Built Motor

Short Bus

Reaction score
Save your money and buy a stock 6.7. Oops did I say that? I've spent god knows how much tweeking my wife's truck and I'd still rather drive my bone stock 6.7.

bad12jr

Reaction score
If you are patient. Keep an eye out once and a while there is a built truck or motor for sale for good prices.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

co04cobra

Reaction score
The built motor I have waiting to go in my 00 I pulled out of another truck.

The receipts I have for it are right at 18K just parts iirc.

Hypermax rods, hypermax pistons, wop girdle, fire ringed heads, gen 3, swamps bfh, etc...no block fill on it though.

bruce

Reaction score
If you are patient. Keep an eye out once and a while there is a built truck or motor for sale for good prices.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

yeah considerin thuglike sold his black truck for like 23k.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
I've got about 16-17k in my motor, excluding turbo, injectors, fuel, and tranny.

Fire-ringed, billet rods, girdle, ceramic coated pistons, head & main studs, yadda yadda..
I've done everything but the machining and balancing.

I've got about 30-32k in the entire drivetrain build and estimated @ 500-550hp.

Last edited:

nwpastroker

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, better start saving money, every option posted sounds expensive. I thought I blew the truck up tonight, got on it a little bit, all of a sudden, pop and no response. I was to caught up to figure a rod out the block would prolly lock it up tight, oil everywhere. Ended up Bein a hpo line. Free fix instead of the 20 grand I was fearing, thank god!

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, better start saving money, every option posted sounds expensive. I thought I blew the truck up tonight, got on it a little bit, all of a sudden, pop and no response. I was to caught up to figure a rod out the block would prolly lock it up tight, oil everywhere. Ended up Bein a hpo line. Free fix instead of the 20 grand I was fearing, thank god!

Lol nice thats always fun. But actually when I lost my PMR motor # 7 & 8 went out badly and the motor was still running. And then it started back up later lol

---Clayton Watts
2002 eclb 7.3- back in business /for sale
2000 Chevy cavalier- beater
1990 Chevy K1500- for sale
race truck- in the works
sent from the sh!tter withTapatalk2

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I ran 600 on a stock bottom for a long time. Now I have a built motor and it's nothing but a headache and i'm not making any more power than before. I also bought it for $7k off here. I have this one piece of advice for you. Build it yourself or have it built by someone reputable. This, "it was built by so and so and then freshened up by so and so" is a bunch of bull****.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
yall are scaring me and making want to tally up my build so far. Always been scared to add it up LOL and not to mention how many times I had the injectors modded year after year

PSDEng

Reaction score
yall are scaring me and making want to tally up my build so far. Always been scared to add it up LOL and not to mention how many times I had the injectors modded year after year

I did that for my pulling truck once.....I hated myself for a couple weeks :lookaround:

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
ive gotten to the point where ive gotten sick to my stomach of how much I spent and I haven't even bought my billet rods yet. ugh

Latest posts

Members online