 278,000 miles... LOL

I am not sure on what their ideas are, as far as spending more money, or saving time (which no one seems interested in doing thus far....) I have no idea. But, I hope that they actually do this, and soon, so that we can move on and get my rig driving out of their door, and soon... But I am not counting on getting it back for the next several weeks....

USAA likes to automatically declare "Total" rather than fix it.... obviously you have a say, but I recommend you keep on whoever the agent it your dealing with and be 100% clear that you will NOT let them total it if you don't want them to. I had to fight them a lot when my truck was struck by lightning.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
USAA likes to automatically declare "Total" rather than fix it.... obviously you have a say, but I recommend you keep on whoever the agent it your dealing with and be 100% clear that you will NOT let them total it if you don't want them to. I had to fight them a lot when my truck was struck by lightning.

Oddly enough, that is where they are pointing as of an hour ago... LOL

And I mis spoke, the bill is only at 1850 as of now. the 6200 would be if they removed the head, etc...

I informed them, that if they do total it, I need to pull all of my aftermarket stuff off, and then, I want to buy it back from them, as a buddy and forum member wants it, to modify into something like Wayne did, as an Excursion, but with 6 doors... LOL

As much as I would like a 17 F350, I really like my current setup.... But I do not know what the final decision is going to be, as of yet... But, with all of the hurricane/flood damage out here, they have totaled like 500 plus vehicles, due to water damage, in GA SC and NC so far...

Last edited:

ToMang07

Reaction score
Oddly enough, that is where they are pointing as of an hour ago... LOL

And I mis spoke, the bill is only at 1850 as of now. the 6200 would be if they removed the head, etc...

I informed them, that if they do total it, I need to pull all of my aftermarket stuff off, and then, I want to buy it back from them, as a buddy and forum member wants it, to modify into something like Wayne did, as an Excursion, but with 6 doors... LOL

As much as I would like a 17 F350, I really like my current setup.... But I do not know what the final decision is going to be, as of yet... But, with all of the hurricane/flood damage out here, they have totaled like 500 plus vehicles, due to water damage, in GA SC and NC so far...

Well they WILL nitpick every single flaw they can find. They go through it with a fine tooth comb to find every little ding, scratch, dent, crack, ANYTHING they can to devalue it before they will cut you a check. Just a heads up. I honestly believe the only reason they didn't total my truck (because they tried) was because I never let them take it. I had the tow truck bring it to my selected dealer, and never let them take it. My brother's truck (which they took, got hit at the same time as mine) they wouldn't even give him the option to fix it. Wouldn't tell him where it was, nothing. Luckily he cleaned most of his stuff out of it before they took it.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Well they WILL nitpick every single flaw they can find. They go through it with a fine tooth comb to find every little ding, scratch, dent, crack, ANYTHING they can to devalue it before they will cut you a check. Just a heads up. I honestly believe the only reason they didn't total my truck (because they tried) was because I never let them take it. I had the tow truck bring it to my selected dealer, and never let them take it. My brother's truck (which they took, got hit at the same time as mine) they wouldn't even give him the option to fix it. Wouldn't tell him where it was, nothing. Luckily he cleaned most of his stuff out of it before they took it.

Fortunately, it has been VERY well maintained, and it JUST left a body shop. Even though I have already voiced my opinion on their "half ass" work on the affected body parts, it SHOULD be in perfect condition, as they just paid the body shop 13,000 to make it so.... But, I also purchased the GAP ins through ford... of course, I wont mention that to them, until they get a total... LOL And then I will go see Ken Zook, up in PA, and let him work some magic... LOL

But, in all seriousness, I would rather keep my 13 rolling, because she rolls so well... We shall see what they come up with...

ToMang07

Reaction score
Fortunately, it has been VERY well maintained, and it JUST left a body shop. Even though I have already voiced my opinion on their "half ass" work on the affected body parts, it SHOULD be in perfect condition, as they just paid the body shop 13,000 to make it so.... But, I also purchased the GAP ins through ford... of course, I wont mention that to them, until they get a total... LOL And then I will go see Ken Zook, up in PA, and let him work some magic... LOL

But, in all seriousness, I would rather keep my 13 rolling, because she rolls so well... We shall see what they come up with...

Good luck Corb.

Wayne

Reaction score

Yeah, I wasn't fresh on all the diagnostic details, but if you have compression, I see no reason to pull a head at this point.

pwrstrk01

Reaction score
I saw a similar issue on a 2011 6.7 crank position sensor. It ended up being a PCM, which all I could ever come up with was from being welded on without the pcm being disconnected. I am guessing that the body shop welded on it if it had a cab corner sectioned onto it. I would remove what ever tuner is in it, update it, and try to reinstall it and see if it will sync or not. I have a 2012 pcm you are more than welcome to try if you would like.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
I saw a similar issue on a 2011 6.7 crank position sensor. It ended up being a PCM, which all I could ever come up with was from being welded on without the pcm being disconnected. I am guessing that the body shop welded on it if it had a cab corner sectioned onto it. I would remove what ever tuner is in it, update it, and try to reinstall it and see if it will sync or not. I have a 2012 pcm you are more than welcome to try if you would like.

Now that, makes sense.... let me hit them up on that one. Only thing, is that it ran fine, then the started blowing smoke, as the oil was being pushed out, and then stalled... But, that doesnt mean that it wasnt an issue, and just furthered... We shall see.

Jomax

Reaction score
Now that, makes sense.... let me hit them up on that one. Only thing, is that it ran fine, then the started blowing smoke, as the oil was being pushed out, and then stalled... But, that doesnt mean that it wasnt an issue, and just furthered... We shall see.

I've had two issues develop at the same time more times then I can count. Can't hurt to try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts