boosts numbers matts tunes

mudwizer

Reaction score
What kind of boost numbers should i be seeing with 238/100 38r and matts tunes in race mode

farm boy

Reaction score
Mine was a little low at one point also. I replaced my valley boots with some from Riff Raff, and added his plenum inserts and t bolts. Fixed me right up.

OSCS

Reaction score
I see about 41-43 with my 366. How do you like the tunes so far? I wasn't a fan at first but the More I drive my truck the more I've learned to appreciate them. They do take some getting used to after running David's.

mudwizer

Reaction score
I just about got the gate locked down.I have a waste gate controler from Dieselsite

mudwizer

Reaction score
I Like them tunes.smooth on the tranny, upshifts when u need it, no smoke. going to drive it a few more miles (dont drive it every day) doesnt seem to pull as hard than DI tunes

OSCS

Reaction score
I Like them tunes.smooth on the tranny, upshifts when u need it, no smoke. going to drive it a few more miles (dont drive it every day) doesnt seem to pull as hard than DI tunes

I agree but I finally got around to boost launching it this weekend and it still has plenty nuts.. I'm throwing it on the rollers Saturday to compare it to David's corrected 542rwhp. I'm confident it will make 520-540

SDstroker

Reaction score
Matts tunes your going to use the whole pedal. Other peoples tunes are maxed out before you go full throttle, hence acting like other peoples tunes have more balls

OSCS

Reaction score
Matts tunes your going to use the whole pedal. Other peoples tunes are maxed out before you go full throttle, hence acting like other peoples tunes have more balls

Very true, I didn't realize how much power his tunes had until I REALLY got into it.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Best way to set up the 38r IMO is to remove the wastegate hose, plug it, and then set the wastegate rod so it swings about 45 degrees when you apply air pressure to the pod. This will regulate you to about 34-35lbs of boost in my experience. If you have the turbo off the truck, I would go ahead and drill a hole of the same size as the wastegate hole through the divider by going through that same hole. This will help equalize drive pressure when the wastegate opens and does very little to hurt spoolup.

Tncoalroller88

Reaction score
Best way to set up the 38r IMO is to remove the wastegate hose, plug it, and then set the wastegate rod so it swings about 45 degrees when you apply air pressure to the pod. This will regulate you to about 34-35lbs of boost in my experience. If you have the turbo off the truck, I would go ahead and drill a hole of the same size as the wastegate hole through the divider by going through that same hole. This will help equalize drive pressure when the wastegate opens and does very little to hurt spoolup.

Matt would you care to elaborate a little bit more on how to properly set up the waste gate I usually get only bout 30 maybe 32 pound of boost. I've never messed with the WG since the turbo has been installed just bought the turbo and put it on as is. I'm sure it could use so e adjustment

Gearhead

Reaction score
Matt would you care to elaborate a little bit more on how to properly set up the waste gate I usually get only bout 30 maybe 32 pound of boost. I've never messed with the WG since the turbo has been installed just bought the turbo and put it on as is. I'm sure it could use so e adjustment

just shorten the rod on the wastegate until you get 45 degrees or so of travel when the wastegate fully opens.

Latest posts

Members online