Buying some tunes for my truck this week - ALL input welcome!

f-150_xl

Reaction score
Ok, I haven't been on in a while but I figure it's as good a time as any to dive right back in.

Bought a cheap 03 and have been building it for a DD/Date night cruiser :pimp:

All New Mods as follows:
190/75cc Warrens
Powermax
4" TBE
EGR Delete
AD2 165gph
Full custom all braided line fuel system with sump, RR and all the OEM deletes
ARP Studs
All new gaskets
New sensor assortment
Oil cooler relocate/bypass
SCT and full gauge setup

That being said, I want a good solid EGT friendly Tune to haul 12k lbs of stuff and of course another tune to haul a lot of... well, ass!!!

Before ya bash me on the use of the search function - I wanna say I have read a LOT of tune threads and it seems like a lot of these tunes are getting tweaked on a regular basis. So for the summer of 2013, tell me fellas, who's got the best all around tune for my needs and whose tunes are making you smile the most when you jam that skinny pedal?!

Twan

Reaction score
I run Eric's and Matt's tow tunes. I can't decide witch I like better. I had a few changes but ended up going back to the Original tune.

Derkperk

Reaction score
I run Eric from innovative's xtreme x. I like the converter lockup with heavy throttle. Also have his tow tune. My winter tune is river city diesel 75% street.

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
Try tunes from truck source diesel. Much more linear and not as much of a light switch effect you can get with a lot of other tuners.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Any of the already mentioned tuners will take care of your needs. Last I recall TSD doesn't email tunes any longer.

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
I currently run GearHead SRL X and love it! Also look into a FICM tune for a little more wake up! I got mine from PHP... Atlas 80

f-150_xl

Reaction score
I have ran Eric's tunes in the past with good results - I may give him a call again for this build. Anyone running Vivians tunes? Haven't heard many that are, but the ones I have spoken with really seem to like them. I'm completly new to the whole FICM tuning thing - is there a noticeable difference when running a FICM tune AND a custom tune?

ford rules

Reaction score
I'm running Vivian's looney tune which is supposed to be a head bolt safe tune, once my truck is back together I'm gonna try the looney wild. I want something with more than just 5th gear lockup though. Not sure what the lockup is on looney wild.

imelmo

Reaction score
Any of he reputable tuners will make you happy (Elite, TSD, Innovative, Gearhead, etc...). It's really going to come down to your personal driving preference. Right now my favorite that I've had on my current truck is from Gearhead. On the white truck I liked Innovative's the best.

swinky

Reaction score
I'm running Vivian's looney tune which is supposed to be a head bolt safe tune, once my truck is back together I'm gonna try the looney wild. I want something with more than just 5th gear lockup though. Not sure what the lockup is on looney wild.

Run looney wild track then. I love it, normal shifting on light acceleration but it shifts hard and quick when you lean into it. It's a damn good running tune on my 03.

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
My truck hates innovative tuning when it comes to shifting but runs amazing. The best tune I have ever ran in the truck is vivians looney wild love how its nice and mild but really goes when you get into the pedal!

f-150_xl

Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm looking for - a tune that feels like a semi-stock truck until you WANT it to feel like a race truck. I am really considering Vivian's tunes simply because I haven't ran any of them yet. I need to give them a call but I haven't had the chance with my work schedule. That's my goal for tomorrow. So do any of you with custom tunes have a FICM tune also? Was there a noticeable improvement after adding a FICM tune?

fordfan30

Reaction score
no email tune will be as good as a live tune, just saying if I lived near a well known tuner in Md I know who would tune my truck without asking

swinky

Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm looking for - a tune that feels like a semi-stock truck until you WANT it to feel like a race truck. I am really considering Vivian's tunes simply because I haven't ran any of them yet. I need to give them a call but I haven't had the chance with my work schedule. That's my goal for tomorrow. So do any of you with custom tunes have a FICM tune also? Was there a noticeable improvement after adding a FICM tune?

Vivs tunes have that light switch effect. Some hate it some love it. Every truck will act different with certain tunes. Her first tune is $50 and all the others will be $40. I say start with her since its cheapest then go from there.

Live tuning would be ideal though.

Latest posts

Members online