Broke the BTS

TyCorr

Reaction score
Not everything gets posted on the forum.

Some people gave up reporting things because some bandwagoner will bash them to death.

Layson posted something in here. Its remarkably similar, completely, to two guys that live within ten minutes of me. One of which purchased my built trans because his had been gone for four months with no clue when it would be back. Again. Two times.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Hey, you proceed and hopefully you get taken care of. Do a little looking around here, theres plenty of people that started threads wondering whete there trans was. Vendors included.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score

Some people gave up reporting things because some bandwagoner will bash them to death.

Layson posted something in here. Its remarkably similar, completely, to two guys that live within ten minutes of me. One of which purchased my built trans because his had been gone for four months with no clue when it would be back. Again. Two times.

Ya like the hundreds if not thousands of BTS trans out there in trucks that are owned by people who have never been on a forum. Your theory goes both ways. Out of all WOP sold I know of a handful of guys on the internet.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I only sprayed a 67 jet to hit that number. Not that much nitrous. My motor is not just a drop in forged motor with some bigger injectors. A lot of time and thinking went into making my motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbf9703

Reaction score
I'd like to know where those came from also, only failures I've seen were high HP stuff like shafts and stuff
I have personally seen 20+ failures that have never made it on here. And know guys that have spent more on shipping for warranty work than their transmissions cost new or have waited years, yes years, for their warranty work.

For as long as I've been in the 7.3 game it's been BTS. Only until recently have I started seeing negative things being said About Brian's transmissions.
I started seeing problems back in 07 ish when I got in the game, they just weren't made public because everyone likes Brian and he was the go-to guy. You didn't say stuff about him because he fixes it on warranty, it was just the worst kept secret that your warranty may take a while. Now, full disclosure, haven't messed with BTS in 4 years because of it. Maybe he's turned things around. I still know a few people waiting on their transmissions from years back though...

Yep.

I only sprayed a 67 jet to hit that number. Not that much nitrous. My motor is not just a drop in forged motor with some bigger injectors. A lot of time and thinking went into making my motor

I'd be interested in what thinking you used to get that number with only a 67 jet. PM me if you don't want to make it public.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I have a fully built motor to start. It was built by pierce diesel performance. It has a cam from Gearhead and I had my heads ported by crutchfield machine. My turbo was made by comp turbo. It is a ball bearing 72mm with an 87mm exhaust wheel. I ran a 7.508 at Rudy's event. Wallace racing hp calculator puts that between 838 and 863. That was with the 67 jet with a wot switch spraying off the line.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Took three months to get mine back. Don't know how old it was for sure but had the old revision front pump seal in it. Still shifted fine. Front pump bushing was just wore out. Local builder messed up the replacement pump somehow. Still shifted fine with the leaky seal and front pump.

Was told a three week lead time. I know things happen but at least have been honest. I would probably still sent it if they said three months but I would have been prepared for the wait. The new trans has been fine so far. We shall see. Won't be happy if it fails in a short time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Well my dad can't go without a work vehicle for that long. The reason we went BTS was so this WOULDN'T happen. But oh well

buschpoweredstroker

Reaction score
My Pull truck has a BTS that I broke the intermediate shaft in once and he covered it no problem but it took me over 6 months to get it back. I'd like to say that that was because after the pulling season was over, I didn't need it back in a hurry, but I don't think that was the case. It has been fine since then.

My work truck/daily driver has a hd 4r in it now with a 6.0 cooler and I've never had a problem with it and it shifts great. It plows around 15hrs a storm during the winter, and tows around 15K more often than not, and I beat the balls off it. From ford, it was around $2500 including the 6.0 cooler(just parts) with a 3yr unlimited mileage warrantee, and I had it within 2 days. The availability is why I went with it and I couldn't be happier.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ive considered taking the 250/2s out of mine and throwing an ac/30 in and one of those trans and calling it a day. No worry about nozzles, no worry about much of anything. Ifan ad with a larger nozzle wasnt so oil hungry id do that.

gnxtc2

Reaction score

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ya like the hundreds if not thousands of BTS trans out there in trucks that are owned by people who have never been on a forum. Your theory goes both ways. Out of all WOP sold I know of a handful of guys on the internet.

You're right. There are more people out there that dont input. Good or bad.

And WOP has been out of business since most of the really horrid stuff began.

TyCorr

Reaction score
One of the few:
http://www.powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141459

x2 on the BTS issues.....my issue: he wouldn't get on the phone or return any of my messages. If I'm gonna spend over $5000, you bet your a$$ I want to speak with someone in charge before I spend any $$$$.

Billy T.
[email protected]

That was my issue too. I called the first time fully expecting to relay a cc# but no talkie, no buy.

Replay that scenario at least once a day, for two months. I even got a "he'll call you back tonight".

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
You're right. There are more people out there that dont input. Good or bad.

And WOP has been out of business since most of the really horrid stuff began.

True. Bummer deal really. Maybe a very small business that hasn't expanded to meet demand. That could be for many reasons I suppose.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1431704539851.jpg that's some of the material I pulled off the magnet

pilot4life

Reaction score
I have had mine for 6 years now. 30,000 miles on it just getting ready to do an oil change. 38R 238/80's and no issues with mine during that time.

Latest posts

Members online