broken flexplate

moose99psd

Reaction score
so tonight i get home from work. and when i pull into my spot at the house i put it in park and it starts making a weird noise.. nothing rediculess but weird.. didnt think a ton of it.. well i went in took a shower and a nap and was going to out dinner with a friend i start it up and the weird noise was a bit worse.. still drove fine. well i get to the resturant and and put it in park and now the noise is a good bit worse.. worried me a little but i had other things on my mind.. when i went to leave it was just as bad, again started normal and drives normal and the noise is completely gone in any gear just park and neutral is audible.. well when i parked it here at the house it was pretty bad.. not sure how to explain the noise.. but im almost positive its a flexplate or a torque converter.. what are yalls thoughts?

JSchuricht

Reaction score
I have broken a few flex plates. In my case it was just at idle that the truck sounded like it was falling apart. While driving the noise would go away.

moose99psd

Reaction score
I have broken a few flex plates. In my case it was just at idle that the truck sounded like it was falling apart. While driving the noise would go away.

ok thats exactly what ive got going on.. well not idling at like a light or something but if its in P or N it sounds like its coming apart

moose99psd

Reaction score
Uppipes aren't leaking bit thwy are coming out any ways for a t4i kit for my h2e. Worst part about it all is that I'm solo all weekend so this should be fun.

from my butt

Marty

Reaction score
Pull inspection cover and look up at the center of the wheel. In some cases you can see the cracks spiraling out.

Ashame you dont live closer. I have 10 flex plates here.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
The white truck was a manual, thats a flywheel, not flexplate right? Or am I being retarded...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I've got a cryo flex plate needing a home. Let me know.

He's a broke ass...

LOL

I still cant figure out how people break the damn things, the flexplate on my truck now has outlasted 4 motors...

But Nick breaks one with a dyno proven 300hp truck.:lame:

moose99psd

Reaction score
Why is steves post not showing on here? Either way steve shoot me a price. I'm less than positive joe has a flexplate. I know he has a flywheel bit a flexplate... noft sure and I know the dealers won't have one.

from my butt

Latest posts

Members online