Brute66 opinions

The Brad

Reaction score
Last edited:

The Brad

Reaction score
Id like to see what your setup will do "the brad".

I still need more fuel before I can click it into hot tune. My single pump holds 55 in the "100hp" tune, but a over that, the needles drops into the 40's and I back out. I have a second pump, but right now, I'm trying to get my other issues worked out.

Evan@dynoproven

Reaction score
Wow I didn't realize this was going to be a pissing match and I would have to defend every post I make. Where do you guys find all this time to troll the internet posts and talk crap all day??? Sorry it has taken a couple days to answer back, but we have been busy working in the shop not bashing people on the internet. Yes the graph gives the estimated flywheel HP, which is a 16% increase of actual rwhp. We had several trucks come to us directly from David Dunbar's dyno and we calibrated our dyno to match his dyno jet numbers. If there weren't so many cry babies out there we would not have to run the dyno in shootout mode, and we could post actual numbers.

bruce

Reaction score
634 at the flywheel is 533 at the wheels at a 16% driveline loss. Not too crazy a number. If heard of 100% nozzles and a 38r makin 550.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I dont think anyone is being a crybaby, unless I missed it, but people assumed a rwhp number as that is how power is measured typically.

I kind of assumed the number wasnt rwhp.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I still need more fuel before I can click it into hot tune. My single pump holds 55 in the "100hp" tune, but a over that, the needles drops into the 40's and I back out. I have a second pump, but right now, I'm trying to get my other issues worked out.

Gotcha. I didnt really look at your fuel setup, sorry. Maybe getting the fuel supply lined out is a good idea anyway.

Evan@dynoproven

Reaction score
Sorry for any confusion TyCorr I was not talking about you being a cry baby.... This is a common problem we run into people saying they should be at a certain HP number because they just dyno'd at joe bobs shop and they had 600 hp. So to make our numbers closer to what other older dynos read we calibrated it to match a reputable dyno shop with their dyno jet numbers.

Last edited:

bluedge8

Reaction score
Ok so here is a video for all the critics of the Brute66. This was one of the last truck we had in the shop with a brute install. 634 RWHP on fuel only. Atleast 4 other trucks within the past 3 months have acheived over 600HP. Yes the EGTs in this video spiked 1500 but this is an all out dyno tune. All of the above mentioned trucks operate over 600HP with EGTs under 1300 at WOT.

Keep an eye out here I will be posting more videos and Dyno graphs in the next couple days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6btXHAQGwPI

Wow I didn't realize this was going to be a pissing match and I would have to defend every post I make. Where do you guys find all this time to troll the internet posts and talk crap all day??? Sorry it has taken a couple days to answer back, but we have been busy working in the shop not bashing people on the internet. Yes the graph gives the estimated flywheel HP, which is a 16% increase of actual rwhp. We had several trucks come to us directly from David Dunbar's dyno and we calibrated our dyno to match his dyno jet numbers. If there weren't so many cry babies out there we would not have to run the dyno in shootout mode, and we could post actual numbers.
Not to get on the hammer on Dynoproven bandwagon, but, how do you explain those two posts?
634 at the flywheel is 533 at the wheels at a 16% driveline loss. Not too crazy a number. If heard of 100% nozzles and a 38r makin 550.

Sorry for any confusion TyCorr I was not talking about you being a cry baby.... This is a common problem we run into people saying they should be at a certain HP number because they just dyno'd at joe bobs shop and they had 600 hp. So to make our numbers closer to what other older dynos read we calibrated it to match a reputable dyno shop with their dyno jet numbers.
So your answer to "other" shops propping up hp numbers is to do the same?

bluedge8

Reaction score
Not by me, Seems that the brute is pretty even with the D66 when comparing rwhp, not not flywheel hp. Around 500, give or take.

Swaan

Reaction score
Not by me, Seems that the brute is pretty even with the D66 when comparing rwhp, not not flywheel hp. Around 500, give or take.

And why would it not be even between the two. There basiclly the same turbo. :shrug:

rusty1161

Reaction score

Feedback in this post on the "66" style turbos, your Brute 66 included, are first hand experiences from users, not cry babies or trolls. This is a ***tty response, good to know though. I will be spending my dollars elsewhere in the future.

Rusty

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
unless they are using a van turbine wheel to get a hair better flow on the exhaust side, they are the same flow rate making them basically identical...

live life full throttle

Lethalthreat7.3

Reaction score
I really like the 468. I know i only have 250/100's but the truck really runs. Have no idea on the HP, curious but just haven't dyno'd. Son wants me to.
Anyway can't remember who said it(8pgs), but numbers change.
What does it do in the real world.
Had a Cummins screwing around light to light trying to coax me. Twice he took off and I rolled up on him having to back off. The third time we were both headed to the interstate and I just flat took him.
He rolled his window down and actually gave me a thumbs up. We got caught in traffic and he said it dyno'd at 590 and asked me what I was pushing.
Told him, don't know but it works.

Wes Lewis

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how does a 38r compare to a D66?

I'm sure there is a lot of info else where on the 38r just haven't looked. Seems like everyone with an OBS goes d66 and superdutys go to 38r.

Latest posts

Members online